PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

wehee=)
01-17-2006, 01:20 PM
So, My neighbors are very good friends with my family and the mother of that family(8kids and so on...) has a sister living with them for a while. About 3 months ago or more, the sister bought a German Shepherd puppy and lived with our neighbors. One of the kids is afraid of dogs so guess where they keep the dog? OUTSIDE. They put the puppy out like on 6 am and got it back in 1am or so... Well, then the sister got an apartement from the next flat from my godmother. This morning my godmother called and told that the house is on fire (the sister told that the dog turned the oven on, but how... I wonder...). The dog got out safely and then they moved back to our neighbour. Now theres FREEZING out there, a snow storm and still, the poor dog is outside. I almost cry cause the dog is so sweet... So now Im wondering what should I do? Can you guys help me? I tried to call to some animal shelter but noone has answered yet... :confused:

GoldenLuv
01-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Kidnapp the dog

explain to them that that type of dog should NOT be outsid..

KIDNAP it.. :) gl

elizabethann
01-17-2006, 02:26 PM
I would be persistent with the animal shelter. Keep calling and calling and calling. That poor dog should be inside.

Good luck and keep us posted.

wehee=)
01-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Thank you both... I called again today and still no answer... Im going to try again after a while... hope they answer:) I have thought about going there and get the dog and then running away :D just kidding ;D

dab_20
01-18-2006, 08:18 AM
i have the same problem. my neighbors have a border collie... not sure if it's a visiters dog or their new one.... but it stay chained up in the front yard all day. :( while there little poodle mixes get to be nice and warm inside. how awful.

hope you get everything worked out, and help that poor dog!

wehee=)
01-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Its terrible when some people keep their dogs outside all the time... Wish there was something more to do :(

Jessika
01-18-2006, 02:47 PM
The only legal approach is to call the local shelter or ASPCA in your area. If anything, as a LAST RESORT (such as the animal is suffering from hypothermia because of the cold conditions, etc) you can call the local police and they will forward it to the proper authorities.

Does he at least have shelter outside from the cold?

wehee=)
01-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Does he at least have shelter outside from the cold?

No, theres nothing... shes tied up into a tree...

king2005
01-19-2006, 01:32 PM

That would be animal cruelty! As you cannot leave an animal outside in cold or hot conditions without, food, water & a decent shelter.

Call the police if the Animal Shelter don't answer!

Jessika
01-19-2006, 04:04 PM

That is definitely animal cruelty. If you can't get through to your local shelter, call the ASPCA or the local police!!