PDA

View Full Version : Found a good home for a beagle/basset hound now I just need to find one

ilovehounds
04-10-2002, 08:36 PM
If anyone knows of a beagle/basset hound in Michigan City, Ind. needing rescued PLEASE let me know. I have someone who lost (passed away) their rescued beagle/basset hound and are now looking for another one to rescue.

Thanks
Angie

Dixieland Dancer
04-11-2002, 11:08 AM
I'm not from that area, but if I hear of anything in my area, I will let you know.

jennifert
04-11-2002, 11:23 AM
Angie, I looked on Petfinder and I found this one in PA:

Buddy
Dog
Beagle,Basset Hound Mix

Size: Small
Sex: Male
I.D:

Notes: Buddy is an 11 year old beagle with bassett legs and is a very sweet gentle guy. He has been neutered, teeth cleaned, heartworm tested neg, and up to date on vaccines. He is housebroken, loves and needs to be around people and thrives on car rides. He is a very happy dog and is OK around kids and most dogs, unknown if good around cats. Fill a hole in your heart with this older guy. Adoption fee required. If interested contact Denise @ (717) 469-7325 or at [email protected].

This pet is: up to date with routine shots, already house trained, altered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pet is eligible for a gift of the first two months of ShelterCare pet insurance paid for by Petfinder.com [Click] E-mail this pet to a friend!

http://kobie.petfinder.org/PA133.710025.jpg

tatsxxx11
04-11-2002, 01:50 PM
What a doll! He deserves the best home! Good luck to you Angie, and you Buddy Beagle Boy!:) If I hear anything, I'll let you know Angie. Unfortunately, I'm quiet a ways from there. But maybe I'll come across someone on the internet. Sandra

mugsy
04-11-2002, 09:15 PM
Well gee Angie, you liked all those hounds at Pet Refuge and Michigan City is only a hop skip and a jump away from South Bend, do you think they would like any of those?? Good luck and I also recommend Petfinder.

ilovehounds
04-12-2002, 08:35 PM
Oh my gosh Mugsy, Im such a doof ...lol.. I never thought. Thank you so much for smartening me up. Are there pills to cure being dumb ? :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for the Buddy info I'll send it along.

mugsy
04-13-2002, 07:25 AM
Now, why would you think you were a doof...how well acquainted are you with Hoosier geography? lol You will keep us updated on your friends' search won't you? Wish them luck for me.

mugsy
04-13-2002, 08:39 AM
Hey Angie, what about this guy?? Wooster is about 3.5 hours from Fort Wayne and add about 2 hours from Michigan City (although, if they take the toll road I don't think it would be 6 hours). I picture didn't take, but he is really cute and looks soooo scared.

Harold
Dog
Basset Hound,Beagle Mix

Size: Small
Sex: Male
I.D:

Notes: Hi! I am a male Bassett Mix who is about 8 and weighs about 20 lbs. I am so so sweet and praying that I have a guardian angel to rescue me into my forever new home! I adore everyone I meet, and I am wonderful with other dogs. I even appear to be housebroken. I have been vaccinated, wormed, and tested negative for heartworm. If you are a loving home with a huge heart and lots of blankets to curl up on, than I am the dog for you. I just pray for a home to call my own since I have had such a rough life. I desperately need your love. If you are interested in finding out more about me, please contact the shelter as soon as possible. You may reach someone at any time through email or call during business hours. "You can't change the world by rescuing one dog, but you can change the world for that one dog!"

This pet is: up to date with routine shots

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pet is eligible for a gift of the first two months of ShelterCare pet insurance paid for by Petfinder.com [Click] E-mail this pet to a friend!

Wayne County Humane Society
Wooster, OH
330-262-0152
[email protected] or www.wchs.org

Previous Return to Index Next

ilovehounds
04-13-2002, 04:33 PM
Thanks Mugsy I'll pass him on.

