PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal...?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Is it normal for me to still like Mike?

I don't remember if you can recall my latest stressor, the issue with Mike. I kept telling myself that I hated the way he was and he wouldn't make a good boyfriend. All my friends told me I needed someone better and I deserved better, and I believed it.

I saw him at work yesterday, and all of those thoughts faded instantly. His smile, the way he makes me laugh, I don't know what came over me, but I loved being with him. My friend keeps telling me that I can't fall for the first guy that says he likes me, and I know I can't. I don't know if I want him in a dating way, or in a just friends sort of way. Either way, I can't imagine not having him around.

Is it normal? Do I need to get over him?

Roxyluvsme13
01-15-2006, 01:29 PM
That's very normal. As for whether or not you need to get over him, I think thats your choice. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-15-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm so confused, lmao.

A lot of my friends don't like him much anymore, because of his ongoing boy things, like telling me how some girl is hot, blah blah blah. He doesn't treat me badly, that's not the way I wanted it to sound. Sometimes it seems like he lives two lives, online he's nice and sweet and over the phone he is nice too, but doesn't say some of the cute things he says online. When we're in person, he is super shy and makes up for it by telling me how hot the girls are in the "My Humps" video. :rolleyes:

I don't know, like I said, I love being with him, plain and simple.

slleipnir
01-15-2006, 01:32 PM
If you still like him as a friend, then why not still be just friends? That way you're not worried if he is saying things about other girls or whatever? Then again, sometimes it's just awkward to be friends with someone you were going out with...

Almita
01-15-2006, 01:35 PM
I would say I agree with slleipnir. If you still like him and just want to be friends that is ok.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Thing is, we were never going out.

He told me I was pretty and that he would love to go out, he just wanted us to get to know each other first. I feel like crap when he tells me girls are pretty, because I don't get told it often, and it made me feel really special. But when he says it about other girls it makes me feel awkward and out of place.

slleipnir
01-15-2006, 01:42 PM
He doesn't sound good for you as a bf. However, maybe he is just shy. It's easier to talk to someone when it's not in person. Why not be friends for a while and see where it goes? Most guys will say how pretty other girls are, as far as I'm concerned this is natural so long as they don't act on it.

sandragonfly
01-15-2006, 01:52 PM
well I don't know if that's normal.. (so common so yes probably) because normally, I wouldn't want go back to this guy if he can't stick with me.

have you asked him if he wanted it to be more than just friends or have you thought what you wanted for the relationship too?

Vette
01-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Awww!
im super shy too. but over the internet its quite the opisit. however when its in person i clam up untill i feel more confortable with the person.

just try to be around him more and see if his shyness fades.
do you know if he likes video games or anything else? try to talk about something else that he likes.

and i hate that song and video by the way...LOL

Karen
01-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Be friends - it is always good to have a friend you enjoy being around. Don't feel funny about him saying other girls are pretty - it doesn't mean he thinks you aren't, that's just your own insecurity. It is just a guy kinda thing to do.(I like guys - most of my good freinds in school and life have been guys - heck, I even married a guy!) You can always join the conversation by offering your opinion, or asking him what he thinks is pretty about whatever girl, or pointing out guys you think are cute.

catnapper
01-15-2006, 03:59 PM
IF you have to question it, then just be friends. I've always gone on this philosophy in life: If my head screams YES or NO, then my answer is yes or no (according to which my head screams ;) ) If I'm hesitant in any way, then that is a NO as well since there's something holding me back from it being a YES. Soooo.... if your head is screaming MAYBE, then make it a no, because something inside you knows it should be a NO. Did that make any sense?

sandragonfly
01-15-2006, 04:20 PM
quoted by catnapper
does that makes any sense?

that is how your heart talks! don't go farther until you are sure. :)

Toby's my baby
01-15-2006, 09:58 PM
It is TOTALLY normal!! That's exactly how my ex boyfriend is with me. I went out with him, then we broke up. I miss him a lot, and he was so sweet, but then when we broke up, I knew that that was ok, and that I would probably never go out with him again, even if he did ask me out again. It wasn't a mistake going out with him though. We are still great friends, and we talk all the time. He transfered schools a couple weeks back, and it was SO weird not having him around, luckily, he transfered back, so all is well. I can NOT imagine what it would be like without him.

edit: Usually, when guys that i'm around say someone else is pretty, they sometimes feel awkward too. I just usually make a joke or laugh about it, even if it is weird, just try hard not to make it weird. Thats what i do. :) When i'm around guy friends, or my bf's, and I say some other guy is hot or something, i feel weird about it afterwards, but someone always jokes about it, or something, then it all feels fine.

WolvesRawk
01-15-2006, 10:25 PM
IF you have to question it, then just be friends. I've always gone on this philosophy in life: If my head screams YES or NO, then my answer is yes or no (according to which my head screams ;) ) If I'm hesitant in any way, then that is a NO as well since there's something holding me back from it being a YES. Soooo.... if your head is screaming MAYBE, then make it a no, because something inside you knows it should be a NO. Did that make any sense?
Catnapper's right you know. If you wanted to go out with him, you would know. If you have doubts, wait untill your sure he's ok. Friends are great to have, and if he's a good guy to go out with, you'll know. If not, he's bound to be a great friend.