PDA

View Full Version : Mamoo: the most beautiful woman I know

buckner
01-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Every night, my mom calls my grandmother (Mamoo) at 7:02pm because that's when the freetime starts. Thursday evening was nothing out of the ordinary. My mom was stressed because of work, went shopping, and when the time rolled around she was on her way home but that didn't stop my mom from calling her. Lots of conversation struck, my mom was at peace with a few things, and some things were said that needed to be said. To understand, you'll need to know my grandfather passed away July 17, 2004 leaving Mamoo and his three kids (plus grandkids and in-laws) behind. Mamoo was doing so well with it, and having a ball with us all. She had 6 cats in the house, and one of her sons was living with her, and she was never lonely or scared.

Well, around 8pm on Thursday evening, the doorbell rang. Mamoo asked my mom if she should get it, but they agreed that because Woody (my uncle who was living with her) wasn't home she'd just wait and not get it. It rang again, so she kept the phone off the hook with my mom still on it and went to see who it was. Mamoo kept all the doors locked (storm door locked, and the wooden doors triple locked by chains and bolts) and felt completely safe. She knew the person at the door, she told my mom "It's okay. It's one of the Anderson boys, he's run out of gas and he's thirsty. I'm going to get him a gas can and a glass of water." My mom asked if she was sure, and Mamoo responded "Oh yeh, it's okay, I'm sure." At this time, he wasn't in the house yet - she had talked to him through the door.

After this point, no one is for sure what happened. We all have our stories and thoughts, but the main thing is.... this man, and it's hard to justify calling him a MAN, but this person took Mamoo away from us. He murdered her in her own home a little after 8pm Thursday night. Because my mom was on the phone with her when the doorbell rang, we know who it was. However, my mom thought nothing of her being away from the phone for so long because Mamoo would've taken him to get some gas, and taken him to his car and made sure he got to where he needed to be. That's what kind of person she was.

At about 10pm, my mom called Woody asking if he knew any Anderson's and if they lived on the same street. She also said what was going on, and Woody called a friend/neighbor to come by and see what was going on. He called our friends Cathy and David, and they went over, saying they'd call us back in a few minutes to let us know. At about 11, we had heard nothing from them and we got really scared. Everyone who was going over was suddenly disappearing without a trace. My mom and I hopped in the car and I flew 90-95mph down the highway, trying to get us there as quickly as possible. No more than 20 minutes down the road, my aunt (Marty's wife, who is another uncle, my mom and Woody's brother) called and told us to pull off the highway. She informed us that someone had broken in, killed her, and that's all she knew.

As it had turned out, Cathy and David had pulled up the house and David (Mamoo's attorney) had an eerie feeling about the house, because some odd lights were on and curtains were pulled back.... things looked like a wreck. David and Cathy then called the police, and they came out. They had to break down the front door, and found Mamoo on her stomach/face, covered in blood. Cathy wanted to go in, but wasn't allowed to.. they knew it was a criminal case before they even entered the house. That's when at least 20-30 cops (state police and Harrodsburg police, along with detectives and the coroner, and the prosecutor) and EMS came to the house.

My mom was the key witness, she KNEW who was at the door. She knew who entered and murdered Mamoo. And because of that, the police were sent out IMMEDIATELY to find this SOB and arrest him. While still at the house, detectives and the "thinkers" were trying to figure out exactly what happened and how it went down. Lots of police were out on rooves, knocking on doors to ask questions, and looking in every square inch of the neighborhood for anything. They found the glass of water and the gas can on the front porch, meaning she opened the door to hand him these things and he forced himself inside. They also found a bloody fingerprint on the front door - the idiot left clear evidence of him being there. They found a towel he wiped off with on another street. They found all kinds of things. At this point, they were looking for him and looking for the weapon.

