PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure they didn't MEAN to drown the mousie...

momoffuzzyfaces
01-18-2006, 02:50 PM
For days the boys have been telling me there was a mousie in the bathroom. I tried to convience them there wasn't.

This morning I heard a commotion in the kitchen. When I got to the kitchen I found a tiny, very wet, and very expired mousie lying by the cats' water dish. Leonardo was patting it. Trying to revive it, I'm sure.

I think it went like this: Chester managed to grab the mousie, then thinking it had to be thirsty after all that time in the bathroom, brought it to the water bowl for a drink!

Once there, he may have decided the mousie wanted to cool off and put him in the bowl. Then deciding it was through with its swim, pulled it out where Leonardo found it and was trying to give it cpr! Alas, poor mousie was not a good swimmer! :eek:

Laura's Babies
01-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Mines mousies find their way into the water bowl too, every now and then but none of mine would DARE get their paw wet to save it! YIKES!!! :eek:

catnapper
01-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Oh no! I am certain they had the best intentions for the mousie.

RIP little mousie. Have fun with all your friends who have gone before you at the RB

orangemm
01-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Maybe Mousie needed a quick bath? :confused: :D

(I find all kinds of things in the water dish, too!)

Donnaj4962
01-18-2006, 03:04 PM
How wonderful that you took the time to teach your kitties cpr!

I know that their intentions were the best. The cpr just doesn't work every time! :rolleyes:

Poor little mousie.... RIP little one.

Edwina's Secretary
01-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Eddie can understand how this could happen. Once he ran to greet a chipmunk and it had a fatal heart attack.

Eddie felt so sorry.....

catmandu
01-18-2006, 04:44 PM
All The Pet Angel took that Little Mouse to The Rainbow Bridge,where He can play with all the Mice up there,and have Mousy Fun,For All time.

kimlovescats
01-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Oh dear .... please tell your dear Chester not to feel too badly .... we have had a few mousie fatalities around here too. RIP little mousie! ;)

Vermontcat
01-18-2006, 05:33 PM
I think they were just trying to save you from having your house burned down. ;)
They must have heard that story about the mouse setting a house on fire so they wanted to be sure that their mouse was not going to do the same thing to your house! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
01-19-2006, 12:04 PM
At least he's probably the cleanest mousie at the Rainbow Bridge!

momcat
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Your kitties were just trying to be gracious hosts to their visitor by playing with him and showing mousie to his own private swimming pool. Too bad that little mousie forgot to tell his hosts that he didn't know how to swim. RIP little mousie.....