PDA

View Full Version : I do NOT spoil my kitties

catland
01-16-2006, 11:29 AM
I know there are people out there who think that PetTalker's go a little overboard when it comes to pampering their pets. I just want to say here and now that I disagree and I will show them the proof by giving examples on how I do NOT spoil my kitties.

For example, Strauss. He doesn't always approve of his canned food treat so I always sprinkle some dry food on top and that does the trick.

But I do NOT spoil him.

Ok, then there's Jan - who sometimes is sleeping on the clean laundry but she looks so cute that I carefully pick her up, select what I want from the laundry basket, then carefully set her back down on the clean clothes so that she is nice and comfy.

But I do NOT spoil her.

What are your examples of how you do NOT spoil your kitties? ;) :D

Edwina's Secretary
01-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Last night when my husband went to sit in HIS chair....but Eddie was there. So he sat in my spot. When I joined the party I had to take a seat without a lamp (making it hard to read) because neither of us could disturb the cat....

But we don't spoil them....

Killearn Kitties
01-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Well I just had a quick sandwich for dinner tonight, because I was going to press on with some decorating. We had just enough roast beef for a sandwich each, but Samantha decided she rather liked the smell, so I gave her half my sandwich filling. But I am trying to lose some weight anyway.

catmandu
01-16-2006, 12:45 PM
When The Found Cats sit somewhere I move.
When they want to eat what I am eating,at the same time,they get first chews.
If its a matter of The Found Cats Food Or Mine,thier food takes precedence.
There is more Cat Food than Human ,and The Cat Food is premium grade.
But theyre not spoiled.

Laura's Babies
01-16-2006, 12:58 PM
I can not walk past one of mine without stopping for a pet and a kiss. OK, remember you asked!

Christmas... A Pet Strooler
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p249adeeb13cc1f78c157026f1d8278f6/f08d5655.jpg
Christmas......
A 3 tier kitty bunk bed... someone had the nerve to call it a "baby changing table" :eek: , But I ask you, is that what it looks like to YOU?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1775.jpg

I would fill this thread up if I posted pictures of all the things they have that they NEEDED! A 3 level perch for the window, a bed for Amy and beds for their kennels so they can at least be comfortable when they go to the vet, lots and lots of toys to keep them super busy and out of my hair... (like that is a real problem). Mine are not spolied, they just have what they need to be happy and health!

kimlovescats
01-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Hmmm, mine have the entire upstairs bonus room ... which is the largest room in our house. But I DON'T spoil my kitties!!! :eek: ;)

smokey the elder
01-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Ebony gets whipped cream, yogurt and cheese because he's 15 and too thin, but I don't spoil him...

Diamond and Pink Nose get to do quality control on whipped cream, but they're not spoiled.. ;)

catland
01-16-2006, 02:01 PM
3-tier kitty bunk beds :eek: LOL - that is really priceless. :D

Laura's Babies
01-16-2006, 02:28 PM
That is what it is catland.... I have to say, a MUST for all kitties if you can get one. Mine love it and there is always someone on it...top, middle or bottom.... someone is there.. A Goodwill Store find!

jenluckenbach
01-16-2006, 02:39 PM
NO CATS are allowed on the computer monitor................well, unless they are really comfortable. :o

NO CATS are allowed up on the counter when I am dishing out the cat food................well, except Monte and Willow. :o

You will eat your DRY food, or you will starve. ............... well, except Fern. She gets canned food mixed in. :o And Amber because her gums hurt her. And Willow because .... oh just because. :o

NO PEOPLE FOOD ............. well, except Biddy (or Kim), how can you resist when they sit up and beg?? :o

G535
01-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Finnigan is not spoiled, he just gets what he wants when he wants it! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
01-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Mine are not spoiled either, even if when it's meal time and if they don't come running at the sound of a can opening, I serve them where ever they may be sleeping like in my only comfy chair or my bed!

NOTE TO CATS: THIS BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN THE NEW HOUSE WITH NEW FURNITURE! ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2006, 03:45 PM
I had to laugh while reading this because everything everyone has described has been repeated over and over and over again at my house. :D

However, I have to add that there is no way Peanut is spoiled, she needed this house so she could welcome her guests in. :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/pf480f6841a8cd3352cef37db5fc3411c/f08cd89a.jpg

Oh, and Peanut's house has recently acquired a back door. Cj was trapping her in it so she had to have a way out. It was quite the project because she had to get a building permit, then had to hire a contractor. Then the contractor made a few mistakes that needed to be corrected but everything worked out in the end and she now has a back door. Will have to get pics.....

catnapper
01-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Definately no spoiled kitties here!

