PDA

View Full Version : Something you couldn't live without...

Christiansmommy
01-19-2006, 09:03 AM
...I am actually talking about a material object...not a dog/cat or person, b/c I know they would be #1 in all of our lives...but what is something you couldn't live without in your life/household, etc.

I couldn't live w/o my Steam Cleaner Wet Vac...a MUST in a home with 3 pets!

Also, my house security system...at night, I feel so much more confident that my son is safe, and my hubby and me, knowing that the alarm is on...

How about you??

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Probably my computer. I keep close contact with so many people through my computer, I don't know what I'd do without it!

davidpizzica
01-19-2006, 09:16 AM
I can't stand to be without my web tv! I have it on as much as I can. Without it there would be no PT, and without it I wouldn't have met Donna! (we gab a lot on the phone!)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-19-2006, 09:30 AM
I am in a good position to know what I can't do without because of our travels in the motorhome - we just can't take everything with! So both Terry and I have discovered that the one thing we really miss is our jacuzzi tub. We have one in the master bath at home and we are both always in it in the wintertime. When we get back from a vacation, it's a fight as to who gets it first. ;) :rolleyes: :D We've tried substituting by staying in campgrounds that have hot tubs, but it never seems to work out - it's down for repairs, it's out of season, oh no we haven't had a hot tub in years those camping books have got it wrong. And the campgrounds that are sure to have one up and running are campgrounds where we won't stay - KOAs are an example.

So, the biggest thing we're going to miss when we go full-time is the hot tub. :)

Laura's Babies
01-19-2006, 09:31 AM
COMPUTER!

Our family is scattered all over the USA and it is a wonderful tool for staying in touch and keeping up. It has been a blessing since Eddies accident and saved Regina hours and hours on the phone giving verbal updates. After Katrina, someone in California posted on our family web sight looking for news of my brother and his family who live on the west bank of New Orleans.. Saved her a LOT of worry to immediately find out they were alright. Since so many of us live in hurrican zones, the computer is a really handy tool.

Pam
01-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Probably my washer and dryer. I can't imagine how people lived back in the days of Little House on the Prairie. My first thought was my computer, but if I was washing clothes by hand I would have little time to be on it anyway. :p :D

.sarah
01-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Definetly my camera. I always have it with me and I ... lol see I just stopped typing to take a few pictures. I can't imagine not having it. It's so great for me to be able to capture a moment in time forever.

Ginger's Mom
01-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Ah Pam, you beat me to it. Definitely a washer and dryer. I could do without almost everyother modern convenience (except my car), but I cannot be without a washer/dryer (I am way to lazy to go to a laudromat every week ;)).

Pawsitive Thinking
01-19-2006, 10:11 AM
You guys! Be lost without PT

lv4dogs
01-19-2006, 10:24 AM
I am not sure if a computer would count for me or not. My home comp. is currently broke & has been for months BUT I get to use the one at work when ever I want. If I didn't have a computer to use at all I would go insane.

But I do like your thoughts about the vacuum, thats a must in my home too, as well as paper towles. lol But I think if I HAD to I'd rather sweep & have a computer than vacuum & no computer. lol

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-19-2006, 10:26 AM
My camera! Everywhere I go, I always have my camera ready. :p

Anita Cholaine
01-19-2006, 10:32 AM
I think that my computer...That's how I keep in contact with my friends, and I enter PT, of course! :p

It could also be my camera... I lovetaking pics, and it happened so many times to me that I wished I had my camera with me on that moment...

Muddy4paws
01-19-2006, 12:13 PM
A watch or a clock, I feel so strange if I dont have a rough idea about the time of day it is, It kind of panics me sometimes :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
01-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Books.....as much as I enjoy the computer....with books I don't have to worry about the electricity...

Roxyluvsme13
01-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Probably my Laptop! :D

joanofark
01-19-2006, 12:40 PM
This is so hard.... probally the computor.. you can do almost everything with it!! Clothes are important too!! lol:p

king2005
01-19-2006, 01:16 PM
hmmmm, not too sure really.

I can live without my computer, washer & dryer, toilet, shower & tub, hair brush, stove, fridge, dishes, bed, tv, can opener & prob more, it would suck, but I have done it before. I really do enjoy camping with nothing but nature & eatting anything I can catch. Watching the stars & wildlife is my TV out there.... OH I know! Matches or a lighter! I would eat raw meat & uncooked plants & bugs, but I'd rather not & not having a nice warm fire does suck, as it gets COLD fast up here.

So matches/lighter to make a camp fire it is :)

luvofallhorses
01-19-2006, 01:26 PM
probably the computer and the t.v.

anna_66
01-19-2006, 01:35 PM
You pose a good question there Robyn.

I've been sitting here thinking and at this very moment I'd have to agree with your mom about the washer & dryer.
We've had so much rain here lately that the ground is saturated and never dry so the dogs have had the most dirty feet all the time :eek:
I'm constantly washing towels and sheets (I lay the sheets down for them to come in on).

