PDA

View Full Version : I have been misquoted!!!

RICHARD
01-19-2006, 03:18 PM
A little light political humor.....

Poor old Ray Nagin, the mayor of New Orleans, holds a press conference to let us know that we get storms because we are fighting in Iraq...Then he makes the statement that he's gonna build N.O. back as a "chocolate town",

Moron don't know that Hershey, Pennsylvania is the true Chocolate Town.... :rolleyes:

Then we get the screechy woman what said that the government is being run like a plantation?

Say what? No, I don't know what you mean, I know what you are hinting at and think picking MLK day to toss out a statement like that took no brains...I used to admire you, now I tolerate you.

I say we impeach Geena Davis! :confused:

And finally, Good Old Saddam has released a tape.....I wonder what he'll be misquoted about and what cock and bull apology he'll come up with..... :rolleyes:

Maybe, by electing OLB to an office here in the states and offering him a press conference...who can pass up a chance to get in front of a camera and make an arse outta themselves, we can lure him out of his lair?

Then we slap the cuffs on him and the war on terror will be over!! :D

Hey, it's worth a try.... ;)

lizbud
01-19-2006, 06:03 PM
"And finally, Good Old Saddam has released a tape.....I wonder what he'll be misquoted about and what cock and bull apology he'll come up with..... "

Saddam is in the slammer Richard. Osama Bin has a new tape & threat.

RICHARD
01-19-2006, 06:18 PM
"And finally, Good Old Saddam has released a tape.....I wonder what he'll be misquoted about and what cock and bull apology he'll come up with..... "

Saddam is in the slammer Richard. Osama Bin has a new tape & threat.

LOLOLOL,

After all those months of hiding in a stinky old hole, all despots look the same...

Anyway,

I WAS MISQUOTED!!!! :eek: :D ;) :rolleyes:

lizbud
01-20-2006, 09:39 AM
LOLOLOL,

After all those months of hiding in a stinky old hole, all despots look the same...

Anyway,

I WAS MISQUOTED!!!! :eek: :D ;) :rolleyes:

Don't worry Richard, GWB & Cheney confuse the two all the time. :D

Lady's Human
01-20-2006, 10:33 AM
What's the difference? They are both problems that should have been solved by the proper application of an M-21 a decade ago.

lvpets2002
01-20-2006, 10:42 AM
What's the difference? They are both problems that should have been solved by the proper application of an M-21 a decade ago.

Yup my words to the teeee //

Thanks Richard

RICHARD
01-20-2006, 12:12 PM
More light political observations.

Frere Jacques Chirac threatens to pop a Nuclear Cap at anyone who brings terrorism with in the French borders..like WTF?

That's not even sporting. Now if WE decided to go that route EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER (Mine too!) would say that the U.S. is bullying the rest of the world!

Now where are all the anti-nuke proliferation people?

I know, they have been chasing the French-0umping in and Exploding the oceans for a while. A rubber Zodiac boat against a ticked off french dude with a high pressure water hose, My kinda fight!!!! :eek:

And of course, the Ayotollah K is long gone, but Iran still wants to rule the world......Another one of the world's richest oil-nations and they need a reactor?

We could send them Senator Kennedy.

He "reacted" at the Alito hearings. 20 minutes of "self love" and 40 seconds of the judge answering questions.

And about the Iranian nuclear threat.

The Euro Union all of a sudden is within reach of those wild and crazy
Iranian missiles and the thermo nukes that may ride on top. All of a sudden it's not fun being an infidel, eh???

The Israelis had the right idea back in the day. Once upon a time, in a place called Osirak, Good Old Saddam had a nuke reactor in the making (With the help of France), dit took a few America built f-15s and -16s to find the design flaws in the project!

The end of Saddam and the bomb.

-------------------------

I really think that we should consider a truce with OBL.

We take the troops out of the Middle East and flood the area with cell phones, video games, Playboy magazines and fast food. Sell them SUVs,
Nike shoes and let women vote and drive!

Did I mention cable TV????

Once they get fat lazy and jaded they won't have a taste for Jihad....but they will have a taste for the 99 cent cheeseburger from Mac Donald's!!!

--------------------------------------------
I now announce my candidacy!!

Richard in '08 :eek: :rolleyes: :o :confused:

Samantha Puppy
01-20-2006, 01:24 PM
I'd like to see what would happen if a white mayor of a distraught large American city said that he intended to rebuild the city as a "vanilla town".

Riots, bedlam, looting, the removal of the mayor from office...

