PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard of ....

purrley
04-10-2002, 09:55 AM
Has anyone ever heard of the Cane Corso breed of dog. They look very much like the Preso Canerio - anyone know the difference????

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-10-2002, 11:52 AM
http://www.pinnaclecanecorso.com/images/Dogs/Mica6.jpg

Cane Corso

Breed History:
The Cane Corso is a descendent of the ancient Roman war dog or "Canis Pugnax". The breed was primarily used for large game and employed as an "auxiliary warrior". They are also known as the Italian Mastifs. Historically, the Cane Corso's "job" required the dog be able to travel good distances with a minimum of effort and strain. Given that there were other dogs native to the same land that could perform various duties, the Cane Corso was the dog that was found best suited for guardian of both animal and man.

Temperament:
The breeds protective nature along with it's fluent movement allowed for it to protect the farmer and his animals from either man or wolf. They love their family and need lots of personal hands-on attention. the breed is suspicious of strangers, but wonderful with the family. This breed gets along very well with children. They are protective, yet gentle. The Cane Corso has a very stable temperament.

Dixieland Dancer
04-10-2002, 12:11 PM
I've never heard of that breed before but his picture is Absolutely AWESOME!

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-10-2002, 12:25 PM
He looks like a very strong and muscular dog. The articles I read about this breed says that this dog will be vicious only if it is trained to be. I think that goes for all dogs. If you train it to be mean, it will be mean!

jennifert
04-10-2002, 12:43 PM
There is woman at our dog park that has one of these dogs. It's pure black and her name is Lucy I think. She's a sweet dog. She's so NOT aggressive! In fact, she is almost scared of the other dogs and never ventures far from her mom. She isn't as muscular as the dog in the pic YET. But she's only a yr old...I haven't been to the dog park all winter so I'll looking forward to seeing her in the spring! I think I've heard this breed called "mastiffs that don't drool" or a "dry mastiff".