PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Zoo meeting, 6/24-6/25/06

lv4dogs
01-17-2006, 08:39 AM
We have a date set so I figure we should open a new thread with that as the title, maybe it will draw more people to it!

Jess & I are planning a meet-up at the Toronto Zoo for the weekend of June 24 & 25 2006.

If you want to come a day early or stay a day late that is fine too. I will most likely stay 4 days (fri-mon) as I would like to see some other attractions, like the Falls & the like.

We want to let everyone know that EVERYONE is welcome, friends, family, it doesn't matter. If you would like you can post your own thread in a different community & ask other pet lovers if they would want to meet up as well. This would be such a great way to meet people you might not of otherwise met. Jess is asking some people from her community as I have asked others from a ferret community and I will also be posting this on my LJ.

I am thinking if we can get enough people together it would probably be wise to reserve hotel rooms. If there are enough people that will need a room maybe we can get a small group discount? Or at least share a room?

Come on folks this will be a great time!

sandragonfly
01-17-2006, 12:58 PM
come on, I know it'll be a great time! ;)

I would definitely come only if schedule allows me! I think I'll be still in school but shouldn't I? :p

I'll go and check my calendar and come back with more later. doubtfully I'll miss but count in me!
(for motel too)..

too lazy to maquest, can anyone tell me how far it is from upstate, new york? :D

lv4dogs
01-17-2006, 01:07 PM
come on, I know it'll be a great time! ;)

I would definitely come only if schedule allows me! I think I'll be still in school but shouldn't I? :p

I'll go and check my calendar and come back with more later. doubtfully I'll miss but count in me!
(for motel too)..

too lazy to maquest, can anyone tell me how far it is from upstate, new york? :D

Its about a 2.5 hour drive, maybe 3 hours from Rochester. That is to the general Toronto area, I'm not exactly sure where the zoo is located, it may be a little closer or further.

I hope your schedule allows. Will you be going to school on the weekends?

sandragonfly
01-17-2006, 01:30 PM
thanks! hmm, not too bad.

no, no classes during the weekends but finals..? :confused:

actually, also if others' schedules allow too, if I could have someone feed, love my furrangels at home. my dear crayola, is permitted to go in the ZOOs & motels (without their permission) with me but I wouldn't want to bring him in the ZOO as he could scare the other animals around him. I tell ya, animals have the best smelling sense! well, a wonder, any other of you thought bringing yours too? (not a doggie-motel?)

I hope I can find catsitters I trust.. otherwise, I'll suffer this fact - one day of fun! .. :eek: :( :o

lv4dogs
01-17-2006, 01:34 PM
thanks! hmm, not too bad.

no, no classes during the weekends but finals..? :confused:

actually, also if others' schedules allow too, if I could have someone feed, love my furrangels at home. my dear crayola, is permitted to go in the ZOOs & motels (without their permission) with me but I wouldn't want to bring him in the ZOO as he could scare the other animals around him. I tell ya, animals have the best smelling sense! well, a wonder, any other of you thought bringing yours too? (not a doggie-motel?)

I hope I can find catsitters I trust.. otherwise, I'll suffer this fact - one day of fun! .. :eek: :( :o

Oh we have already looked that up for you. The zoo offers a doggie day care that is ONLY for service dogs! They watch them for you while you visit the zoo, they will even have a special tour guide for you if you need one.

I was going to bring Kaige, but since he's not a service dog the Zoo would not watch him, and you are not allowed to leave animals unattended at the motels. So my mother will be watching my critters for me that weekend.

king2005
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Gina, I emailed the Toronto Zoo to get even more info, on where Crayola will be kept, but it is in an A/C building, they will walk, potty, water & feed the service dogs.

If you have any questions I will call the Toronto Zoo as I have free Canadian & USA phone calls (unlimited time to MUAHAHAHAAA).

king2005
01-29-2006, 09:04 AM
I picked out a FUN place to eat for a late dinner one night!

RainForest Cafe (http://www.yorkdale.com/03stor_ht/rainfo.html)

I don't want to spoil it, but lets just say, it'll be related to our trip to the zoo :)

lv4dogs
01-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Wow, looks like a great place!

Come on folks, I know it is still early but better planning early than late. I know there are a few of yous out there that are not too far away that are able to make it & want to come.

I'm thinking if we have a few people & make hotel reservations in advance we may be able to get a small group discount.
I have AAA too so maybe if we can't get a group discount I can use my AAA for discounts on all the rooms we need.

new mom to a veiled
01-30-2006, 12:09 PM
The Rain Forest Cafe is AMAZING!!!!

king2005
01-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Sue I might have a friend & he hubby come with us :) Shes from Ottawa, she was my co-worker (I was her boss). She 62, but she doesn't act it! Shes like a 20yr old & prob has more spunk then a 20yr old :) Her hubby is in his 40's & he plays sports on his time off, & hes full of spunk aswell. Trust me you'll fall in love with Muriel, EVERYONE does :)

I'm gonna try to get my old boss to come with Muriel & her hubby. Shes in her mid 50's & is also full of spunk & easy to LOVE! She has also been to the Toronto Zoo before so, she knows where to go.. Also she lived in the GTA for quite some time :)

lv4dogs
02-08-2006, 08:59 AM
That would be great. I have a couple people that *might* come. nOT SURE YET. I have posted it on other boards & have some ferret people that will be in the area already. Their days are pretty booked but they may be able to eat a dinner with us or possibly spend most of Sunday with us.
Some people are waiting until it gets closer to decide.

