PDA

View Full Version : New fishies

IRescue452
01-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Alright, I'm going to try again to get a feeder goldfish to live more than a week so that Depot can have a friend. I got a silver and a calico. Both are girls, incidentally, they looked the healthiest. I haven't decided on names yet, I've been calling the silver girl Brillo but I don't know if it will stick.
I actually got them on Saturday and they are doing fine.

Flatcoatluver
01-16-2006, 09:16 PM
congrats and good luck!!!!

crazy_caique
01-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Congrats on your new fishys.

wehee=)
01-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Congrats on your new fishes! And good luck with the names too;)

IRescue452
01-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Well, we've got ich. I'm going to go get some salt tonight. Hopefully caught it before the smallest fish dies and before the other ones gets any on her body. I can't raise the temp for common goldies, so hopefully the salt works alone.

chocolatepuppy
01-18-2006, 07:43 PM
I feel your pain. I'm trying to get a few healthy fantails for my tank. :( First ich and now fin rot. I'm ready to pull my hair out. :rolleyes: I used to have comet goldfish. I may end up with them as I won't buy another fantail if these don't make it. :( Good luck. :)

IRescue452
01-18-2006, 08:02 PM
I'd think fantails would be easier, they don't come from feeder tanks. I guess its rough for fancy goldfish enthusiasts too. Good luck with your fantails. My new ones have some fin rot too, but it isn't progressing and should heal up good.

IRescue452
01-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Well, same story as usual. Lost em again. I'm so frustrated that you can't find a healthy comet in pet stores. This make 1 survivor to over a dozen feeder fish I've tried. I really need to just find a mature adult fish to buy rather than trying juviniles.

bckrazy
01-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Sorry you've been having bad luck >:[

To be honest, all of the feeder fish I've had have lived for years, it was insane. My sister got a sick W*M feeder because her daughter wanted to save it, and name it Nemo. They first kept him in a small 1 gallon with an undergravel filter and allowed him to grow up a bit before moving him into a 10 gallon, he's over 1 year old now and happy!