My cats do enjoy their own chairs that are never occupied by hooman tooshies. That does not mean they are spoiled, only that I am sensitive to hooman allergies and try to combat fur distribution by having a chair just for them ;)

We bought a King Sized bed because we hoomans had no room in bed after they jumped in at night. That does not mean they are spoiled, merely that their physical comfort is properly attended to.

I hand feed them treats daily and they talk to me at length about their day during treat time. That does not mean they are spoiled, merely that their emotional needs are properly attended to.

Laura's Babies
01-16-2006, 05:53 PM
I keep coming back and I am cracking up! It all sounds like typical stuff to us, don't it?

catland
01-16-2006, 06:04 PM
I would never, EVER start a fire in the fireplace just to please my kitties. Nor would I set up little boxes in front of the fireplace for them to sit in - trying to find just the right distance so that they wouldn't be too warm or too cold.

ok - maybe I would. :rolleyes:

and I would never bother to turn on the shower just a little bit so that Joxer could get a drink because he sits in the bathtub looking so cute and patient while he waits for one of us to notice him.

Don Juan's mom
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Oh, let's see. NO, my kitties are not spoiled. I just find it relaxing to lie on the floor when I come in the house and give scritches and rubs. :)

I'm not spoiling Don Juan when I stop fixing supper and get out his Love Glove (TM) for a brushing, because this way he won't get all that nasty hair in his tummy. :p Besides, his yowls tend to distract my preparations and I let things burn. :eek: And he's so considerate, knowing when I need to take a break from knitting and climbing up on my shoulder so I have to stop knitting and hold him. Love listening to him purrrrrrrr. :D

I really enjoy Zerlina's company in the bathroom. That's why she has a special water dish of her own on the sink. And when I'm getting ready for bed, and she rolls on her back and shows me her cute bikini markings, how could I resist giving her ten minutes of playtime? ;)

Goes without saying that they eat better than I do. But that's just my responsibility as a cat mom.

Liz :rolleyes:

Lizzie
01-17-2006, 02:19 AM
I never ease very slowly and carefully into the few feet of space my cats have left on the bed when I go to sleep, saying "I'm sorry", "I'm really sorry", "Ooops, I didn't mean to nudge you, so sorry." Right!

I never leave late for work because Big Ted decides at the very last minute that he doesn't want to drink the fresh water in two bowls but from the kitchen tap. Sure!

I never spend ten minutes crawling around after a cat, apologising profusely and begging them to forgive me after they've rushed at my legs and I've stumbled over them. Pull the other leg!

I never spend half-an-hour unloading cat supplies from the car and about 5 seconds removing my own, how could I be so indulgent?!

I never get up from the sofa massaging my back and stretching painfully cramped legs because I waited until I couldn't stand the pain one more second before I would disturb the four or more cats piled around me. How silly that would be!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-17-2006, 07:08 AM
LOL! I don't know how your poor kitties survive such neglect and mistreatment ;)

babychicaleek
01-17-2006, 03:38 PM
um I might be a bad mommy......I spoil Gem.but she does'nt act like a bad kitty though so is that ok?

babychicaleek
01-20-2006, 02:27 PM
awww!! :)

lvpets2002
01-20-2006, 02:47 PM
:D Yup I had to laugh due to all sounds so true in my household == Lets see about Not spoiling == If I have set out the cloths on the be for the day & one of the girls is laying on them; then I get out another set of cloths == If they are laying in the recliner, then I will sit on the floor == If I get out lunch or supper & they want some, then of course they get the food first.. But then again define the work spoil & oh no not at my house :p :)

RICHARD
01-20-2006, 02:48 PM
My cat will never be spoiled....

I have looked for the "Best If Used By" date and cannot find one anywhere on the Edster!

lvpets2002
01-20-2006, 03:07 PM
My cat will never be spoiled....

I have looked for the "Best If Used By" date and cannot find one anywhere on the Edster!
:o Oh yow right Richard.. You want us to believe that?

shais_mom
01-20-2006, 11:48 PM
No kitties on the counters - well unless your Kloe and you like to watch the water go down the drain when I do dishes, but only if my parents aren't here! ;)
Kylie can do no wrong so nothing much to say about her! ;)

Prairie Purrs
01-21-2006, 01:52 AM
I have never sat through a TV show that I didn't want to watch because I couldn't reach the remote without disturbing a couple of lap cats. :rolleyes:

Nor do I reserve the last bite in the food can to be spoon-fed to Angel. I have especially never done so while Angel was standing on the dining table. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-21-2006, 03:38 AM
Spoil my kitties :eek: NEVER!!!