She is interested in Danni from Petrefuge but he is looking for a younger dog. She said she'll suck up to him and see if he'll change his mind.

ilovehounds
04-13-2002, 04:46 PM
Now, why would you think you were a doof...how well acquainted are you with Hoosier geography?
True, Im a biology nut. I was never good at geography ;)

I just got a reply from them as I was sending Harolds (love that name) infor over

He said Danni would be perfect but he wants one that is 1-2 years old. 4 years isn't that far off ...lol.. she's going to keep working on him. I'll work on him to :D

mugsy
04-14-2002, 11:51 AM
Work really hard...guilt him into it. Tell him how lonely the poor poochies are etc. My favorite saying is....Guilt; the gift that keeps on giving!! lol You will let us know what they decide won't you? If they get Danni, I hope they tell them that they found out about the rescue on here...that would be too fun. I will keep my fingers crossed that she convinces him.

mugsy
04-17-2002, 09:58 PM
Any updates on the decision making process??? I'm waiting, rather impatiently, to find out what dog your friends decided on.

shais_mom
04-18-2002, 01:49 AM
i don't know of one but there is the most adorable one as dotd!!

ilovehounds
04-18-2002, 01:50 PM
I have been away for a couple of days and thought for sure that when I checked my email she would have wrote saying she talked him into getting Danni but :( nope, no emails, Im going to email them again today.

mugsy
04-18-2002, 02:34 PM
Hey Angie, if Danni doesn't work, they just got another Beagle in named Abby who is only 2 1/2 years old. What do you think??

ilovehounds
04-19-2002, 01:41 PM
Oh that sounds great, young so he can't use that as an excuse ...lol..

Is she on the site yet ??

mugsy
04-19-2002, 06:31 PM
Yes she is...that's how I saw her. She looks just like our Billy except with 2 eyes! lol Her name is Abby and she's like the 4th or 5th dog down. She is just too darn cute.

ilovehounds
04-21-2002, 08:03 PM
Awww she is sooo cute. I also sent them Shelby she is to adorable. Lets hope that they pick one. She is more then ready to get another dog but I think he is still misses the other dog and is not ready to get another ????????

mugsy
04-21-2002, 08:34 PM
Have you heard from them yet?? They certainly do have a plethera of cute dogs don't they?

ilovehounds
04-22-2002, 09:46 AM
Not yet but I'll keep buggin'

mugsy
04-22-2002, 11:25 AM
Good for you. They should at least let you know what they decide.

ilovehounds
04-25-2002, 02:29 PM
I know you'd think they would, I have been sending them dogs like crazy and I haven't heard from them since Danni. I thought for sure they would jump at the chance to meet Shelby ????????

mugsy
04-25-2002, 06:50 PM
Ok, I'll try again....I would have thought they would have emailed you by now. I hope something didn't happen. Danni is still on the website with no adoption pending.

Cincy'sMom
06-05-2002, 09:26 PM
I was just browsing planned pethood and found this Founder. Don't know if anyone is still looking for this mix or not.

An adorable 7 month old, 18 pound Beagle/Bassett mix. Founder was rescued by the roadside a few months ago. The family that rescued him, cannot keep him and must find a home for him. Founder is great with other dogs and children we are told. He has not been exposed to cats but he has such a good nature and is so young that he can adapt easily. Founder has begun house training but has not yet gotten the hand of it. With some positive reinforcement, he will get the hang of it in no time at all. He is a young Beagle and is in the chewing stage so plenty of bones and chew toys will be necessary as with any puppy. A fenced in yard is absolutely required with this adoption. Foster-PPI-2 on 6/9

http://www.plannedpethood.org/Take_home/Pets/Founder.JPG

delidog
06-06-2002, 05:49 AM
oh isn't founder gorgeous!!!!!
where is he?????
what a great beagle pup for some lucky family????!!!!!!!!;)

Cincy'sMom
06-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Founder is on NW Ohio, at a no kill shelter (well, he is in a foster home through a no kill shelter)

mel55smiles
06-07-2002, 07:55 PM

Honey
Dog
Beagle,Basset Hound Mix

Size: Medium
Sex: Female
I.D:

Notes: An inquisitive little pup, Honey has the eyes of a genius. She loves playing with other pups and cuddling in your lap.

This pet is eligible for a gift of the first two months of ShelterCare pet insurance paid for by Petfinder.com [Click]

mel55smiles
06-07-2002, 07:57 PM
i fouind honey on petfinder. too bad shes in miss.