PDA

View Full Version : Will he still be there??

Logan
04-09-2002, 11:06 PM
I have committed to return the stupid stand that I bought, not realizing it wouldn't work, and I will get Willy tomorrow, if he's still at the pet store. I can't get him off my mind, and one of my best confidants agrees that when that happens, it is meant to be. If he's not there, I will pray that he has gone to a loving home. But as of Saturday, he had been there a month......so........maybe we will have another Cockatiel tomorrow. Something is pulling me there. Maybe it is that he was obviously loved so much. So many toys and playthings, you have never seen in one bird cage. Poor Roger will have to have more toys too.

In two short months, we have had so much enjoyment with Roger Cockatiel. Helen swears that when he learns his name, he will say "Roger Cockatiel" because that's what I call him all the time!! Today, Roger sang "duets" with me. Now we truly have Zippity Do Dah in stereo, with Mom and Roger. He's also learned "Hey Bird" since that is what I have said to him over and over, every morning and everytime I walk back into the room he is in. I thought I heard him say it today, but Helen confirmed it tonight, without me even mentioning it to her!! LOL!! She said, "MOM, did you hear that? He said "Hey Bird"! " I knew it!!!

For all of you who have never experienced bird ownership, I have to highly recommend. This Cockatiel business is delightful!! I'm sure the others are too!!

I'll let you know tomorrow evening about Willy. I just think it is the right thing to do if he's still there. As others have said, what's one more?

Logan

AmberLee
04-09-2002, 11:10 PM
{{{Logan}}}, you have the warmest, most loving heart. You go girl!!! Don't you think that Willie and Roger roll off the tongue nicely together?

As you know, we want details and PICTURES!!! LOL

zippy-kat
04-09-2002, 11:57 PM
Good luck! Fingers are crossed on this end!

gini
04-10-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee
{{{Logan}}}, you have the warmest, most loving heart. You go girl!!! Don't you think that Willie and Roger roll off the tongue nicely together?

I second that motion - now all I want is for Pet Talk to have sound!!

Wouldn't it be fun to actually hear Roger? (and Logan) in their duet?
:p :p :p

Gio
04-10-2002, 04:22 AM
But, Tonya, NO ROGERETTE!!!! No way!! That Roger is quite demanding enough on his own
LOL is this the same lady who is posting? :D Sorry Logan I just could not resist this one!

Heather Wallace
04-10-2002, 05:07 AM
If your heart is set on the other bird you should get him, I hope you are not disappointed though, let us know if you get him.

It happened to me once, before I got Bunny I had reserved a rabbit at a pet store and when i went to pick him up they had sold him, couldn't believe it. I was so disappointed after I had reserved him.

Maybe just as well as I wouldn't have had Bunny and she wouldn't have gad all of those lovely babies.:)

Good luck anyway!

purrley
04-10-2002, 07:36 AM
WILLY - BE THERE!!!! - YOUR MUM IS COMIN TO GET YA:D :D :D

Former User
04-10-2002, 07:44 AM
I can't take this anymore, I want to know was Willy there???? I sure hope so!!!!! :D :D :D

Logan
04-10-2002, 07:48 AM
Oh, Niina, its just morning here now! We'll find out this afternoon, sometime after 3 pm. I'm ready for him, and Roger and Helen are too! If it is meant to be, he'll still be there.

I can't believe I'm doing this.... :eek:

Former User
04-10-2002, 07:49 AM
YAY! Did you call them? Ahem....I guess I'm getting carried away here.... I'm probably just as excited as everyone else :rolleyes: . Sorry, trying to calm down now.... But I hope Will is there

Logan
04-10-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Gio

LOL is this the same lady who is posting? :D Sorry Logan I just could not resist this one!

And you are exactly right! :D :D I did say that and I promise I wouldn't even be considering another one if this one didn't need a home so badly. It just made me sad to see him with all those toys, and knowing someone loved him very much to set him up like that, and then be too sick to take care of him. :( I hope if we get him, that the pet store will tell the lady how much love Willy will get. The money I pay for him will be going to her.

We'll see. :)

Daisylover
04-10-2002, 10:54 AM
What a great story....I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a HAPPY ending!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-10-2002, 11:11 AM
If it was me, I wouldn't be able to wait. I'd be on the phone the second the shop opened up to see if he was there. If he was, I'd tell them to pack his bags, I'd be there after work to get him. Waiting is not one of my strong traits.

