PDA

View Full Version : About my hubby's job.........

carole
01-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Most of you will know just before Xmas my hubby was laid off from his job, as a new firm had bought it and no longer required him after being there eight years, however the next day he was re-instated due to the fact he pointed out a few important things to them and his workmates stuck up for him.

Well to cut a long story short, he applied for this Job with a large firm that was perfect for him, challenging, more money, better hours, medical plan etc etc, he was a contender for it, there were only two guys they were interested in,he was one of them, unfortunately he was not chosen, but guess what the guy did not work out and is leaving in two weeks, (obviously they chose the wrong guy idiots) time, so they rang hubby up today to see if he is still interested, which of course he is,as luck would have it they are still going to re-advertise the job and he may need another interview, but he is in with a better chance than most.(It really all depends if someone out there with more experience or more suitable,age wise etc comes along) HOPING NOT!!!!!

So please can you all send your most positive vibes, and prayers that this time he gets the job, and we are not going to be let down yet again, trying not to get my hopes up too much, but i am excited and can only hope for the best, I am a great believer in good Karma and what goes around comes around, so here's hoping, will keep you posted if anything eventuates.

Corinna
01-18-2006, 07:25 PM
sending all good vibes

G535
01-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Fingers and claws crossed here again, hope he gets it this time! :)

Edwina's Secretary
01-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Carole.... It might be a good idea if your husband sends an email to the prospective employer....why he is the best candidate for the position.

It makes a really good impression on employers!

Logan
01-19-2006, 01:22 PM
We'll keep our fingers crossed, Carole. I hope everything will work out for the best for your husband (and you)! :)

carole
01-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Edwinas Secretary that is exactly what he did just after the telephone conversation stating he was very keen to take the job and could start immediately more or less, they asked him how much notice etc, so he checked it out and also why he felt he was an asset to the company, so glad you agree it was a good idea to do that.

Have to think positive and hope we are not in for a huge disappointment again, waiting on tender hooks, and hoping for the best outcome, this company even gives their employees a share of the profits if they are doing well, guess like a bonus, nothing like that where he is now,the benefits at this job are just awesome in comparison, so it would really be a great and much needed break for us all. :)

AbbyMom
01-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Positive thoughts and good vibes on the way!

kuhio98
01-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Carole ~ We're keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers. Don't worry. It will all work out the way it was meant to be.

K9karen
01-20-2006, 12:57 AM
My John is going through the same thing now, job hunting, interviews etc. I know how you feel..pins and needles. Lots of prayers heading your way that things work out the way you deserve.

catnapper
01-20-2006, 08:40 AM
BIG hopes here for you!!!! Sending lots of good luck vibes!

gini
01-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Carole, I sure hope that he gets this job - it would be such a perfect gift for you in this new year.

carole
01-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks everyone, yes we are really hoping this time he is the one, i saw the advertisement in the paper this saturday, a pity really that they just did not offer him the job as he was the only other contender for it the first time, i guess they are waiting to see who applies this time and what is available, still if they had chosen him first up, they would not have to bother with all this stuff, lets us hope we are not heading for more disappointment, but i am like most of you, believing if it is meant to be it will be, if not, well there will be a good reason, right. :)