There are 8 catbeds in our living room, so I needed to buy a 9th one. No no, not to spoil the cats!!
Inka likes to play in the garden. Of course, she wants to return indoors every 5 minutes for some kibble, so meowmie kindly opens and closes the door for Inka. No no, she is NOT spoiled!!
Snoopy is still sleeping seperately from the others, in our bathroom. We have plenty of beds, but she prefes to sleep on Bernard's brown sweater. Of course she plays happy feet on that sweater too (poor sweater.....). No no, Snoopy is NOT spoiled!!
When I am covered with cats while resting on the couch, I wait as long as I can to go where nature is calling me. Cannot disturb a bunch of napping cats, right!! No no, that is NO spoiling cats!!
Oh my, I can go on for hours, just to proove that I never spoil my cats :) :D

gini
01-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Annie, NO! this is Mom's dinner.
Annie, NO, get down - this is Mom's chicken!
Annie, now I said NO!

(oh, alright, Annie, here is some for you and oh look, here comes Rascal and Emma too.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Another way I don't spoil my kitties is by buying them a new kitty bed since we will be moving soon and I thought they should have a special new treat all their own. If I knew for sure they would like it, I would have not spoiled them further by getting them each one. Well, I can not spoil them that way later if they like this one! :D

Russian Blue
01-21-2006, 03:47 PM
It was quite the project because she had to get a building permit, then had to hire a contractor. Then the contractor made a few mistakes that needed to be corrected but everything worked out in the end and she now has a back door.

Hope you found a reliable contractor and didn't have to report them to the Better Business Bureau. Finding a good contractor can sometimes be such a headache. ;)

Nakita always goes to sleep with us every night under the covers. Usually, though, she needs more room so she will lie stretched out against me (so we form a T shape). In order to make more room, I have to push Rob ( ;) )slightly over and then he ends up on the edge of the bed, with the edge of the covers barely covering him. The end result is that he usually starts complaining he is cold and who pays the mortgage around here anyways?!

But.....I don't spoil her. :rolleyes:

Gin
01-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Spoil cats? Get real. Everything I do is necessary and standard procedure, like standing in the back porch in my stocking feet, holding the door open for up to 20 minutes in the freezing cold while my cats file in/out or just sit there trying to make up their minds.

Also remembering to buy the corn chips without sesame seeds, even though I like sesame seeds, because Sassy prefers his corn chips plain. Then breaking the corn chips into small pieces and hand-feeding them to Sassy.

And no one can sit in the living room chair because it's the cats' chair.

lisalee
01-21-2006, 05:06 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/pf480f6841a8cd3352cef37db5fc3411c/f08cd89a.jpg

That is such an adorable little house for Peanut! I love it. :)

lisalee
01-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Oh yes, Sash is sooooo spoiled! I only get up every hour and half sometimes to cater to his highness while I'm sleeping. Everything here revolves around Sash. ;)

louhirata
01-22-2006, 07:05 AM
I just do momy's work like all moms. At night I seat to read children's stories, sorroundedn by the big pictures of cats (I got in a cat's magazine) and show them the drawings of the books. Sometime they pitz, pitz on the pics, Kim used to do it.. Of course, I sing the songs for each book. They listen careful Ryah, that is so silent, would ask me to repeat the songs sometimes. But this is just mom's work.

shais_mom
01-22-2006, 11:20 AM
I just do momy's work like all moms. At night I seat to read children's stories, sorroundedn by the big pictures of cats (I got in a cat's magazine) and show them the drawings of the books. Sometime they pitz, pitz on the pics, Kim used to do it.. Of course, I sing the songs for each book. They listen careful Ryah, that is so silent, would ask me to repeat the songs sometimes. But this is just mom's work.

cool that you post - I was just wondering about you and some of our MIA members as I was looking at Kirsten's site last nite.
:)

heidiv
01-23-2006, 09:18 PM
My little Chloe doesn't eat off of my plate while we watch t.v. shes a growing little girl. I don't shoe horn myself into bed each night not to disturb the kitties. Tucker doesn't sleep directly onto my chest each night at 15lbs. I sleep better that way :D

louhirata
01-24-2006, 03:15 AM
cool that you post - I was just wondering about you and some of our MIA members as I was looking at Kirsten's site last nite.
:)

Ooooops.... I am flotating! You mean the MIA I understand as MIA? What occurr to you about me and MIA members?