Logan, you will need to take a picture of Willy and see if the shop will send it to her or if you can. I bet she'd feel so much better to see he had a nice home.:)

Logan
04-10-2002, 11:36 AM
Unfortunately, my Helen has had a bit of a setback today and ended up coming home from school around 9:30 this morning. She's fine, just very weak, as would be expected. She was most disappointed that I might not follow up on Willy today, since we had planned to go after school.

I decided to call them a little while ago, and ask more questions about him, if he was still there. Apparently, the lady who owned him is older, and has become incapacitated in some fashion. I'm not sure exactly what is wrong, only that she is no longer living in her home and couldn't take care of him. Her adult son took him, but Willy would have nothing to do with him, and the man just didn't have the patience or desire to work with him. Thus, he was taken to the Carolina Pet Center, who agreed to help find him a new home. That's where I come in. He has been there, as I mentioned earlier, for over a month.

The lady I spoke with today said that he is a very friendly bird, and that her son holds him all the time. He is not as anxious as Roger to come out of his cage, but once he's out, he is fine to be held. He has a special stick that he jumps on to come out of his cage. Hope Lilly doesn't chew it up!! She said that it might take some adjustment time for him and suggested I put him in a separate room from Roger at first so he can be quiet and get used to us.

We're going to go get the poor needy boy later this afternoon. I hope he can be happy with us. I can honestly say that Roger is. He has discovered the mirror in his cage this morning!! He is sitting there staring at himself right now!! Cute!! :D

We'll update you on Willy after we get him home. I am very subdued about the whole thing, probably because I feel so sorry for him. :( Helen and I both cried after I hung up with the store, partially out of sadness and partially happy that we are going to be able to try and help him. I can't wait to introduce him to all of you wonderful people. :)

purrley
04-10-2002, 12:03 PM
I just have this feeling that this little Willy will be happy as a LARK or Cockatiel :D to be with you. Sounds like patience will be a key in the adjustment, but with time I'll bet he'll be whisteling Zip A Dee along with Roger. Good luck - keep us posted, we'll all be dying to here;) ;)

gini
04-10-2002, 04:07 PM
Hmmm, it is a little after 5 PM your time, wonder if Wee Willy has moved in yet?

Logan
04-10-2002, 04:20 PM
Hi, we went around 4 and picked him up. He is a sweetheart, very, very shy, but came out and sat on Helen's hand while I took everything out of the cage, scrubbed it down, and put some of it back in, but not all. That cage was so crowded with toys, he hardly had room to move around. Helen has already fallen for him.....we both just think he was so pitiful. :(

Willy does not look as healthy as Roger. Now that I've really spent some time with him and checked him over thoroughly, he and Roger are probably about the same size though. He must have really been "puffed" up when I saw him on Saturday. I think he has been getting nothing but seeds to eat, so I will supplement him with the same things Roger is getting. He might look better very soon. He is really totally gray, with shades of yellow around his head and those orange cheeks, which are not as bright as Roger's. With some of the supplements, I imagine his colors will brighten significantly.

I was just glad to get him home, cleaned up, loved on, etc. He is in the guest room, with the radio playing on classical music, with bowls full of food and clean toys. We will check on him regularly, just want to give him time to get adjusted to our house, without having to meet all of the other feathered and furry friends right away. :)

Logan
Mom to: Lilly, Honey, Mimi, Butter, Olivia, Roger and Willy
and of course, HELEN!!!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-10-2002, 04:34 PM
YEAH! WILLY! WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME!
Do you have any idea how old he is? I bet he and Roger will be great buds soon!
ZIPPITY DO DAH indeed!
:D

Kfamr
04-10-2002, 04:35 PM
PICTURES!

tatsxxx11
04-10-2002, 04:47 PM
Welcome Home Willy!:) And welcome to the good life, there at the Givens' household!! He sounds precious Logan. I know with your good loving and some good food he'll be bright and cheery in no time! Can't wait to see his pics.! Love to you Willy!

jennifert
04-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Welcome Willy!!!! Congrats Logan and Helen on your new addition!!! I know absolutely nothing about birds! Will the 2 boys get along? I hope it all works out! Keep us updated...

Willy, you just stepped into my "favorite" pet talk home, the one I want to come live in!!! There is enought love there for everyone+++

(By the way, Logan, I was looking at your pics of your house the other day! Now I want to come even more!!!!!!)

