PDA

View Full Version : Rainbows B-day

Alysser
01-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Today, would have been Rainbows 9th birthday. Today, was the day I got my little beauty. So, we just called that his birthday. He was a Wal-mart rescue betta fish. Our Wal-marts fish have horrible conditions. Dirty water. Food 2 times a week. Small cups. It's sick to look at.

9 years ago we walked into Wal-mart to get food and drinks for my birthday party. We came out with a fish. He was in the dirtiest cup. So we went to Petsmart and got an aquarium and a lighthouse statue. We put the Rainbow in and he adjusted right away. My parents expected him to live only 1 year. But he lived 5 more with us.

One morning, I woke up and he was not swimming. I put food in the tank and he just looked at it. It was so upsetting when he finally died that evening. I know he is only a fish but I was sad. So I cried.

Rainbow, you were my first REAL pet ever. I fed you and loved you. You taught me alot about responsibility. Now, he rests in a box in the yard. His lighthouse statue sits above him like a gravestone. Every summer when I see that I think of you. The statue is weather beaten and old but it stands the way we put it years ago.
R.I.P Rainbow.
Sorry, this was so long. Thanks for listening.

crazy_caique
01-18-2006, 10:38 AM
People just don't understand how you can love a fish so much.I do.I love my Shipwreak he was only with me for 2 weeks but I will alwas remember and think of him.His red fins and how much he loved to swim by his plants.Thanks for sharing.It wasn't and is never to long if you are talking about a loved pet.

wehee=)
01-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Rest in peace and happy birthday for little Rainbow.

And thanks for sharing with us, I bet many people in here know that a fish is a beloved pet too:) And its painful to lose one..