(You know, one day at the beggining of my participation at Pet Talk, people wrote PT, PT, and then I had to ask, "Do you mean PT, the political party of Brazil, whose name is PT, which here stands for worker's party initials!"!!!!!!! Believe it!!!)

MIA for me stands for a Saturday league of cats that helps one specific cat at Petropolis, is this what you mean?

Also, Kirsten's site, now, isn't this a mystery? Which site?

Ooooops.... oooopsss... could you be more specific about this misterious post?

A very curious Lou.

louhirata
01-24-2006, 03:18 AM
I can not walk past one of mine without stopping for a pet and a kiss. OK, remember you asked!

Christmas... A Pet Strooler
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p249adeeb13cc1f78c157026f1d8278f6/f08d5655.jpg
Christmas......
A 3 tier kitty bunk bed... someone had the nerve to call it a "baby changing table" :eek: , But I ask you, is that what it looks like to YOU?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1775.jpg

I would fill this thread up if I posted pictures of all the things they have that they NEEDED! A 3 level perch for the window, a bed for Amy and beds for their kennels so they can at least be comfortable when they go to the vet, lots and lots of toys to keep them super busy and out of my hair... (like that is a real problem). Mine are not spolied, they just have what they need to be happy and health!

This 3 level perch, as you call it, is a wonderful idea! So, they can be at bed and at the same time at the window!!!! Just wonderful!!!!

shais_mom
01-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Ooooops.... I am flotating! You mean the MIA I understand as MIA? What occurr to you about me and MIA members?

(You know, one day at the beggining of my participation at Pet Talk, people wrote PT, PT, and then I had to ask, "Do you mean PT, the political party of Brazil, whose name is PT, which here stands for worker's party initials!"!!!!!!! Believe it!!!)

MIA for me stands for a Saturday league of cats that helps one specific cat at Petropolis, is this what you mean?

Also, Kirsten's site, now, isn't this a mystery? Which site?

Ooooops.... oooopsss... could you be more specific about this misterious post?

A very curious Lou.
so sorry I thought I replied to this!

MIA - Missing In Action :)
I had not noticed some recent posts from you so was wondering about you! :) That's all!!

louhirata
01-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Shais mom, quak quak quak!!!!!!

Missiing In Action!!!!! The funniest thing!!!!! I loved it!

You could say I almost got lost in action. I had a tremendous problem on my computer, you wouldn't believe! It is a very long story, just to tell you that I took it to three different technicians... Thanks for noticing it!

Mia is the name of a one year old female cat that I give food and care everyweek end at Petropolis, this neighborhood where I visit my friends for lunch every Saturday. She loves to hang on trees and when I arrive at her tree, I call her and she comes down for her package of wet food, usually salmon!!!!!

There is another lady who takes care of Mia during the week days, but she takes a leave on Saturdays!!! There is also a neighbor man who is very worried because Mia must be, how to say it in English, you know do the surgery so she doesn't have kittens (ufff, what a work lack!), and he is very worried and talks to me every weekend. There is the guard of the street who gives Mia the food and care all day, there is the guard of the night... We are a league for a kitten cat!!!!!

This is my MIA! But your MIA is very funny! :) :)

Some others are on your MIA list member? Lost for another computer problem?

Ah! But you must understand, we do not spoil Mia. It is just that we do some charity because on Sundays she has got no food and care, besides she is a homeless... After all, she warms people about the rats, although she does not eat them, and keeps company to the guards on duty!!!! :D This is just payment for her work, you know...

Lou

RICHARD
01-27-2006, 11:29 AM
My cat is not spoiled.

I really forgot my down jacket the other day it was cold and windy....I didn't leave it for the Edster to sleep on.

I didn't let him eat the corn bread crumbs off the plate the other day-
he helped himself. :eek:

lbaker
01-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Wiping the spices off the spiced shrimp I bought from the fancy restaurant is just healthier for me. Not just because Emmitt and the girls prefer it that way. My cats aren't spoiled. Nope. Not mine.

slick
02-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Even though I have a second purrfectly good pillow on my bed, I allow Max to take up 3/4 of mine, leaving me only a few square inches for my head.

Whenever I cook chicken pieces with any kind of sauce, I always make sure one piece is plain so Max can have a tiny bit.

