PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh. I'm on the slippery slope.....

Don Juan's mom
01-19-2006, 01:52 AM
That's right.

I'M FEEDING A STRAY.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

A little orange guy has been coming around to the yard, eliciting curiosity from Zerlina and yowls from Don Juan. He's a good-sized kitten, maybe 4-6 months old, and apparently owned. He wears a nice collar and is pretty well-kept. I put out a little dry food a couple of days.

Then, this morning, he was right outside the door when I left for work. Naturally, I went right back in the house and got some kibble. He was one hungry boy!

Now I know Ralph Syracuse and all his orange bretheren are cheering, but I can't take on another cat! I live in a small place, and two cats are enough. Plus, I'm seriously broke! I may try some Nutro Nature's Choice Indoor Cat Formula myself. :rolleyes:

If I get close enough to see if Little Orange Guy has identification on his collar, I will take him home and suggest that he should be indoors. But I'm a little worried that I'll progress to dry food mixed with treats, then a name, then his own litter box.... :D
Liz

jenluckenbach
01-19-2006, 05:19 AM
Hopefully he DOES have indentification. But if not, there is always room for one more. ;)

catlady1945
01-19-2006, 05:32 AM
Be careful! We added two to our cat family that way. We start out with...."don't name them (our youngest still answers to Kitty), oh just let them in until it stops raining," etc.

catmandu
01-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Michael and Miquelito are hoping that that Little Orangie will be All Right,and will somehow find Somebody that will love him,and give him his Very Own Furr Ever Home!!

Laura's Babies
01-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Seems like YOU have been selected to be "Mom". What a honor!

krazyaboutkatz
01-19-2006, 11:42 AM
I hope you'll be able to catch him and take him to his home. He may not be getting the attention that he deserves or he may just like getting extra meals. Good luck. :)