Can't wait to hear Willy stories...Oh no, now you have a Willy and a Lilly! I wonder if Willy can say his own name....Could be trouble!!! "Hi Willy, Willy come, Willy food, Willy, etc :p :D

AmberLee
04-10-2002, 05:22 PM
Welcome home, Willy. We've been expecting you, sweet boy!!!

LoudLou
04-10-2002, 05:34 PM
Wobble, Wobble, THUD. Wobble, Wobble, ThUD! Hmmm, what's that sound?..... OH, it's Logan FALLING for Willy!;) :D

So happy about your new addition to the family! Willy could not have gone to a more Loving home! Logan, do you know what ruly BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL Person you are?:D

Congratulations to all, HELEN, Lilly, Honey, Mimi, Butter, Olivia, Roger and now Willy !

gini
04-10-2002, 05:41 PM
Whenever I think of any of God's creatures being harmed, ignored, mistreated or misplaced, I grieve!

Logan and Helen, what a wonderful thing you are doing for Willy. Can you imagine how mixed up he must have been to have a happy home and then suddenly be sent off to a pet store and fed only a diet of seeds. Of course, the previous owner may be heartbroken and I hope it eases her to know that Willy will now have a forever happy home.

Yes, pictures!! I laugh when I think of all of the sounds that must come out of your house!! All WONDERFUL!!

Logan
04-10-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
YEAH! WILLY! WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME!
Do you have any idea how old he is? I bet he and Roger will be great buds soon!
ZIPPITY DO DAH indeed!

You are all so sweet and so supportive! Our Willy will be just fine, I'm sure. We're going to smother him with love. :)

Willy is about two years old. We think Roger is approximately 4-5 months old. They will live in separate cages, but hopefully in the same room very soon, so that they can enjoy each other's company. They will not be able to remain in my office......at least not during the day! Explaining the noise level is getting embarassing.....too!! I can put them in the next room and it will probably be ok and they can look out the window. LOL!

I'll keep you posted on "the meeting" between Roger and Willy. Depending on how things go, I may put them in the same room tomorrow, so they can "chat"!

zippy-kat
04-10-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Logan
He is really totally gray, with shades of yellow around his head and those orange cheeks, which are not as bright as Roger's.

Ummm...Miz Logan, are you absolutely-positively sure Willy is a boy? Maybe Willy is a Willamina!:eek:

Pam
04-10-2002, 07:54 PM
I am sure Mimi has already said to Roger "I told you so. I've been down this road with her before!" :D :D

Cincy'sMom
04-10-2002, 08:00 PM
Congrats to Logan, Helen and Willy!! (And of course the rest of the family!)
When Willy and Roget get to talking, your customers will think you are very busy with all the conversations going on in the background!!!
Best wishes!

Logan
04-10-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

Ummm...Miz Logan, are you absolutely-positively sure Willy is a boy? Maybe Willy is a Willamina!:eek:

I wondered the same thing..... :confused: :confused:

I am going to have to read up a little more! I think there is a chance he is a he, but just hasn't gotten the good supplements to make his colors show up brightly. I did forget to tell you that he has lovely white outlining on his wings. And his tail is mostly gray, but he has sort of yellow and white stripes on his tail feathesr too. I can't wait to get a picture and share him with you. Only problem is, he/she is a bit rattled right now and not too interested in coming out of the cage. As long as we stand there with our hand inside, he sits on our finger very contented!! LOL!!! :D

Oh, and Loud Lou, I think it was you that started the whole stereo thing.....we have stereo, only problem is it is two different tunes!!! :D

zippy-kat
04-10-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Oh, and Loud Lou, I think it was you that started the whole stereo thing.....we have stereo, only problem is it is two different tunes!!! :D

If Willy is a Willamina...can you imagine Roger, Willy, +babies...all singing Zippity Doo Dah....?!;) :D :cool:

Can't wait to see pics of the Willy bird!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-10-2002, 09:50 PM
He has discovered the mirror in his cage this morning!! He is sitting there staring at himself right now!! Cute!!

AWWWWW that sounds cute!! Congratulations on the newest addition of your family :D How much fun it must be at your house with all of your pretty furrbabies (and feather babies too huh?!?!)

Crikit
04-10-2002, 10:27 PM
WOO HOO ANOTHER BIRD!!! Okay I just had a really weird thought, once Willie or Williamina gets setteled you should try to get the birds to sing songs like "Me and my shadow" or "Anything you can do" or you know just to humor the crazy girl on pet talk (that would be me ;) ) "Three little maids from school" that would be cool.