The only room he had raided was her bedroom, he was high on Crystal Meth and was looking for some quick cash. He was looking for anything of any value. He obviously didn't find a lot, because yesterday when we got to go in to get some clothes for Mamoo to wear, I went and dug up the "loot". Mamoo told my mom, and a few close friends, that if anything happened to her, that I'd know where to look for everything. And I did. And this guy didn't. He did walk away with no more than $50 cash, a gold coin on a chain, and possibly a little something else. They have him on video tape at Kroger cashing in coins to get dollar bills, and they found the gold coin on a chain in his pocket. Yes, that means they FOUND this guy. About 8 hours after he murdered Mamoo, he was sleeping in a hotel room, with the tv on, in his bloody jeans, with the jewelry in his pocket. How dumb can this guy be?

But Kroger had him on videotape; he threw more evidence on the top of the machine - it was a box from Mamoo's house that he tossed coins into. They've also shut down the machine, and found quarters and other coins with blood on them. They're testing the coins as we speak. They also found the knife in a dumpster at a local gas station, wrapped up in his tshirt covered in Mamoo's blood.

What I don't understand is this guy. How is $300 worth of "stuff" worth the life of my MAMOO?! I would've given him everything I had, Mamoo would've given him everything she had. But why did he had to hurt her?! Why did have to kill her?! I don't get it.

The only peace I have is knowing that Mamoo is now with Dandy (my grandfather who died in 2004). She missed him so much, and they were lifelong and eternal soulmates, and knowing they're finally back together brings some comfort. But that doesn't stop me from wishing she hadn't been taken in such a brutal way.

Unfortunately, this guy is only 17 years old. We can try him as an adult, and he WILL suffer in jail. But he likely won't get the death penalty because he's a minor, even though we are trying him as an adult. I know it's wrong, but I hope he does get the death penalty... after 30-or-so years of true, hardcore prison life.

Mamoo was more than everything to me. She was my best friend. I have very close relationships with my family, and I can honestly say my mom, my dad, and Mamoo are my best friends. My mom, Mamoo, and I called ourselves The Three Awesome Chicks... because we were. I loved going to her house, I loved spending every moment I could with her. She was such a loving and giving character. She'd share anything with anybody. She'd do anything for anybody. She was never selfish, or rude, or mean, or anything of the like. She was Mamoo and she was perfect. She was beautiful in every aspect - physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. She was a role model to everyone who knew her, no one had nothing but kind words to say about her.

My entire family is at a loss of words about this. We're all so hurt, lost, and confused... but we also show deep anger and hatred towards the person who did this. The only problem is that we're all very faithful and strong Christians, and we all know it's not "right" to have these angry feelings towards this man, but it's not stopping us. Please pray for us... we could use any kind words, thoughts, or prayers you have for us. We don't know what we're going to do, but we know that if we stick together as a family, we'll get through this. We're taking it one day at a time, and that's all we can expect to do.

Thank you in advance for any prayers or thoughts you send along. Anything will be special and meaningful to me, even if you're not religious.

I'm attaching a few links to the news stories found in a couple of the nearby/local newspapers.

Teen Charged in Murder of Harrodsburg Woman (http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=18766&format=html)
Murder Victim Respected by Students and Staff, say friends (http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=18764&format=html)
Breaking News: Harrodsburg Murder Suspect Named (http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=18769&format=html)

Here are two pictures from February, 2005 at a 25 year reunion of the 1980 NCAA Championship team - the Louisville Cardinals. My uncle played on that team (some basketball fanatics might know who he is or any of the other teammates). The first one is of my crazy uncle Marty and Mamoo. The second is of her in our hotel room.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/roofuspantsx2/MamooMarty1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/roofuspantsx2/Mamoo1.jpg

She was such a wonderful woman and I know her spirit will live on forever.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-14-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm so sorry.
((hugs))

Russian Blue
01-14-2006, 07:42 PM
After reading your post and the links you attached I'm stunned. I am so sorry for you and your family. :( Your Mamoo was a wonderful women and you are very fortunate to have had her in your life and now carry such fond memories. Keep them close to your heart and she will always be with you.

Random acts of violence like this can never be understood. Your life, and everyone that is attached to this event will lead very different lives from this point forward because of this one senseless action. Plus, I don't think it's unreasonable to be angry, upset, confused and every emotion inbetween that right now. Your life has been turned upside down and the comfort of your family surroundings have been broken.

