PDA

View Full Version : My grandcats, Guinness and Dandy (video)

Pam
01-21-2006, 07:27 AM
I got a new camera for Christmas, capable of taking movies, and have been playing around with it a bit. Robyn's cat, Guinness, has the loudest purr I have ever heard and it sounds quite unlike any other purr. When we were in the car bringing him home from the shelter a couple of years ago we actually thought something was wrong with the car and that the sound was coming from the engine. LOL! Anyway, I tried to record Guinness purring but didn't do a really good job, but here is a sample....

http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=xgVckmsu2Vg

kimlovescats
01-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Yep, I heard that motor! Cute video ... aren't cameras just the neatest? :D

catmandu
01-21-2006, 09:40 AM
That is a wonderful bed,is it a converted wading pool.
What a great Idea for a Cat Bed.
And that Little Ebony Cat certainly is a lively and curious Cat.
They are both Wonderful,and I thank you for sharing.

Pam
01-22-2006, 06:50 AM
That is a wonderful bed,is it a converted wading pool.
What a great Idea for a Cat Bed.
And that Little Ebony Cat certainly is a lively and curious Cat.
They are both Wonderful,and I thank you for sharing.

Gary, it is a molded plastic *race car* bed that my grandson sleeps in. The cats usually bunk out with him at night and like to have naps in it during the day as well. Guinness is really loud. My movie doesn't really bring that out. I took a longer one where he is even more vocal but got tired of how long it was taking to upload. :p Both cats are super friendly although Guinness is definitely Mr. Outgoing as you can see. :)

Kim, yes cameras are the best. I enjoying taking pictures and I really enjoy viewing everyone else's pictures too!

shais_mom
01-22-2006, 11:24 AM
aaawwwww

I love your grandcats! ;)

Barbara
01-23-2006, 03:57 AM
I've been missing Guinness and Dandy now for so long. I could hear a little of the purr- and I loved that meow :)

sirrahbed
01-23-2006, 05:35 AM
How sweet! Yes that IS an unusual purr :) I think I would like a video of many of our purring PT kitties. Thanks for sharing that Pam.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Awww.....what a little loverboy that Guiness is. :D