PDA

View Full Version : UK PT'ers - BBC programme.....

kilbarchancats
01-14-2006, 08:49 PM
I have tried to find the link for this but it is not playing.......

anyone else watch this recently and in particular darling Harry cat and his heart surgery???

the darling boy seems to have survived surgery (and how many kisses would you smother him with???) but I sat in floods of tears seeing his owners concerned and upset about his surgery. Here's hoping his surgery and the success of it is permanent and he has many long and happy years. the vet in this programme is beyond a saint, he is just a hoomin idol

I always sit and bubble at these programmes... anything sad with people in it... naaahhhh, doesn't do it for me !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Randy_K
01-14-2006, 09:04 PM
The BBC One program is called "Super Vets" following Royal Veterinary College vets each week (Thursdays at 8:30 P.M.). Harry's surgery cost £10,000 (US$17,745) at the Queen Mother Hospital for Animals. There are video clips on the show's website but requires Macromedia's Flash Player software:

http://supervets.rvc.ac.uk/default.asp?section=103&page=332&subpage=246

kilbarchancats
01-14-2006, 09:08 PM
gosh, thanks for that Randy. But aren't these vets just SUPER as the name suggests....

Randy_K
01-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Harry sure seems to have benefited from their skill. Considering how small a cat's heart is, the successful surgery is amazing.

Laura's Babies
01-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Wow! That is one lucky baby!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-15-2006, 09:50 AM
There is a program on our tv, called "Vets in practise". I LOVE it!!!!

catmandu
01-15-2006, 12:51 PM
I only have the most basic cable possible,so I missed that show.I am so pleased that Harry is recovering and will be with his Loving Family very soon.
Thats a dedicated Cat Guardian,to spend that much,out of love.

Miss Z
01-15-2006, 04:09 PM
There is a program on our tv, called "Vets in practise". I LOVE it!!!!

Yes, i love that too!!!! They don't film it any more though, like 'Animal Hospital':( On ITV1 there's going to be that drama thing on soon called 'Wild at Heart', which is about a family that move to Africa and run some reserve or something... that looks so good, i'm gonna watch it;)

I've not seen that Super Vets thing, but i'll look out for it:)