PDA

View Full Version : Threats at My Condo Complex

purrley
04-10-2002, 07:33 AM
Well - they're at it again!!!!! I big sign was on the mail box area when I went to check my mail yesterday, and my first thought was "What Can't We Do Now". Well the sign read "Skunk Traps have been Placed in the Park - anyone caught opening a trap will be fined". They left out the part about will be severely whipped and left to rot in the sockade. Or stoned to death or burned at the stake:D :D

Dixieland Dancer
04-10-2002, 07:40 AM
I bet you will be glad when you find a new place to live. It must be terrible wondering what they are going to do next! :(

Former User
04-10-2002, 07:43 AM
I wonder what next? Man those people are annoying!:mad: Don't they have better things to do? Hang on Mary, you'll find a better place to live!

lynnestankard
04-10-2002, 08:15 AM
Good grief Mary haven't they got anything better to do with their time? Obviously not:( Morons:eek:

Lynne

sasvermont
04-10-2002, 08:41 AM
I think the person(s) involved in the policy making needs to take a course in being tactful. Their wording leaves lots to be desired. I certainly can understand trapping skunks, but there is not a need to threaten folks about opening the traps. Of course, they will probably catch other animals with those traps and then you should be allowed to open the darn trap. But who wants to tangle with an angry ground hog or squirrel etc. They need to stop being the POLICE and start being management. They need to get rid of all the A Type personalities......

I would move, for sure! (And I would be tempted to set off all the traps, but that's another story!)

:cool:

purrley
04-10-2002, 09:07 AM
My neighbor to the North of me has 3 very pretty orange tabbies. A month or so ago my hateful neighbor across the street was asking me if I knew who owned the orange cats and said they were peeing in her planter box and making it stink. I informed her I had better things to do than find out who owned what cat and she walked away from me angry. Later I went over to that Condo where I know the orange kitties live and informed the owners of the kitties that they were under surveillance and told them what happened to me. I told them I was sick to death of it all and I was thinking about putting my house up for sale. Well they said if they saw a For Sale sign at my home they would do the same. Well yesterday, I noticed a big sign in front of their Condo "For Sale By Owner".

jackiesdaisy1935
04-10-2002, 09:34 AM
My daughter lives in a house and they have homeowners fees etc. They can hardly turn around in their house without the committee telling them no you can't do this or you can't do that.
Obviously there are some people who don't have a life and all they have to do is watch and see if they can catch sombody doing something wrong according to the association. I feel so sorry for you living under those conditions, when you buy a home whether its a condo or a house, you should be able to have animals without someone looking over your shoulder like "Big Brother" all the time.
Jackie

jennifert
04-10-2002, 09:41 AM
Good Grief Purrley! These people just won't give up!!! They must have taken the same course as my bosses here on how to harass and intimidate!! :mad: :mad: I can't wait until you are out of there!!!!

purrley
04-10-2002, 09:56 AM
Thanks Jenn - I'm working on it!!!!!

LoudLou
04-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by purrley
.........Well they said if they saw a For Sale sign at my home they would do the same. Well yesterday, I noticed a big sign in front of their Condo "For Sale By Owner".

Cat Loving Condo Owners of the world UNITE!;)
I am sorry you are going through this. Housing Associations up here in WA think the same way. I like the way Sasvermont put it, "They need to stop being the POLICE and start being management. They need to get rid of all the A Type personalities...... "

Good Luck

purrley
04-10-2002, 11:06 AM
It's like - give some people a little power and they go snake S@@## with it.

zippy-kat
04-10-2002, 12:21 PM
Good grief...here they go again!

I do have a question...are there actually skunks there or are they trying to get the kitties? Even if ppl wanted to free the skunks, I'm not sure how close they'd be able to get...surely not close enough to open the trap?:confused:

Good luck finding a new place to live!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-10-2002, 12:45 PM
If they really wanted to get rid of skunks, they should start with the ones in their mirrors first.:mad:

jennifert
04-10-2002, 01:07 PM
If they really wanted to get rid of skunks, they should start with the ones in their mirrors first.

LOL!!!:D

AmberLee
04-10-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
If they really wanted to get rid of skunks, they should start with the ones in their mirrors first.

ROTFLOL! Good one, MOFF!

delidog
04-10-2002, 10:27 PM
unfortunatly,i live in florida....the training ground...and originator of "The Condo Commando!!" these people really need a life....and stay off of the furkids backs!!!!!:p :mad: good luck in finding a new,suitable and comfortable home for you and your furkids!!!!;) :D

4 feline house
04-10-2002, 10:54 PM
Why in the world are they trapping skunks? Or did they say?

purrley
04-11-2002, 06:38 AM
I've written another letter and given it to the Board. There are a lot of people sick to death of the harrassment. Yes, there are skunks in the Complex, but they've already threatened us with their plan to start trapping cats and sending them to the Animal Shelter starting May 1st. There's just no end to it:( :( :( I went and looked at a house yesterday, but I can't even give an offer without selling my Condo first and there are so many for sale now, the competition is huge:( :( - but I'll keep trying. Thank you for the comments of encouragement and the one about the skunks in the mirror:D :D :D loved it!!!!!!!! and so true!!!!!!!!!!

gini
04-11-2002, 01:35 PM
Well, there definitely is a "smell" around your place, but I don't think trapping any live skunks will take care of it!!

I once knew of a condo association and one of the board members WAS IN CHARGE OF THE SPA! It became so awful that no one used the spa - just to avoid this member.

I hope for the best for you - but it sounds as though you need to organize the pet lovers and storm the boardroom! Everyone has rights - and I think this is still America!