PDA

View Full Version : upsetting me

juju
01-19-2006, 09:42 AM
we moved house about 3 months ago and my garden leads onto a park, in the last week I have seen to people hitting there dogs because they wouldnt do as they was told. I must admit I did put myself and my dogs in danger the first time as I confronted the first owner and told him had he ever thought of training his dog with food and positive reward instead of beating the dog. and he bluntly denied it. I have to be carefull for my own safety about reporting as the owner saw me coming out of my gate. This behaviour is really upsetting me. what would you do.

julie

lv4dogs
01-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Boy that is a tough situation. Like you said you have to watch out for your own personal safety.

Can you contact the town? I don't know if they can do something about it or not.
Or even ask them if they or you can post a sign in the park, saying something along the lines "please be nice to your dog we can see you".

How far away is animal control? Are they close enough that if you call them when you see it happen that they can get there in time to catch the person?

Other than those I can't think of any other things you could do that would not jepordize the safetly of you & your dog.

I hope someone else may have some more info for you.

I wish you the best of luck!

i_love_nicki
01-19-2006, 11:02 AM
I would contact the animal control and maybe the county office, that is a really tough situation... good luck! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-20-2006, 03:51 AM
I'd be inclined to try to lead by example by taking my dog to the park and making sure he is seen to be having fun, being obedient and being praised not hit.......