PDA

View Full Version : downloading free music?

Flatcoatluver
01-18-2006, 08:21 PM
I was wondering if there is a place to download free music?? I want some safe places to go!

luvofallhorses
01-18-2006, 08:36 PM
http://www.launch.com

Flatcoatluver
01-18-2006, 08:37 PM
thanks so much!!!

Karen
01-18-2006, 08:43 PM
We recently had a thread just like this. If you have iTunes, you can go to the Apple site and there's one free song a week, sometimes more, to download legally.

Roxyluvsme13
01-18-2006, 08:45 PM
I use Limewire....http://limewire.com but its probably not the best...

Flatcoatluver
01-18-2006, 08:47 PM
well since I got my new computer I have been wanting to burn a c.d

Roxyluvsme13
01-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Oh! I can do that! :D Its neat.

luvofallhorses
01-18-2006, 08:52 PM
well since I got my new computer I have been wanting to burn a c.d

I would download limewire then. :) I think that's what my brother downloaded to burn a cd on here.

Lady's Human
01-18-2006, 09:04 PM
For a number of reasons, I would stay away from the P2P sites. They just open up too many vulnerabilities in your computer.

The free weekly song at apple.com is a good bet, There are probably other out there as well. P2P is fine when everyone involved is an angel, but this is real life, not utopia.

Roxyluvsme13
01-18-2006, 09:05 PM
With Limewire, you can have all kinds of stuff...so I run frequent VIRUS and Malware Scans...

Jessika
01-18-2006, 09:27 PM
With Limewire, you can have all kinds of stuff...so I run frequent VIRUS and Malware Scans...

Of the p2p programs, Limewire is definitely the safest as far as downloading viruses and such go. When I used KaZaA I had SO MANY spyware programs and viruses, since switching to Limewire nearly a year ago I have none.

Just only open LimeWire to download songs, then close it when you're done. :)

Also running virus and spyware scanning programs once a week is mandatory whether you use p2p programs or not :)

Flatcoatluver
01-18-2006, 09:54 PM
thanks for everyone's help! i downloaded and burned my c.d's!!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-19-2006, 09:25 AM
I don't do downmoads, but I yhink I heard my kids mention "KAZAA Light"

Jessika
01-19-2006, 04:11 PM
I don't do downmoads, but I yhink I heard my kids mention "KAZAA Light"

I don't recommend Kazaa or Kazaa Lite. That's how I got a lot of viruses and stuff. Since switching to Limewire I haven't had any, since Limewire will actually STOP the download if a file is corrupted :)

Roxyluvsme13
01-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Of the p2p programs, Limewire is definitely the safest as far as downloading viruses and such go. When I used KaZaA I had SO MANY spyware programs and viruses, since switching to Limewire nearly a year ago I have none.

Just only open LimeWire to download songs, then close it when you're done. :)

Also running virus and spyware scanning programs once a week is mandatory whether you use p2p programs or not :)
Yeah, I do alot of them just in case though, because my other computer died from a Virus :rolleyes:

MariaM
01-19-2006, 09:03 PM
We used to have Kazaa Lite and it was fine. Stopped working though, so I went to Ares Lite - also good. That stopped working after our internet was down for months though, and now have Limewire.

todd
01-19-2006, 09:15 PM
I Use Lim

Vette
01-20-2006, 05:27 AM
My computer has issues with instaling java.. or id use LimeWire.
ive been Yahoo and Googeling for a couple of songs.

"Send me an Angel" by Real Life. and another song "Always" by Erasure.
but there impossible for me to get thanks to my retarded java plugin. :(

Jessika
01-20-2006, 01:13 PM
My computer has issues with instaling java.. or id use LimeWire.
ive been Yahoo and Googeling for a couple of songs.

"Send me an Angel" by Real Life. and another song "Always" by Erasure.
but there impossible for me to get thanks to my retarded java plugin. :(

"Send me An Angel".. I have like three different versions of it downloaded now by different bands, my favorite being by Zeromancer. Another one is by Thrice but I don't like it NEAR as much as the Zeromancer cover :)