With all that is going on in my life I am now on a strict budget. I think I'll only be up there for the 2 days instead of 4. I'll be spending 3-4 hours on the road Fri & Mon and thats about all I can afford to take off of work at the moment.
If htings change I will stay for the 4 days but looks like it will probably be only 2.

I can't wait.

sandragonfly
02-08-2006, 11:11 PM
quoted by king2005
Gina, I emailed the Toronto Zoo to get even more info, on where Crayola will be kept, but it is in an A/C building, they will walk, potty, water & feed the service dogs.

hey, thanks! I never would thought of that, none of that in my old state had that, not even at my ZOOs I worked at either. cool, but I'd rather not have someone else than his owner watching crayola, short or long. however, I'll see if they can not do anything with him (except refreshening waterbowl) by request if he must go with me. I wonder where they'll be keeping him - like a large kennel with others or alone? small-big enough comfty cage, etc.. I might feel better if I check the place first. got the answer, king? I also re-checked my school schedule, looks like I'll be finishing before this adventure! so, yes, I'm going! :cool: sue, we'd have to carpool! ..right? :p

rainforest cafe!!! it's champ!! my #1 favorite restaurant. oohh king2005, you've already convinced me to go! :D yes, lvdogs, it's neeeat place, it's like you're eating in a jungle with live animals! I'm serious. :D

king2005
02-09-2006, 05:51 AM
quoted by king2005

hey, thanks! I never would thought of that, none of that in my old state had that, not even at my ZOOs I worked at either. cool, but I'd rather not have someone else than his owner watching crayola, short or long. however, I'll see if they can not do anything with him (except refreshening waterbowl) by request if he must go with me. I wonder where they'll be keeping him - like a large kennel with others or alone? small-big enough comfty cage, etc.. I might feel better if I check the place first. got the answer, king? I also re-checked my school schedule, looks like I'll be finishing before this adventure! so, yes, I'm going! :cool: sue, we'd have to carpool! ..right? :p

rainforest cafe!!! it's champ!! my #1 favorite restaurant. oohh king2005, you've already convinced me to go! :D yes, lvdogs, it's neeeat place, it's like you're eating in a jungle with live animals! I'm serious. :D

They haven't emailed me back yet :(
I do plan on calling them, hopefully this weekend (long distance in can/usa is free for me!).

If Crayola doesn't come, will you be ok & the same for Crayola? Who will care for him?

I've only been to the rainforest cafe once! I feel in LOVE with all the fishies, & some were HUGE SUCKERS! They were well over a foot long & 4in thick!

lv4dogs
02-09-2006, 10:48 AM
quoted by king2005

Yes we can carpool! That would be great! I am so excited. Rainforest sure does seem like an awesome place! I can't wait.

king2005
02-27-2006, 06:06 AM
don't forget about me in the car pool, otherwise I'll be SUPER late if I have to bus from city to city to city :D

Also just want to update this, ITS STILL ON!

lv4dogs
02-27-2006, 09:40 AM
don't forget about me in the car pool, otherwise I'll be SUPER late if I have to bus from city to city to city :D

Also just want to update this, ITS STILL ON!

I won't forget. :)
All I have in my car is myself, Gina & Crayola, then you when we get up there! :)

king2005
02-27-2006, 05:40 PM
yay :)

I'm still too excted!

buttercup132
03-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Yay I asked my mom and she said she will think about it. So if she says yes I will be meeting you guys at the zoo:D Finally a Canadian PT meet. I know there is another person who lives I THINK in Noagra falls they run the cat hotel I think:confused: Maybe they will come too:)

king2005
03-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Animal lovers are welcomed to come to the Zoo with us :)

I do hope your mom says yes :)

If she has Airmiles, she might be able to get the tickets for free!! I get 2 free tickets to the Zoo because of Airmiles :)

king2005
03-18-2006, 09:50 PM
If anyone know of a cheap place to get T-shirts made for this, it'll be super cool :)

ex: Pet Talk's Toronto Zoo Meeting
June 24-25 2006

& maybe have a picture on it :)

lv4dogs
03-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Yay I asked my mom and she said she will think about it. So if she says yes I will be meeting you guys at the zoo:D Finally a Canadian PT meet. I know there is another person who lives I THINK in Noagra falls they run the cat hotel I think:confused: Maybe they will come too:)

catmandu runs the found cats hotel, but I don't where if they are in toronto or not.

slick
03-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Gary lives in Hamilton, ON and I'm not sure how far that is from Toronto. You may want to goggle an Ontario map to find out.

king2005
03-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Gary lives in Hamilton, ON and I'm not sure how far that is from Toronto. You may want to goggle an Ontario map to find out.

Hamilton is south of the GTA, so hes about 1h 30mins from the zoo.
*loves google maps*

oh, The Toronto Zoo isn't in Toronto (it is & isn't), its in Scarborough, if you google Scarborough you'll get better directions/time/distance & such.

king2005
04-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Update:

Even tho I'm no longer with Rob, I'm still going to the Zoo :) So ya, the Zoo is still on YAY!!!

Anyone else wanna join us?

king2005
04-19-2006, 12:25 AM
I just ordered my 2 tickets from airmiles!!!

king2005
04-27-2006, 09:35 AM
My tickets arrived lastnight!!