PDA

View Full Version : Guess what? Mom cracked again.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Yep. Yesterday.

She started crying because John ditched her. It's her fault, she is being so overly protective of him, and he doesn't like it so he's backing away. She is like a stalker to him. :(

She cried all night last night, and called me four times while I was babysitting. I'm so sick of everything. I have so much to deal with right now, my friend is being suicidal and cuts, my other friend is dealing with a suicide and I'm dealing with her and her depression, and my mom is freaking out. I HATE IT.

:(

Karen
01-15-2006, 01:50 PM
First off, sorry about your mom.

The friends who are suicidal, you need to talk to an adult about right away. If not a parent, tell a counselor at school or a pastor that you trust or some other adult. The friend may be angry with you at first for "telling," but will be grateful in the long run. It is better to have a freind mad at you than have them dead and living with the regret for the rest of your life.

Has your mom talked with anyone, any type of counselor or doctor, about her emotional issues?

sandragonfly
01-15-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry! is there any way you can get out of that house? I left my parents when I was fourteen, they were too much for me. you gotta do what you wanna do and you will if you gotta to.

suicial friends, I can understand this is too much for you, maybe you could try, only as much/long as you can be there and to talk with them and ask why/how are they feeling that way, make some promises they wouldn't try harm themself. that way they can remember you really care, follow your heart and think what's right, best for you and especially for them too. works out better for a lot of depressers, 'telling' someone on them or pushing them to get some help could make things worse. I wouldn't want more people to know, they told only you because they trust, are comfortable with you.

I'm not saying to not tell anyone at all but unforunately, a lot of people out there don't take things like this kind seriously and could overwhelm the people with critical help they need.

I hope you for the best.

Vette
01-15-2006, 03:18 PM
It is better to have a freind mad at you than have them dead and living with the regret for the rest of your life.

I can bout for that...:(
when i was in 7th grade. my friend told us that she was going to run away. and made us promis not tell tell anyone. and we never did. and she made that threat often. i guess none of us never took her sersiouly. but one time she said it,, she was serious. and now shes dead and its not a pretty thing to live with. theres not a day that goes by that i dont blame myself and wish i had told someone about it.

sandragonfly
01-15-2006, 03:29 PM
just wanted to be clear, not a promise of not telling anybody. I'd suggest, never make that promise though.

tell if you feel you have to, if you think it'll be any help. my longest friend (still a case, murdered or suicide) died last may, for years before that - she was doing really good with our promises I made with until I was unavailable being in hospital for so long - I regret no matter what I do. I knew things would be different if I've done something. :( her aunt knew though, for I know how much they are close to each other too, I've told her but again, aunt looked at the another way. no matter how much I've tried to do, it is hard for everyone.

poofy
01-15-2006, 04:07 PM
You dont relize what a favor of love you would be doing by getting your mom and your friends help..
I was there, I know and my daughter got me help..I can never thank her enough..it changed my life..You cant do it alone..and they need help..

crazy_caique
01-15-2006, 04:18 PM
You need to tell someone call a hotline or tell another person you trust.Tell someone now before your cutter friend goes to far and your depressed friend desides to end her life.Get them help NOW.And you are not doing anyone a favor holding it in.

Laura's Babies
01-15-2006, 06:02 PM
I had a friend that threatened and tried to committ suicide and when she got home from the hospital, I told her in a not so nice way that I have already survived one person doing that and if that is what she wants to do, then that would be the end of our friendship! I told her she had NO idea what she puts the people that love her through or how it effects the ones she leaves behind and I will NOT go through that again.. EVER..... for ANYBODY and if that is the path she wanted to continue, then tell me NOW and I would walk away NOW...

Her Mother told me a few days later that she was so glad I had told Sandy that because it wasn't until then, that she realized how her selfish actions would/could effect others. She hasn't tried it since..

I know this will not work with everyone and I am the first to say, that those who are serious about doing it WILL! Get her help and don't give up on screaming it to anyone who will listen until she gets help or gives up on it. Just warn her that suicide is a permant solution to a temporary problem and it can not be undone.

CagneyDog
01-15-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm sorry about your mom. {{hugs}}

, 'telling' someone on them or pushing them to get some help could make things worse. I wouldn't want more people to know, they told only you because they trust, are comfortable with you.

I agree.

WolvesRawk
01-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Ok, in 6th grade, one of my friends was a cutter and tried several times to commit suicide. She din't really have that bad of problems. Finally, I just yelled at her and made her understand that it's hard enough having a friend that is trying to kll herself, and that having that friend die would be too much pain for me to handle. I told her that if she ever tried anything like that again, I would stop being her friend. I forced her to tell me her problems and vent. She remained depressed for a little while. but I helped her cheer up. Now, she's happy, hyper, and crazy. The point is, you may need to be harsh for them to see the point but let them know that you're there for them.