Edwina's Secretary
01-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Speaking of really stupid things said by politicians lately.....how about Bush comparing his boo-boo from a tree branch to the injuries sustained by our troops in Iraq? Amputees no less.

"As you can possibly see, I have an injury myself—not here at the hospital, but in combat with a cedar. I eventually won. The cedar gave me a little scratch."—After visiting with wounded veterans from the Amputee Care Center of Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Jan. 1, 2006

The guy has no class!

Lady's Human
01-20-2006, 02:41 PM
ES, I've made similar jokes while talking with fellow soldiers who have been WIA, it helps lighten the atmosphere. I'd like to see the rest of the story/transcript, got a link?

One thing about dealing with soldiers. Humor helps, regardless of the type. If a soldier loses his/her sense of humor then they're screwed.

RICHARD
01-20-2006, 03:16 PM
"As you can possibly see, I have an injury myself—not here at the hospital, but in combat with a cedar. I eventually won. The cedar gave me a little scratch."—After visiting with wounded veterans from the Amputee Care Center of Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Jan. 1, 2006

A little self deprecation is the sign of a person with humor.

I have, in the past, self defecated myself occasionally. :confused: :eek: :o

-------------------------

I almost forgot!!

Kudos to Nancy Pelosi!

I watched, with some glee I'll admit, to a speech she gave this week.

During her talk a woman came out and disrupted the event. Protestors then brought out signs of protest.

Instead of booting out the hecklers and protestors, she soldiered on (pun intended) and let them line up at the front of the stage while she finished.

Albeit like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs....

I miss the days when people were maced and dragged out kicking and screaming......friggin politicians -- they are getting too soft!

Edwina's Secretary
01-20-2006, 03:31 PM
There I go again....forgetting that soldiers are not like any other human beings and.....are all exactly the same!

Good think I am not a soldier....if I were in a hospital with my arms and legs blown off I am not sure I would find it all that funny if the guy who sent me there made reference to a boo boo he got while enjoying his vacation.

It kinda reminds me of the remark his mother said about the refugees from the hurriane....being poor and all they didn't mind the horrible conditions but they had better not plan on staying in Texas!

(Oh yeah....I saw it on the evening news....I'm sure you can find a tape of it online.)

RICHARD
01-20-2006, 04:45 PM
It kinda reminds me of the remark his mother said about the refugees from the hurriane....being poor and all they didn't mind the horrible conditions but they had better not plan on staying in Texas!

WHEW!

She was misquoted on that!

I thought we had lost the essence of the thread!

Lady's Human
01-20-2006, 05:53 PM
ES, as an institution, the military does tend towards people with similar personalities. The ones who don't fit in either get booted, don't advance, or serve their initial enlistment and get out. Are we clones? No. However, due to similar training and experiences, we can take a group of 150 soldiers and have them functioning as a cohesive unit in a fairly short amount of time.

The lack of a sense of humor about events is one of the prime indicators of combat stress. One soldier who I have served a long time with is currently in rehab for wounds recieved from an IED, and I knew Ken was going to be okay when he was joking about the wounds in his email.

Edwina's Secretary
01-20-2006, 06:12 PM
I am sure that GW learned the military style of communication during his distinguished career on the front lines...... or maybe Cheney (I had better things to do) clued him in...

Humor helps in all situations with all types of people....but then so does sensitivity.....

Who knows....maybe the mayor of New Orleans was engaging in some "NO style banter!"

Just a little light political observation and you guys get all bent out of shape!

lizbud
01-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Cartoon I saw today.... :D

http://content.todayscartoons.uclick.com/?feature=9d241d1d056cdfcd7e8a3c70392f20d3

Lady's Human
01-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Liz, That's priceless.......and would be well deserved! :D

RICHARD
01-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Just a little light political observation and you guys get all bent out of shape!

Bent out of shape?

How did you know about my back problems?

Doll,

For S&G I tuned into Air America and listened to my favorite Bush Bashers..

Read the whole transcript of the OBL tape...

The anniversary of him kicking the USSR outta Afghanistan is on 2/5.

The Al Queda is hip on celebrating anniversaries...the LAPD has tightened up security on the LA airport..the Super Bowl is on 2/6..

The INS has found out that the Mexican coyotes have been paid 8k to smuggle people (read PEOPLE OF ARAB descent) into the US....

And NO ONE wants to tighten up border security?

Again,
Hold the people who are for ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS RIGHTS responsible for what happens next. :eek: