PDA

View Full Version : Cats and rabbits

Heather Wallace
04-10-2002, 08:46 AM
Have your cats ever meet another animal. Or do you have different types of animals? How did they get on when they first meet? Do they still hate each other or are they good companions?

Here is a pic of Tatty Bogles, he prefers humans to other animals. This is the closest he will get to the rabbits.

Former User
04-10-2002, 09:01 AM
Casper had a moment with a pigeon the other day. Casper was laying on a chair next to window, when this pigeon came to sit on the window sill outside. Casper went nuts and jumped on the window. Of course that pigeon took off. You guys should have seen Casper then! He looked so proud all day like thinking, "mommy, I chased that beast away for you" he was so cute!!! Not sure if this counts as an answer to your thread Heather, just thought to tell....:rolleyes:

Heather Wallace
04-10-2002, 09:29 AM
Yes I'm sure it does. T&M love to chase or watch birds, the biggest thrill though is watching them watching the birds LOL!

Ann
04-10-2002, 10:21 AM
This might be a little bit to common but I have a dog and a cat and they go great together. Oliver (my cat) will sometimes even approach Tina (my doggie) and lick her as he would to his own fur.

I personally belive that if you put any animals together early enough they can learn to live together and perhaps evern love eachother. Be it birds and cats or whatever else.

yumyum6970
04-10-2002, 10:29 AM
Dutchess is afraid of dogs. Not sure about Yum Yum but she was startled by a squirrel the other day. haha.

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Heather Wallace
04-10-2002, 10:46 AM
LOL! yumyum

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2002, 04:11 PM
When we took Tubby & Peanut to the vet awhile back, Tubby had a nice meeting with a dog. Peanut was in her carrier Terry was holding her and talking to her and I had Tubby on his leash. These people came in to pick up their dog and I had to wait for my bill to be calculated. So while we were waiting, they brought this puppy/dog out. I don't know how old it was, or what breed, but it was a medium size dog and was very active like it was still a bit of a puppy. Well, the dog was all over the place wagging his butt (not just his tail :D ) all over the place. I figured Tubby would freak out, but he stayed calm. I had him in my lap, and I was holding on in case he got any bright ideas about bolting, but he stayed real calm. The dog came bouncing over and poked his nose out to sniff Tubby. I held on tighter waiting for the hiss and swat, but it never came. Instead Tubby reached his nose out to sniff the dog! Both Terry and I were totally amazed! :eek: Tubby has never come in contact with a dog so I just expected the typical cat reaction, but he really surprised me. Don't know what would have happened had I not been holding on to him where he knew he was safe, probably would have been a completely different story....but then again maybe not. :D

lynnestankard
04-10-2002, 04:18 PM
Bagel actually goes to a friend's house across the road and brings baby frogs home in her mouth!! She never harms them and seems fascinated by them. She brings them into the house for me and then I return them to their pond home!!
Great fun for her and luckily no harm to the frogs.:D :D :D

Lynne

Heather Wallace
04-10-2002, 06:25 PM
Lynne, last year Max brought in a frog, hurt, and dumped it by my feet (posted a thread on this subject not long ago).

Former User
04-11-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Heather Wallace
Lynne, last year Max brought in a frog, hurt, and dumped it by my feet (posted a thread on this subject not long ago).

What did you do to that frog Heather? ;)

LoudLou
04-11-2002, 02:50 AM
Mocha Bean has a dog. Louie is HER dog. She can walk all over him (literally) while he sleeps and even cleans those Corgi Ears! Mocha even had a Guinea Piggie named Fleetwood (RB) when she was a kitten. They used to cuddle together on my bed. Oh, how I wish I had taken pictures.:( They were very cute together and Fleetwood kept Miss Mocha in line...The Princess was a Spitfire when she was a baby!

Helen
04-11-2002, 04:51 AM
I'm looking after a rabbit this week for a friend who is moving house, and Sadie is fascinated by him, but in a really good way. She loathes other cats, but as she obviously realises Beano is not a cat, she's quite relaxed and playful with him. I take him out for a walk each evening on his leash and then let him run round the garden for a while and they really seem to have a good time together. Great fun!

Heather Wallace
04-11-2002, 06:29 AM
Niina, one of the frogs max brought in we had to kill as he was hurt quite badly, I didn't want the poor thing to suffer. I didn't do it as I couldn't bring myself to do it, don't have it in me. One of the other frogs wasn't hurt much so we just put him back into another garden that has a pond.

Hele - yes my Max loves the rabbits, he finds they excitting as they run fast and he can chase them.