PDA

View Full Version : Dog Food

animal_rescue
01-16-2006, 01:03 AM
I know there's been a lot of talk about this before, but I'm starting another post...

I may be adopting a saint bernard this summer, nothing for sure, but it's definatly a possibly. To adopt him, I have to get a job so I can pay for him. Well I've been thinking about it and I want to also buy all the dog's food because I don't like the stuff my mom is buying and feeding them, I think it's crap.

First choice is RAW. But, Dewey, the saint bernard won't he raw because he's a dork! :p So I need to find something that's at my feed store that's good for him.

But I also need something *if I have to, I'll buy different dog foods for each dog, but that will get pricey* for the other dogs.

Just so we're clear. Maggie is a 4 year old Doberman, Dewey is a 5 year old Saint Bernard, Roxabella is a 6 month old Miniature Pinscher, Alex is 2 year old Miniature Poodle, and Marty is a 1 year old Miniature Dashchund.

For Maggie and Dewey I like:
California Natural Chicken & Rice Red. Cal.

AvoDerm Adult Chicken Meal & Rice

Nature's Recipe Lamb Meal, Rice & Barley Formula

Innova Large Breed Adult

Sensible Choice Lamb & Rice Adult Formula

Solid Gold Hund-N-Flocken

Nutro Natural Choice Chicken Meal & Rice

Pro Plan Chicken & Rice

For Roxabella I like:
Innova Puppy Dry

Nutro Natural Choice Puppy Lamb Meal & Rice formula

Marty and Alex, I like:
Royal Canin Medium Breed Mature Dog Food

Bench & Field Lamb Meal & Rice Dog Food

Innova EVO Dog

ok your suggestions please..

bckrazy
01-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Personally, I think you should feed them all Innova Evo. It's for all life stages, sizes, breeds, etc... just tailor it to fit each dogs needs, as far as amount and any additions you might want to add (veggies, meats, RMB's, etc). Gonzo loves Evo and has done really well on it, he only needs 1 cup per day to maintain perfect weight at 40 lbs. Canidae is also a good food for all life stages, and much cheaper than Evo. I really don't buy into all of the different formulas, such as large/small breed puppies, reduced calories, active, etc. The only real reason I've found for all of the various formulas is the company's make more money :p... thats my take at least!! Good luck with your St Bernard! I hope you're able to adopt him, I lurve his name =0)

animal_rescue
01-16-2006, 10:30 AM
That's my first choice for them too, but I may not have it, I still have one pet store to check and if they don't have it then i'll have to pick something else... They should because they get alot of the good dog food their.