I'll leave you with that thought for now.

shais_mom
04-11-2002, 12:50 AM
Logan, you know I love your warm, generous loving heart, but were you married to Noah in your first life :D I think its great you want to give a wonderful home to so many needy animals. You are a treasure.
"here we go 2 by 2"

zippy-kat
04-11-2002, 12:58 AM
Ok...she has the pups, the cats, the birdies, the hammie...what's next? How about bunnies?! Yes, bunnies. Definetly, Definetly bunnies!! (And they do better in pairs soooooo.....);) ;) ;)

AmberLee
04-11-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Crikit
... "Three little maids from school"...

Ever since I read your post (an hour ago?) I've been humming this tune and driving myself and the cats crazy!

Former User
04-11-2002, 02:05 AM
Oh Logan, I'm so happy that you got Willy! I'm sure he will be fine soon under your love and care!:)

Gio
04-11-2002, 02:40 AM
Welcome home Willie!!! :D He could have not found a better home, I'm sure that he will learn this in just a few days and he will become more confident. I can't wait to hear about the various introductions! :D

Logan
04-11-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Logan, you know I love your warm, generous loving heart, but were you married to Noah in your first life :D I think its great you want to give a wonderful home to so many needy animals. You are a treasure.
"here we go 2 by 2"

I really am beginning to look like one of those hoarders, I think. I must stop!!! :eek:

Quiet night, by the way, last night :)

Pam
04-11-2002, 06:20 AM
Logan I love your new signature "mother of many!" :D I think a pair of guinea pigs is just what you need now to make your home complete! :D I know if you could reach through your monitor you would probably bop me in the nose! HA!

purrley
04-11-2002, 06:58 AM
Logan - Congratulations on your little Willy - I'm so happy you decided to give him what everyone knows is a wonderful home. Lucky, Lucky Birdie!!!! And for your sake, hope Willy is not a Wilhemina - but on the other hand, Roger, Willy and babies - you got Zip-a-dee Doo Dah in SURROUND SOUND!!!!!!!!:D :D :D
Don't hit me, Don't hit me:D :D LOL

Logan
04-11-2002, 07:56 AM
Pam: BOP!!!!!!! :D

Mary Gene: BOP!!!!!!! :D

Roger and Willy/Willhemena will be in separate cages for life!!!! :)

tatsxxx11
04-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Oh Crikit that's priceless! Willy and Roger dressed in kimonos singing an exerpt from Gilbert and Sullivan's The Mikado!:D:D:D

Crikit
04-12-2002, 08:14 PM
I couldn't help making that suggestion honest it was either that or "Poor wandering one" or "Major general" which although those would be amusing it would be even more amusing to see the three little maids...plus the tunes catchier.

AdoreMyDogs
04-12-2002, 09:36 PM
Logan I am so happy for you and Helen and especially for your new little girl whos name is yet to change :) I kind of knew that you were going to get him/her, and it was obviously "ment to be" with her still being there when you came to spring her from that place and put her into pet heaven in you house.

You are truly wonderful. Helen is one lucky girl :)

Logan
05-31-2002, 07:45 PM
We honestly believe we have a girl now, and she goes by Milly, rather than Willy.

What a duo they are! We're working hard at building up Milly's trust. Once she's out of the cage, she is fine. No "tunes" from her yet, but not because Roger isn't trying!! :D He is so darling when they are out in the mornings with his "hey birdie" right in her little ear. She sits real still and lets him sing to her, and "talk" to her!! She is giving us a little more melody at times with her "squawks", so she's coming around!! :D

Thanks so much for asking about them. I do adore these birds!!! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-31-2002, 08:06 PM
AWWWWWW
Sounds soooo sweet do you have any pics of Roger cerenading Milly?!?!?! Glad to hear she is settling in good...

Logan
06-01-2002, 12:57 PM
Here's the link with Milly's picture. I can't remember how I did it, so this is probably easier!! LOL!! :o

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10189

Well darn. I could see the pictures, but you can't. I'll load a couple into Webshots and give you the link there in a little bit. I am determined that I am not going to open yet another album when I already have albums on three services! Be back soon.

Logan

Here's the link to my HUGE Webshots album site. Roger and Milly will be in an album entitled "Roger and Milly". How original!! :o
http://community.webshots.com/user/lgivens4