PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting confused!!!

joanofark
01-20-2006, 11:16 AM
I've been getting really confused lately!! Sometimes when me and .sarah post in the same thread and someone says something to "Sarah" I get really confused!!:p:(:D This has happened about 5 times now.... I'm about to reply when I notice.."Wait, I'm not sure if they are talking to me or not?!":eek::rolleyes:. Gosh, why do I have to have such a popular name;)?!!? I know there is another Sarah on here but I'm not quite sure who though, lol. And I know Buckner is Sara without a H.... I know there is a Devon and a Devan, and Kay and Kaykay....

So does anyone else share a name on here with someone and it gets a little confusing??:)

Anita Cholaine
01-20-2006, 11:22 AM
lol... I'm glad to be Natali (not even Natalie or Nataly...) I think I'm the only Natali at my school too... :p

.sarah
01-20-2006, 11:39 AM
I love my name dearly, but, it's so frustrating having to share it with so many people! When I was in third grade there were four Sarahs in my class, all spelled with an "H", and two had the same last name! I didn't get it ... there were four classes in my grade, and they put all of the Sarahs in the same one! :rolleyes:

If I ever have children they'll have unique names, because I hate having such a popular name. I don't even respond to my name anymore unless if I regonize the voice!

Husky_mom
01-20-2006, 01:33 PM
i havent had that problem since i can remember, but my mom and i share the same name, both names, but she gets called by her second and i by my first so no confucions at all.

i wondered if theres another Isabel around here, just to make sure ;)

Jessika
01-20-2006, 01:41 PM
"Jessica" is pretty popular too but when someone talks to me on the forums they spell it with a 'k' (hence my user name! :D) and I did it that way on purpose.

Most of the time though when I refer to someone on forums I refer to them by their username to avoid this problem unless they prefer to be called by their real name (I've had some people get mad before because I would refer to them by their usernames and not by their real name.. :rolleyes: )

Suki Wingy
01-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Nope! I love having my name, it is a bit common but not my pronunciation and not my full name (Evangeline) Pronunced like the poem. (last 4 letters 'lean' not 'line') my name that everyone calls me is Eva, pronounced EEva. I refuse to name a pet a common name and if I ever have any kids it will sertainly be the same!

Karen
01-20-2006, 02:12 PM
There are many, many Karens here, and that has been true wherever I have been in my life. So around here, I clarify things, if need be, by leaving messages or whatever from "KarentheMayor."

Edwina's Secretary
01-20-2006, 02:30 PM
You never know.....my name is Sara and when I was growing up I did not know anyone else with the name. I was the only Sara in my class....in college I was the only Sara in my dorm.

So it WAS an unusual name......not that so very long ago!

.sarah
01-20-2006, 02:47 PM
You never know.....my name is Sara and when I was growing up I did not know anyone else with the name. I was the only Sara in my class....in college I was the only Sara in my dorm.

So it WAS an unusual name......not that so very long ago!
But Sara(h) has been one of the most common names for decades ... or at least that's what I thought. Maybe you just lived in an area where there were none? lol. That's really wierd though, because it's so common everywhere I go!

joanofark
01-20-2006, 03:00 PM
When I was in third grade there were four Sarahs in my class, all spelled with an "H", and two had the same last name! I didn't get it ... there were four classes in my grade, and they put all of the Sarahs in the same one! :rolleyes:

Creepy... when I wa in 3rd grade there was three of us but one was Sara... So whenever the teacher wanted one of us the would have to use our last names... but one of she Sarah's last name was the name of someone else... yeah there was two classes for 3rd and all Sara(h)s were in one........

Yeah... I'm the only Sarah I know of now in my group of friends... and there is only one other Sara.

Kfamr
01-20-2006, 03:02 PM
I don't get confused, no one else here has my name. :)

Laura's Babies
01-20-2006, 04:00 PM
There is more than one Laura here.....

I always loved the name Sarah and if I'd had another girl, that would have been her name. I don't think of it as a "common" name but more a "old fashioned" name.

Hay you Sarah's, it is like a bouquet of lovely roses, they are all roses but each unique and special in their own way!

animal_rescue
01-20-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm one of 2 Megan's on here, I believe.

luvofallhorses
01-20-2006, 05:10 PM
I believe I am the only Krista. :)

Almita
01-20-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm the only alma here but I like to be called almita because my mom is alma also and so mostly everyone calls me alma, almita, almadelia and more....

dogzr#1
01-20-2006, 06:20 PM
i think i am the only Monica here. although there are two monica's in my english class. so my teacher calls one Monica (with a long 'o' and a spanish accent) and the other one Monica just how it is pronounced.

when i was in 5th grade there were two sarahs in my class but one didn't have a 'h' so our teacher called one sarah with the 'h'. it was kinda funny.