So today my answer is Washer and Dryer!!!!!!

kimboe
01-19-2006, 01:49 PM
So matches/lighter to make a camp fire it is
I would also agree with that!
And My Camera and LIPGLOSS!!!
I can not go with out my lipgloss, sounds messed but i can't leave the house without any. And if i don't have none, they i'd buy some!

Alysser
01-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Laptop

Kfamr
01-19-2006, 02:14 PM
The shower! I cannot stand NOT being clean. I take atleast 2 showers a day.

Husky_mom
01-19-2006, 02:22 PM
this is weird but my first choice would be CHEESE!! LOL i canīt live without it, when iīm out of it i feel like deprived (sp?) and an urge to have my daily dose LOL everything i eat HAS to have cheese, EVERYTHING!!

but then again there are another few things like the comp which without it i could be doing this, the T.V. i hate to have to stare at the walls LOL, all the facilities of the modern life washer/dryer/microwave/stove/clocks/W.C./
running water/hair conditioner/shoes/...........so iīm grateful i live at this point in life, i canīt imagine what i would do without all this, but thats evolution......LOL

k9krazee
01-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Oh...tough decison :o

My camera and a computer I suppose...

.sarah
01-19-2006, 02:47 PM
The shower! I cannot stand NOT being clean. I take atleast 2 showers a day.
Ohh ... that one too.

davidpizzica
01-19-2006, 03:03 PM
I know I mentiond my web tv before, but there is another item I can't live without: my car! I can't get anywhere without it!

Van10
01-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Hmmmm... I don't think I could live without soap, Toothbrush & toothpaste, shampoo, razors and shaving cream...etc...etc...etc...

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Probably the shower, washing machine, vacuum and my camera.

Van10
01-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh I forgot!....

Deodorant and my camera!

JenBKR
01-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Washer, dryer, dishwasher, shower, and deodorant. I guess I'm just a clean person.

Ok, I could live without all of the above. But they sure are nice to have!

Suki Wingy
01-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Well, I am addicted to the computer but if we were talking about bare essentialy I would say hairbands (my hair is thick and really long) and a lamp. I feel lost without my camera though. As for shower, I could go without that one as long as I didn't come into contact with any other clean people. I think I would make a good feild anthropologist ;)

Vette
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Family.. and my computer! :D
oh and YouTube and Pandora. LOL ;)

http://www.youtube.com/

http://www.pandora.com/

Chilli
01-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Probably...ah.... my skateboards. Its one of the only things that keep me active. :D
After that, it'd probably be my camera.

CountryWolf07
01-19-2006, 05:28 PM
I can't live w/out my Cochlear Implant - that is what I wear to allow me to hear everything. :) W/out it, I am deaf.

Buddy Blaze Lover
01-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Hmm...well, I'd say I'm quite content with my family, friends and pets around me!:D If I had to choose, it would probably be the computer:rolleyes: ;)

Flatcoatluver
01-19-2006, 07:28 PM
hmmm... probally I could not live without my coputer!! I just looooooooove it so much!!!! :D

G.P.girl
01-19-2006, 09:04 PM
honsestly, as cliche as it sounds, i seriously could not live without my cell phone...and my computer :o :D

cyber-sibes
01-19-2006, 10:42 PM
And this is easy - CLEAN WATER!!!!!!
- last year our well went out, had nothing but rust & sludge getting pumped up. It was almost a month before they could come dig a new well, & we had to haul every drop of water from somewhere else - I had to do laundry out, heat water on the stove for dishes, and shower down at the university locker room -- I so appreciate CLEAN WATER now!
oh, and toilet paper. I'm always worried that we'll run out of toilet paper. :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
01-19-2006, 10:59 PM
My T Mobile Sidekick 2! I just love it and don't ever separate myself from it.

K9karen
01-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Decent Medical Insurance, coffee, refreshing cocktails, a fenced in yard, contact lenses.

Cataholic
01-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Decent Medical Insurance, coffee, refreshing cocktails, a fenced in yard, contact lenses.

WAH! Add hot water, and we are twins! :D

G.P.girl
01-20-2006, 09:31 AM
oh yeah i forgot coffee! i would give up my celll phone for coffee, and thats saying a lot.

also toilets, cause last christmas our plumbing got messed up cause of roots adn old pipes and so we had to have a porta potty right in front of our house for a few weeks when it was freezing cold outside *sudders* ugh. not fun when you have to go pee at 3 in the morning.

CountryWolf07
01-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Starbucks/coffee, laptop, cell phone..

Jessika
01-20-2006, 01:54 PM
My camera, or my computer. I could live without every other electronic and posession I own!

Suki Wingy
01-20-2006, 02:00 PM
oh yeah i forgot coffee! i would give up my celll phone for coffee, and thats saying a lot.
BLECH!! Coffee smells worsh than cigarette smoke and THAT is saying something!! :p