PDA

View Full Version : Pet Insurance

fosteraussie
04-10-2002, 11:08 AM
Hi all,

I am interested in getting pet insurance for my dog and possibly my cat. There are two options that I think I can follow: (1) get an insurance that covers emergencies and yearly vet visits/medicines and if the previous is far more costly than simply paying for the vet, I would get (2) emergency coverage only.

What is a good, but less expensive, pet insurance? For those who have pet insurance, can you tell me what decided which company/policy you went with?

Thanks.

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-10-2002, 11:35 AM
WELCOME TO PETTALK!

After Drake's incident with the next door neighbor's GSD, Andrew and I got pet insurance for Draker. It has been very helpful. The priumiums are inexpensive (range from $10.00-$30.00 depending on the coverage you choose). We use Veterinary Pet Insurance. Go to Veterinary Pet Insurance (http://petinsurance.com) .

You can go to any Vet. You pay the cost and send in your receipts and they reimburse you. I am getting ready to file the charges that Ihad to pay for Drake on Monday Morning ($500.00 OUCH!)

delidog
04-10-2002, 10:18 PM
i am not sure where you live in the u.s., but....Pet Smart offers a great comprehensive medical plan....i am guessing that is the reason for your insurance.....unless Mr. Foster is a southebys puppy!!!!!!;) ....sounds like Drakes' mom has a great company also...good luck!!!

Dixieland Dancer
04-11-2002, 10:17 AM
The one Souraya recommended is one of the best in the country. You can go to any vet. You are not limited in any way. I don't believe they discriminate on age. They just charge more for older dogs and probably cats too!