Edwina's Secretary
01-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Here's something fun that will show you the change in popularity of a name....in this case Sara/Sarah.

I was named when the name's popularity was low!

Sara/Sarah (http://babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html)

sandragonfly
01-20-2006, 07:30 PM
fun site, sara! that site doesn't have every name though. :( (mine, gina - the only and one here... :D - ranked 119th (pretty popular) when I was born, now as of 2004, 574th. woohoo, my name is becoming special). ;) :p I rare see my name around so I get excited when I see "gina" anywhere.

anyway, to answer you question, sarah - me, sometimes confused when trying to recall the name but not with who's talking to who! as long as they have been mentioning which one by their pets, colors, words they use, etc. or of course, everyone would be completely confused!

Giselle
01-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Many many many ANIMALS share my name. :D I shudder to hear the name "Sophie" screamed across the dog park...

.sarah
01-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Interesting site! I was named when it was ranked #5, I guess that's why I know so many Sara(h)s!

MariaM
01-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Look up Maria! It wasn't even in the top 1000 when I was born!Major ranked 278 in the 1880's! haha

prechrswife
01-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Many many many ANIMALS share my name. :D I shudder to hear the name "Sophie" screamed across the dog park...

Try being "Dusty." :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
01-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Oh gosh, it seems like my name (Katie) is REALLY popular, especially around here...I know about 7 or 8 Katies in this area, and it gets pretty annoying!:rolleyes: But then again, I've only known two Kathryn's (my full name) in my whole life. I really like the name Kathryn better, but no one would ever call me it...I'm just plain Katie. Guess it was a popular name back in the 1990s...(like the website says...top 50 I guess...neat site!);)

BitsyNaceyDog
01-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Finn's Mom and I are both named Kari. With the same spelling.
I don't actually know too many people with the name Kari, but when I do come across one they usually spell it Carrie, or sometimes Kerry.

Jessika
01-21-2006, 02:10 PM
My name "Jessica" was ranked #1 in the 1980's.. :rolleyes: Way to be original, mom and dad! LOL

ScatandDixie
01-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Sorry to interrupt this thread, I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread :confused:
Anyway, I'm new here, my names Leslie, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I need to figure out a way to get some cute pictures of my babies on here too, but I don't have a way to get the pictures online.. Any suggestions? Ah, either way, I'm Leslie. I love looking at all the animals on here, you all have some real beauties!

Jessika
01-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Sorry to interrupt this thread, I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread :confused:
Anyway, I'm new here, my names Leslie, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I need to figure out a way to get some cute pictures of my babies on here too, but I don't have a way to get the pictures online.. Any suggestions? Ah, either way, I'm Leslie. I love looking at all the animals on here, you all have some real beauties!

When you browse to a forum, there should be a button on the top-right or even on the bottom-right that says "new thread" :)

sammy101
01-21-2006, 07:05 PM
My name was ranked #4 in the 1990's.(btw my name is Samantha...). I think i'm the only Sam on here so i dont get confused :o

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-21-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm one of 2 Megan's on here, I believe.

I'm the other!

.sarah
01-21-2006, 07:24 PM
Finn's Mom and I are both named Kari. With the same spelling.
I don't actually know too many people with the name Kari, but when I do come across one they usually spell it Carrie, or sometimes Kerry.
I believe that is cocker_luva's name as well -- same spelling.

Karen
01-21-2006, 07:53 PM
It's not just girls who have this problem sometimes. For example, I married Paul, was married by Paul, Paul sang at our wedding, Paul refused to come, and Paul was in the Army, and I didn't know where to send his invitation!

Toby's my baby
01-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Beth - rank in 1960, 66th :p

I THINK im the only Beth on here. I dont know any other Beths either, so I never get confused. But, I know two Jordan Andersons, and they are BOTH my friends, so that gets really confusing. We always have to refer to what grades they are in, because else know one knows which one we are talking about :p

k9krazee
01-21-2006, 08:37 PM
My name is Ashley, and I know there's a few other Ashleys on here. Why did my parents have to give me such a popular name :(

Suki Wingy
01-21-2006, 09:03 PM
YAY! starting in 1970s and up until now my name is not in the top 1000!!! :D
My only animal's name that is on there is now 167 :( and it is such a beautiful name, I guess that movie Sky High may be to blame??