PDA

View Full Version : Luna's blood test results

Kirsten
01-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Well, this afternoon I called my vet for the results of Luna's blood work. I was a nervous wreck all day and was a complete mess at that point.

The good news is that her kidneys and also her liver are fine. No increased levels here.

But her blood count is not okay. Her lymphocytes are a bit increased, also the eosinophyles, and her leucocytes are slightly decreased. This could mean that there's a tumor, but my vet doesn't think it's that; she said if that was the case, other things would be wrong in her blood, too, and the rest was fine. She's pretty sure that it's all the bladder infections lately that show up in her blood.

She said that Luna is looking good and healthy and doesn't give the impression of a sick cat (apart from her bladder problems), and she thinks we shouldn't put Luna through more stressful tests at this point, as the last one was a real ordeal for her.

Well, I try to calm down with this information, but I'm still a bit worried. Also, I've been a nervous wreck all day at work, and time went by so slowly (before I could make that call), and I still feel very nervous. I better go to bed now and try to get some rest...

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
01-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Well Kristen, that sounds like good news to me and I will breathe a lot easier for Luna now. Yes, we wouldn't be good cat mommies if we didn't continue to worry until we SEE they really are alright.

catnapper
01-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh Kirstin! How strange! I would be inclined to listen to the vet's confidence that she's not a sick cat, merely one who's recovering rom a bad infection. I'll pray for you and Luna tonight.

orangemm
01-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Kirsten, I'm so glad the news was good; listen to your vet, it's probably all the infections she's had recently.

I'm sure Luna would display other symptoms if there was something seriously wrong.

Try not to worry (I know, it's hard for us cat meowmies) and do get some rest.

I'll pray for her anyway...........

Kirsten
01-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Thank you! I really wouldn't know what to do without (((you all)))!

Kirsten

catlover4ever
01-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Kirsten (((hugs))) trr not to worry. Listen to your vet but monitor her as well (I know you do already). Try to get some rest.

Barbara
01-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Kirsten I am sure the vet would not have the intention to save you money if he/she really thought there was a problem worth investigating.

So calm down: Luna is basically healthy. Maybe time to comsult a cat psychiatrist ;)

catmandu
01-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Prayers and Pet Angel Visitors are are On The Agenda,for You and Luna,with the Angels bringing Some Butter Chicken from The Buffet for you both.
And Prayers are coming that Luna will make a complete recovery.

kimlovescats
01-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Kirsten, it sounds like your vet is very comfortable with the test results, so try to find some comfort in that yourself! I KNOW it's easier said than done, because we mommies love our babies SOOOOOOOOOO much! I hope you have a peaceful night's sleep!

(((hugs)))
Kim

Craftlady
01-18-2006, 05:49 PM
I dont understand all the in's/out's of blood tests, so I cant comment about the actual results. It sure sounds like your vet has a good handle on things. I would take the advise of your vet and continue to monitor and relax. It sure appears that all this is result of the nasty infection once that is gone things should be normal. I would wait a couple months and maybe do the blood test again to have a comparison.

sirrahved
01-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Prayers for the pretty Luna Girl, and hugs for Kirsten!

momcat
01-18-2006, 07:22 PM
While waiting to hear from your vet, the minutes seemed like hours and the hours might just as well have been years. You want to know the results but at the same time you don't want to know if the news isn't good. That really does a number on your stress level. Now you know that nothing serious showed up in the tests. Even so, it will take a little while for all that adrenaline to wear off so you can relax. Luna knows how very much you love her. You did all the right things for her. Now it's time for YOU. Get a good night's sleep, treat yourself to a special breakfast, a warm bubble bath might be nice too. Luna will be okay, she still needs you. Sending hugs for you and continued prayers for your wonderful Luna.....

Sonia59
01-19-2006, 10:36 AM
The results don't look bad at all. I am sure dear Luna will be fine with some rest after the bladder infection and the vet visits. And she certainly feels your stress as well ;)

Kirsten
01-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Thank you everyone!

Luna's story is going on here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1387690#post1387690) . It seems the poor girl will never get some rest! :( :( :(

While waiting to hear from your vet, the minutes seemed like hours and the hours might just as well have been years.

This was exactly what I was goring through yesterday. And with every passing hour, I was getting more nervous. Hopefully I didn't make too many mistakes at work! :rolleyes:

Kirsten