PDA

View Full Version : Cat Born with Cyclopic Eye

Crazy-Cat-Lover
01-21-2006, 06:29 AM
I was searching on Snopes and found this...

"Cy, short for Cyclopes, a kitten born with only one eye and no nose, is shown in this photo provided by its owner in Redmond, Oregon, on Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2005. The kitten, a ragdoll breed, which died after living for one day, was one of two in the litter. Its sibling was born normal and healthy."

Click Here for Image (http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/cyclopes.asp) (WARNING: May be disturbing to some)

http://www.smileypad.com/v10/Cache/Feelings/Dunno2.gif

smokey the elder
01-21-2006, 08:15 AM
The poor kitten died. This was just one sign of very severe genetic damage.

Laura's Babies
01-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Poor baby! I doubt that is not a one of us here that won't have loved it, even if briefly.

WolvesRawk
01-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Poor baby. So sad that his life was so short. A cat with one eye would have been really cool, though! Too bad he was born like that. :(

Cubby'sMom
01-22-2006, 11:00 PM
It sounds so awful! I admit I was too afraid to look at the picture. Things like this seem to stick in my head and bother me.

CagneyDog
01-23-2006, 12:53 AM
It's fake...

Crazy-Cat-Lover
01-23-2006, 01:21 AM
From Snopes...

"AP regional photo editor Tom Stathis said he took extensive steps to confirm the one-eyed cat was not a hoax. Stathis had Allen ship him the memory card that was in her camera. On the card were a number of pictures — including holiday snapshots, and four pictures of a one-eyed kitten. The kitten pictures showed the animal from different perspectives.

Fabricating those images in sequence and in the camera's original picture format, from the varying perspectives, would have been virtually impossible, Stathis said."

It is real, they have pictures of a cyclopic goat as well. :o

lv4dogs
01-23-2006, 10:05 AM
From an animal lovers heart I would of loved that kitty no matter what.

How weird that it is born with the eye open already. Is that common with some genetic defults?

beeniesmom
01-25-2006, 03:26 PM
It's fake...

looked fake to me too.