PDA

View Full Version : Do you think I have two more kitties?.... PIC...

carole
01-18-2006, 03:39 AM
Well it would appear Duchess and Victoria.. (the neighbours kitties I had spayed),you can see Duchess's spaying in this pic, it is healing well and stitches will be out this saturday, have decided they are quite at home at my place these days, and its no wonder, they get plenty of attention, love and cuddles and food too, here is some lovely pics of them both enjoying their new outdoor area, which by the way they have been here all day today, and the day before, Dianne their owner appears to be away housesitting(her job) she works for mental health, a responsible enough job, but pity she is not more responsible with the kitties , have not seen her for three days so far, still the girls are as happy as can be and even my two are kinda accepting them to a degree, Ash just sits at the end of the section and stares, Lexie is a little more annoyed at their presence, spits and growls from all three girls and Lexie did go for Vicky at one stage, but after all they were not friends in the beginning, but hopefully there won't be too many bad spats, I love having them here,and I am becoming far too attached, I love them both as if they were my own, but sadly they are not, and a time will come when she moves on and takes them away, and that will be a very bad day for me indeed, as i know they will be back to being hungry and starved for love.

On the good side when i went over to see if the owner was home, I noticed she had left a large ice cream container full of water and a large bowl of biscuits, still lots of other strays will get the food as well, but at the moment the girls are getting plenty and are well satisfied.,so one can only hope some of what i am saying is getting through.

So what do you think, have the girls adopted me??? :D Enjoy, mother and daughter, Duchess mama and Vicky her daughter. :)

ramanth
01-18-2006, 08:58 AM
They have so definitely adopted you! They are so cute. How sweet of you to spay them.

kuhio98
01-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Carole ~ No doubt about it. You have been chosen! Cats are very intelligent. They can sense the goodness in people. Yep, you've been adopted!

I wonder if cats have a message board where they post their "GOTCHA" stories? :D These 2 have definitely GOTCHA. :D

catnapper
01-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Hmmmm... I'd suggest that we ask them who they belong to, but I think the answer is obvious!

Felix
01-18-2006, 09:59 AM
They are so cute.Id say they have adopted YOU :D

finn's mom
01-18-2006, 10:50 AM
They're beautiful...you do such a good thing, helping those poor souls out.

Van10
01-18-2006, 11:39 AM
They are both so adorable! :D :) :D

Laura's Babies
01-18-2006, 11:45 AM
I doubt they will go back home and stay anymore, to them, they are HOME!!

Neighbors! Why do the uneducated cat owners always live next to us cat lovers?...... so WE can educate them... but getting them to listen is another story. :mad:

AbbyMom
01-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Looks like they've moved in to me ;)

carole
01-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Yep and they are still here this morning, they slept all night there and were awaiting a feed this morning, if Dianne is still here in the winter i am going to build some kinda of shelter in the open shed for them to stay warm,yes well cannot see Dianne is home yet,is it any wonder they prefer my home, she hardly interacts with them at all, and they are so loving, they just adore being petted and cuddled, Vicky is a bit skittish, but she still loves her cuddles all the same, she will still run away sometimes when you come near her.

My friend donates food to me as well, so that helps with the food bills, I have managed to deflea Vicky again with some leftover treatment from the kittens,i will talk to Dianne about doing Duchess, I do now know why it was not meant to be that i adopted one of Duchess's kittens, so that i can help them both out for as long as it takes.

Sadly I know they are not mine to keep and eventually she will move on and take them away, but for now i am going to enjoy every single minute of it, they were so cute last night, i covered them up with the blanket and made them all cosy, just their little heads popping out, and they stayed like that , well for a while at least, they looked so sweet.

These girls trust me so much now, and I love them both. :)

And Lisa doesn't it make you feel good too knowing what a big hand you had in all of this, and these precious kiwi girls will be better off now, thanks to your huge contribution.

luvofallhorses
01-18-2006, 02:27 PM
They sure have! :) They are absolutely beautiful, I love their eyes! :)

gini
01-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Carole, this is exactly what happened to me with Miss Annie and Miss Emma.

They will be four years old on March 26th and they are currently all snuggled up to Rascal on my bed!!! :D :D

I wouldn't build them a pen on the "outside" - I would build them a pen on the "inside"..............you won't regret it.

They are just adorable and thank you for having them spayed!

carole
01-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Gini i think i shall refer to them as my part -time kitties lol, it is raining here today, so they have gone back home now, they have a verandah with a bit more shelter, but i am sure they will be back again and soon, it is good that they still go back home really, even though i would dearly love them to become my kitties, i really cannot afford that luxury, i can still do the best I can for them both, so in the meantime they have a good life. :)

Edwina's Secretary
01-18-2006, 07:21 PM
What beauties they are with those soulful eyes that always get to me....

QueenScoopalot
01-18-2006, 08:17 PM
I agree they have adopted you Carole! ;) Don't count on their irresposible owner taking them away...if she didn't bother with them before, why would she in the future? :confused: I'm glad they're content and being well fed. What are Winters like in your little corner of the world? :confused:

Killearn Kitties
01-19-2006, 05:12 AM
they were so cute last night, i covered them up with the blanket and made them all cosy, just their little heads popping out, and they stayed like that , well for a while at least, they looked so sweet.
Well, where are the pictures??!!! Or are you saving them for the Undercover Sleeping event? ;)
Beautiful, beautiful cats. It's good to know they can go to you for some help.

Anita Cholaine
01-19-2006, 08:16 AM
They definitely adopted you!! :D How could you resist those beautiful eyes??? And you did a great thing spaying them...

carole
01-19-2006, 02:10 PM
QSA it is difficult to explain but Dianne does actually like these two cats and takes ownership and some responsibility for them (she will not leave them behind if she leaves that i am sure of, as she already shifted from another town and took them here,),just not enough IMO,she thinks it is ok to be away and leave some food outside and leave them to it,sometimes i wonder if she even leaves them food, both girls are still here, infact last night they got brave and ventured to my door and popped inside for sniff,but i did find my allergy was playing up seriously last night, had to pop a pill to alleviate the symptons, i guess four kitties is just a tad too much for me.

QSA our winters are cold enough, but mild in comparison to other countries, we do not get snow where i live,don't worry if they are still in living here i intend to make an outside shelter for them, they have survived all these years without any before, but i don't want them to be doing that while i am around, i fully intend to make their lives more comfortable,to the best of my ability.

I won't be keeping the two girls, they have a home of sorts and she would not give them up, i already asked her that in a round about sort of way, her son was asking me to take all the cats not just the kittens, so I said Dianne is this right, she said no way , i have had Duchess for over six years, i honestly could not afford two more cats, i wanted one of Duchess's kittens but had to do the right thing and let her go to the shelter as i know she will get a home,sensibility has to set in,as i figure my responsibilitys are to my own two kitties, but i can help the girls out as much as my finances will permit me to.

I will just continue as i am for now and hopefully educate Dianne on becoming a better pet owner,TOUGH JOB, but worth every bit of my effort, if some of it gets through, i have achieved something, getting the girls spayed was my top priority and now that is done they will have better lives.