Max likes to partake of his water from a stainless steel bowl on the bathroom counter. I make sure the toilet seat is kept down to make it easier for him.

Max's monthly food bill exceeds mine because he gets better quality food.

...but I do not spoil him. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Who's spoiled?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/pc5ea8a277656b167f293b60fd207ec4d/f05523cf.jpg

catland
04-09-2006, 09:02 PM
*Update* - today, little girl was looking cute - so I got a piece of cheese (colby-jack for those taking notes) to give to her. She didn't want it. :(

Then I realized my mistake - I forgot to grate it. :eek: So I did and she ate it. But I do not spoil her. :rolleyes:

Sevaede
04-10-2006, 12:10 AM
I must say, as well, that my cats are not spoiled. Evidence is as follows.

They do not get canned food, with special attentions paid to meat and flavour (Isis likes chicken and Soni likes shrimp or beef), every time mom goes somewhere.

They do not get brand new toys on a regular basis.

They do not get to share moms drinks or eats.

They are not allowed to crawl all over the computer, mom and dads reading, or moms art work.

They do not get a half ounce of catnip every time mom changes the cardboard piece out of the scratchy ball toy.

Those are just a few pieces of proof that neither cat is spoiled! ;) :cool: :D :p

Sevaede
04-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Spoil cats? Get real. Everything I do is necessary and standard procedure, like standing in the back porch in my stocking feet, holding the door open for up to 20 minutes in the freezing cold while my cats file in/out or just sit there trying to make up their minds.

Also remembering to buy the corn chips without sesame seeds, even though I like sesame seeds, because Sassy prefers his corn chips plain. Then breaking the corn chips into small pieces and hand-feeding them to Sassy.

And no one can sit in the living room chair because it's the cats' chair.

Yep, I must remember that Salt and Vinegar pringles are Soni's fave and he gets first bite. I have to break up his for him, as well.

moosmom
04-10-2006, 07:48 AM
What we do for out pets, I tell ya. When I go into the loft to surf the web or watch tv and knit, if someone is on the futon, I sit on the floor. My little darlings have a soft faux fur mat in front of my monitor that is just for them with the desk lamp shining on them for warmth. If they're all over my bed, I finagle my way under the covers and become a contortionist sleeper so as not to disturb them. If my arm is numb while MooShoo is sleeping on it, I lay in the same position until HE wakes up.

If I have a glass of water while I'm watching tv and MooShoo wants a "sippy" (which he ALWAYS does), he gets it till he's not thirsty anymore.

:rolleyes: My cats spoiled???? Nah!!! :rolleyes:

DrNiblik
04-10-2006, 08:18 AM
Dille has a spot she likes on the bed,and don't you know it's dead in the center! When it's time to go to sleep I have to arrange myself around her. That's not spoiling, that's just good manners! She was there first after all!

Maghoi has a paper sack by the door she likes to hide/sleep/play in. I should have thrown it away ages ago, but how can I throw someting out that doesn't belong to me? Again, not spoiling, just manners!

Lori Jordan
04-10-2006, 01:59 PM
I do go over board alot with my guys but do the same with my Kids they derserve every bit of it

Randi
04-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Fister being spoiled ... nah, he would’t agree! ;) Even though I take my tired feet down AND move the keyboard so there's space for him under "his" lamp. :rolleyes: Then, when I leave the computer for half an hour, do I leave the lamp on for him?? Oh yes ... even though I'm trying to save on electricity.

Talking of water, what do I do if he runs to the bathroom? Will I be able to guess why he does that? Oh yes! He needs the tap turned on - and I have to stand there waiting while he’s drinking. Does he have water elsewhere? He has plenty! A glass in the bedroom, one in the windowsill, and his drinkwell that is filled with fresh water to the brim every day.

When he decides it may be a good time for running down the kitchen staircase and having a little stroll outside, do I stand there holding the door for him - sometimes for more than 5 min. because he can’t make up his mind whether he wants to go out or not. Oh yes .... and when he does want to go out, I have had the "pleasure" of going down to get him at 4AM in the morning! :mad:

Do I decide when it’s bedtime? Oh no! He tells me when, and if I don’t get it, he’ll race around, making quite sure I understand, in a loud tone of MIAWWW!! Ok then, do I get my pillow for myself? No way!! He’s there before I even put my head down. It’s cosy though. :) ;)

These are just a few examples, but he’s not spoiled in the slightest!! :D :rolleyes: