PDA

View Full Version : POLL//What is your favorite animal cops?

buttercup132
01-18-2006, 02:54 PM
I like Detroit best but I also love Houston , Hate Miami due to the way they treat they're animals. My favorite person is Debbie MacDonald from Detroit she's the best :D

.sarah
01-18-2006, 02:58 PM
I think I'd have to go with Detroit or Houston as well. I like Debbie McDonald and the black dudes from the Detroit show (don't remember their names but they're cool :cool: ) and I like that guy with the mustache from the Houston show (can't remember his name either :p)

I haven't noticed any thing wrong with Miami ...? :confused:

Miss Z
01-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Well, i don't really watch any of them regularly, unless i'm watching animal planet, which is on the rare occasion when my brother isn't hogging the TV:rolleyes: but i've seen the houston one, and it shocked me. Some of the conditions of some animals were appalling. But it's a good programme and i see why people like it:)

caseysmom
01-18-2006, 03:09 PM
I am not sure which one it is but there is a hunky guy on one of them...more my age I think it may be new york or something.

buttercup132
01-18-2006, 03:12 PM
.sara we think alike. You mean the guy who's kind of big and has glasses I think his name is Romose? I like him too and the black guy with glasses :D

dukedogsmom
01-18-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't have one. Can't get myself to even watch those shows. The previews even make me want to cry. I hear enough of that bad stuff at work. Like the other day, this guy was throwing his Terrier on the concrete, trying to potty train it. A lady witnessed this. Just makes me sick.

*LabLoverKEB*
01-18-2006, 03:16 PM
I like them all. :)

k9krazee
01-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Animal Precinct (in NY) is my all time favorite...but I voted Detroit...cause its close to home ;) Well, sorta. I can't stand watching the Miami one much anymore becasue every other comment is derogatory towards pits and, frankly, I can't stand it...I've never seen them "misreat" the animals though.

caseysmom
01-18-2006, 03:18 PM
I don't really like to watch anymore either but I did find my hunk...he is
Adam Gankiewicz on animal precinct...

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=media_ap_agents

sammy101
01-18-2006, 03:43 PM
New York,Houston and Detroit. Its very heartbreaking to see this stuff happens in the city i live in(Houston). I dont really like Miami though.

ramanth
01-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Detroit, but I'm biased, seeing as I live in MI. :)

I'd say the order goes:
Detroit
Animal Precinct (New York)
Houston
San Francisco
Phoenix
Miami

:)

luvofallhorses
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
I have to say I like Animal Precint (sp?) the best because Annemarie Lucas is such a good role model...they all are, actually. and Pheonix, because it's amazing and great that they do everything on the spot. :)

.sarah
01-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Ahh yeah I like AnneMarie Lucas!

And ... I haven't noticed anything wrong with Pit Bulls on Miami, but I don't watch that one as much. It seems the Houston one is played the most. I usually notice all of the alligator calls on the Miami one.

CathyBogart
01-18-2006, 04:09 PM
I don't have a TV, so I can't really choose, but I like Animal Cops. :)

moosmom
01-18-2006, 04:13 PM
I voted for Detroit. I lived in Michigan for 3 years and am good friends with Debbie McDonald, one of the investigators on the show. ;) I called her when I got into CT and whined about how I left the autographed picture of the whole group on the side of the fridge in Michigan. 4 days later guess what arrived in the mail? Another picture signed by everyone, saying Michigan just isn't the same with me!!

I really like Anne Marie Lucas in NYC too. She's petite, tough and doesn't take crap from anyone.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-18-2006, 04:13 PM
I like these 2 the best:

- Animal Precinct (NY)
- Detroit

Alysser
01-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah, he is REALLY good with the animals! I like all them except Miami. Miami is prejudice towards pits and they put alligators to sleep. :(

Suki Wingy
01-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Animal Precinct New York, they don't give up on dogs very easily and pits are treated with the same respect as any other breed there.
Cain the Cane Corso mix's story sticks in my mind, after months of rehabilitation he was still really food agressive and they were all crying because they really didn't want to have him PTS, but then the one agent who rescued him took him home, started feeding him dry food, and he was a wonderful family dog!
I also like Houston, that is what I voted for. I don't watch Detroit or Miami.
Detroit can't adopt out any dog suspected of being owned by a fighter and kids under 16 can't walk pitties :(
I saw Miami twice and I saw a man argue with the person IN CHARGE of regulating pit bulls that his Registered American Bulldogs were NOT pits and that he would rather give up his house and move than have his dogs PTS and the man in charge STILL fined him! I think he boarded them somewhere in the next county and said he wass looking for a new place, GOOD FOR HIM!
I also saw an officer go out and try and catch a scared momma pittie and puppy with a catch pole and calmly explain to NATIONAL TV that all pit bulls have locking jaws and that they all have something in their brain that goes off and they just snap and attack :mad: :( :(
I havn't seen Phoenix yet.

buttercup132
01-18-2006, 05:36 PM
I voted for Detroit. I lived in Michigan for 3 years and am good friends with Debbie McDonald, one of the investigators on the show. I called her when I got into CT and whined about how I left the autographed picture of the whole group on the side of the fridge in Michigan. 4 days later guess what arrived in the mail? Another picture signed by everyone, saying Michigan just isn't the same with me!!
OMG you lucky duck! I wish I could meet her. I love how she deals with things and is very calm with the people and animals. Maybe I will go to Michigan one day and meet her :D Isn't Michangan in Quebec? or am I totally off?

.sarah
01-18-2006, 05:38 PM
OMG you lucky duck! I wish I could meet her. I love how she deals with things and is very calm with the people and animals. Maybe I will go to Michigan one day and meet her :D Isn't Michangan in Quebec? or am I totally off?
LOL Michigan is in the US.

buttercup132
01-18-2006, 05:43 PM
opps :rolleyes: :p I knew that.... :D it's what i ment to say :rolleyes:

ramanth
01-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Sometimes it feels like MI is part of Canada with as much Canadian change I have in my purse. *laughs* :D

Did anyone else see the cat that fell into a cactus garden on AC: Phoenix? It broke my heart but I'm so glad they were able to save the cat.

king2005
01-19-2006, 11:07 AM
I like Detroit & Huston aswell, but HATE Miami!! I saw an ep. where a stray (could have been a pet), was hit by a car & broke its leg. They put the dog down right there! They didn't try to find its owner at all, & they didn't take it to the shelter!

I understand if the dog is ALL over the road & the best option is to be PTS, well then I might understand, but a busted leg, grrrrr

king2005
01-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Sometimes it feels like MI is part of Canada with as much Canadian change I have in my purse. *laughs* :D

Did anyone else see the cat that fell into a cactus garden on AC: Phoenix? It broke my heart but I'm so glad they were able to save the cat.

I missed that one, but I remember VERY WELL when Robs BIG Cacti fellonto the bed while Rob slept! Guess who had to remove HUNDREDS & HUNDREDS of those little suckers out of his back, arms, chest, head, ummm down below areas & legs?! Then I was attacked by that darn plant & got them on my hands, heheh... Stupid Prickly Pare Cacti.

Felix
01-19-2006, 06:58 PM
I dont have any channels that offer these shows.If I subscribe to Animal Planet will i get all shows on this station?If not whats the name of the other stations that provide this?Anyone have pet network?wondering what that channel is like.I am thinking of getting digital cable just for these 2 channels.

king2005
01-19-2006, 07:39 PM
I dont have any channels that offer these shows.If I subscribe to Animal Planet will i get all shows on this station?If not whats the name of the other stations that provide this?Anyone have pet network?wondering what that channel is like.I am thinking of getting digital cable just for these 2 channels.

As far as I know Animal Planet does them all.. I don't watch AP much anymore, Rob works from home & he wont let me watch it when hes around.. so ya.

.sarah
01-19-2006, 08:06 PM
I think Animal Planet is the only station that broadcasts them.

Roxyluvsme13
01-19-2006, 08:26 PM
I love them all, except Miami, but the NY one is my fave. I LOVE Annemarie Lucas! She totally rocks

K9karen
01-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Donna, I'm so jealous! Those "guys" are my heroes! Tender but tough as nails. Remember the cat house? Took them days with gas masks on. Debbie looked like she was going to faint. How can they sleep at night? Gold Bless them! Please tell her she has a huge fan in Glenside. I also love AnnaMarie Lucas..I believe she started out as a volunteer. Her looks are deceptive..she's one tough cookie!

Felix
01-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I think Animal Planet is the only station that broadcasts them.
Thanks I'll have to get me that channel ;)

Denyce
01-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Annemarie is as close to hero worship for me as I would ever get. I love that woman...go girl.

I have been watching the Phoenix one and I am very impressed with the people and the way they have EAMT's. How important to be able to give fluids immediatly. In an area as hot and dry as Phoenix is that could be the difference between life and death.

I saw the cat in the cactus. It broke my heart it's cries from the pain and fear. It was amazing how quickly it looked like a totally different cat.

Sequoia can't stop staring at the TV while the Phoenix one is on. She walks right up to it cocking her head and looking all around for the crying kittens.