PDA

View Full Version : ME?? A DAWG trainer???

catnapper
01-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Oh my!!! At work today they were talking about how they are looking for another dog trainer, and if anybody was interested to ask them. I waited til after everyone filtered out of the break room and asked my boss if he thinks I'd be good for the job. He said DEFINATELY. :eek: When HIS boss (the district manager) asked him if I would be able to stand in front of people, my boss laughed and said, "not this one, she's MORE than happy to stand in front of people and tell them what to do." :o :D :p

He couldn't really go into things right then and there so he wants to sit down with me some time soon to go over the job itself. He wants to talk about what training I'd need (120 hours out of town in a main store) and see if I really am truly interested. Its apparently a major commitment.

I also apparently have the requesite talents:
~Loud mouth... I mean good projection where I'd be heard over the barking pups
~Loves to be the center of attention.
~Outgoing and gregarious & not at all shy
(lets not also forget my love of dogs)

Only thing is.... will my putty tats be jealous? Will they think I'm cheating on them? ;) I'm a CAT person! LOL

Please do those marvelous PT prayers that I get to switch departments (cleaning rodent & bird cages & fish tanks is SO not my thing, but I'll scoop a 100 litterboxes without complaint... go figure :rolleyes: ) I am a little concerned about the training because its out of town and will take up to 3 weeks. I know it'll tick off my other boss, and I just got back on track with her after a month of major issues. I don't want to upset her because she is my main income. So please pray I can do the training without losing my main job and without resentment from my main boss.

I am REALLY excited over the possibility of becoming a pet trainer!

gemini9961
01-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Wow cool, good luck on everything. :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Kim, Good luck!!! I hope that everything will work out. :) I must have missed a thread about you even working at a pet store so this is all news to me. ;)

Almita
01-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Wow good luck I bet everything will be great!

Chilli
01-15-2006, 05:32 PM
wow... thats wonderful! :D
Good luck!!

Uabassoon
01-15-2006, 05:34 PM
That would be a great experience, plus it's a great skill to learn because once you have some experience you could train on your own or with another company! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! :D

Laura's Babies
01-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Kim, I had to scroll back up and make sure that was really YOU posting about being a DAWG trainer! :eek:

I think the most important thing here is that you love animals, be it cats, dogs, birds or whatever, it is a animal/companion/friend to man. That is a common bond that holds us together and you can relate to how much they love their dogs because you love you own babies the same.

Is this boss the one that you have posted about that takes such advantage of her employees? Hay, this dog training thing could open all kinds of NEW doors for you. I would go for that and not worry about that person/boss who seems to do her best to take advantage of you and keeps you so stressed.

Have you considered the possiablilties here in dog training? I see $$$ in training and DRAWINGS of dogs that their owners love... all sorts of doors to open here... GO FOR IT!

catnapper
01-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Laura, the boss that wants to talk to me about Pet Trainer is different from the crazy lady that I've spoke of recently. Its this crazy lady that I am a bit apprehensive about upsetting.

BUT like you said, this could open up so much for me. I know I'd enjoy it immensely. As for telling my Pet training clients about my artwork? I won't be able to because company policy says we can't solicit customers with our own products. Something like that. I completely understand that policy.

I called my mom about it tonight (no matter how old we get, we always need mommy's opinion on these things ;) ) and she thinks its just right for me. She laughed when I told her its for people who like to be the center of attention. I don't know if you all have picked up on this... but I LOVE to be the center of attention. My strongest point in college was presentation where I got to stand in front of an audience. I am very outgoing and people trust me easily. My last job really messed with my head and for the past 2-3 years Ive been hiding out in the house and avoiding human interaction because I felt so.... worthless. I know that I am a great person and have a lot to offer others. I know I am a good dog mommy and can help others be good dog parents too.

I really hope this happens. I hope I don't get my hopes up only to have nothing come of it.

Kfamr
01-15-2006, 07:10 PM
NICKI will be happy, finally something involving dogs for her! :p

Maybe she can come to class with you. :)

catnapper
01-15-2006, 07:17 PM
NICKI will be happy, finally something involving dogs for her! :p

Maybe she can come to class with you. :)
Yes, Nicki is feeling a bit better that something in my life doesn't revolve around cats! :p Heck, I might finally be able to train her not to bark whenever I give hubby a kiss ;) (A wee bit of a jealousy issue, and we're not sure if its over him kissing me or me kissing him)

And YES, employees ALL get to take their dog to one class FREE! Cool, huh? Problem is that Nicki is PETRIFIED by the car. I'd hate to take her knowing she'd be terrorized. Though she'd LOVE it when she got there since she loves other dogs.

CagneyDog
01-15-2006, 07:18 PM
That sounds like a great job! I hope it works out. :)

Felix
01-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Good luck with it.Im sure you will be terrific.

jenluckenbach
01-16-2006, 06:04 AM
Sounds good to me! Do you think you could take a leave of absence or a vacation from boss lady E.?

catnapper
01-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Sounds good to me! Do you think you could take a leave of absence or a vacation from boss lady E.?
Yes, I know I could. Only problem is that she already told me that she has a backup designer. I am a little hesistant to let her use him. She'll either use him and be shocked at how much MORE he charges than I do... and then subsequently realize how much she's been undervaluing me (is that a word?) OR she could use him and fall in love with him and his work. If she does the latter then I'm outta a job :( but even at that point, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for me to be cut free of her. So I guess whatever happens happens. I am a strong believer that things happen for a reason in life.

poofy
01-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Iwish you good luck on all the issues and hope all turn out to your advantage.. :)