PDA

View Full Version : Strauss 1 year anniversary (+10 days)

catland
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Its been just over a year since our friend passed away and his kitty Strauss moved in with us.

Its been a very trying year but I think we're going to make it. Strauss has finally settled down these past couple of months and is fitting in. I don't expect that he and Sid will ever like each other - but there hasn't been a fight for quite a while.

Its kind of funny sometimes - when both of them think that they have the right to be on the living room rug. We have to set up a barrier inbetween them so that they don't have to look at each other. :rolleyes:

Strauss is such a sweetheart too - he really likes to get attention from us. It comforts us to know that our friend must have been good to him because he is so friendly. He's still not much of a lap cat yet but I might get him to come around.

So happy anniversary Strauss - its been quite the journey.

Laura's Babies
01-17-2006, 05:06 PM
He will come around as time goes by. He is probably still grieving for his former human but it sound like he is on his way to "belonging" with you furever.

Happy Gotcha Day Strauss!

catmandu
01-17-2006, 06:31 PM
That was so kind of you to take your Friends Cat in,a real testament to your friendship.
That would be the nicest thing todo,to make sure that Your Friends Companion went to a Wonderful Furr Ever Home!

kimlovescats
01-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Happy 1st Anniversary with Strauss! Thank you for taking your friend's beloved baby in, I know it's been an adjustment. ;)

icedtea
01-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Hello!! its great to ehar strauss is settling in, such a nice name.

krazyaboutkatz
01-18-2006, 01:04 AM
HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY STRAUSS!!! I'm glad to hear that he's starting to settle in better. Some cats just take a bit longer to feel comfortable. :)

orangemm
01-18-2006, 05:10 AM
Happy 1st Anniversary to Strauss and to you!

I'm sure it must have been quite an adjustment for Strauss to have a new family, plus new fursibs. Am glad to hear that things are evening out and that everyone can get along.