PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid cats waiting for reagent to arrive

kb2yjx
01-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Is there anyone else out there that has a thyroid cat that is waiting for blood work results that have been delayed because, according to our vet, the labs are out of the reagent that is needed to run the test?? Our Norton had blood drawn on 12/21/05, and we are still waiting for the results. The lab has frozen his blood and will run the test when the reagent gets in.

Cataholic
01-17-2006, 11:03 AM
I don't know anything about this. I called MY vet, here in Cincinnati, and they weren't aware of any supply issue....

smokey the elder
01-17-2006, 12:10 PM
My cat Mobius just had blood drawn for T4 last night and the vet didn't mention anything about any delay. I'll ask him today when I get the results for the senior panel I had done on her.

kb2yjx
01-17-2006, 05:32 PM
It is good to know that other parts of the country are not affected!!! Norton is on 1.25mg of Tapozole twice a day, and doing OK. I appreciate your responses and will see if I can get an update from the vet in a few days!!

kb2yjx
01-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Just spoke with the vet who does homeopathy. He said that is was the reagent used to do the "free T4." There is a freeze on the production of it. There was a possibilty that some of the reagent was bad.