You say in your post:

"She was such a loving and giving character. She'd share anything with anybody. She'd do anything for anybody. She was never selfish, or rude, or mean, or anything of the like. She was Mamoo and she was perfect. She was beautiful in every aspect - physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. She was a role model to everyone who knew her, no one had nothing but kind words to say about her."

The best way to honour her life is to reflect her spirit and character in your actions going forward. Keep her wonderful spirit and human compassion alive since the world now has lost another bright soul.

My heart goes out to you and your family.
:(

Alysser
01-14-2006, 07:44 PM
I am so sorry for you! :(

Roxyluvsme13
01-14-2006, 07:54 PM
At this moment I am like bawling. That is so awful, and I'm terribly sorry. Many prayers and hugs to you and your family. But Always remember your Mamoo will always be with you watching over you.(((HUGS)))

CagneyDog
01-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Oh my god :( I'm in tears, I don't even know what to say. This is so awful. I am so sorry :(

What a sick, disgusting person.

{{hugs}}

Karen
01-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Oh, sweetheart, that's so, so so, so sad. She's in heaven now, though, at least she's reunited with your Grandad. I know you will miss her terribly, but she died being a good person trying to help someone she thought needed help.

I do hope the "kid" is tried as an adult.

Her wonderful, generous spirit lives on in your mom, you, and everyone whose life she had touched. Your whole family will be in our prayers.

Felix
01-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh my heart goes out to you.Im so sorry to hear.Thoughts and prayer are with you at this time

chocolatepuppy
01-14-2006, 08:29 PM
OMG, how horrible. :( I'm so sorry for you and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. {hugs}

luvofallhorses
01-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Omg, that is terrible. I am sorry you all have to go through this. :(
((((hugs))))) My thoughts and prayers are with you. Again, I am so sorry. :(

Daisy and Delilah
01-14-2006, 09:34 PM
OMG. I have no idea how you feel right now. I can only imagine. This is horrible. God love you for being able to write about your beloved Mamoo during this difficult time. I am so sorry I just don't know what else to say. I hope justice is served here even though it will never bring this dear woman back. God Bless you and your family sweetie. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Rest in Peace Mamoo :( :( :(

Laura's Babies
01-14-2006, 10:04 PM
I had a friend that was murdered a few years ago and it was my baby brother, a policeman that helped me the most. He told me he deals with such horror every day in his regular duties as a policeman and CSI man. The thing about "druggies" is, when they are on drugs, my brother said, the have NO mother, NO father, NO brother, NO sister, NO friends and anyone who stands in the way of what they want (getting drugs) is just a obstical in their way to get rid of. That is what you Mamoo was to him, just a obstical that was in the way of him getting his drugs. The drugs RULE his life, that is all he sees, all he wants and all he thinks about.

I do not understand and don't think I ever will, WHY anybody would do that to themselves and do drugs that first time, knowing they are throwing their life away and are going to loose everything they care about and could end up killing someone who has loved them all their life and not care one bit about taking that life.

I am so sorry for your loss, such a wonderful person to be taken away long before their time, leaving so many love ones who will miss them. The pain your whole family must be going through from this has to be awful. My heart goes out to you and your family. That was a beautiful tribute to her you wrote.

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

I_luv_rusty
01-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Omg. I'm so sorry! :( :eek:

shais_mom
01-14-2006, 10:26 PM
I have goosebumps. I am so sorry for your tragic loss.

Uabassoon
01-14-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm just speechless. I wish I had some wise or comforting words to offer, but I'm just so shocked by this that I don't know what to say. Please know that you and your family will be in my thoughts.

Jessika
01-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Oh, my God. I want to cry after reading that. I feel like I've lost somebody myself. Who could DO something like that to such a wonderful woman?? I'm so glad he was caught. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!!!!

popcornbird
01-15-2006, 12:17 AM
OMG...:(:eek::( How awful. How tragic. How heartless can some evil people be? I can't even begin to imagine the pain of your family at this time. Never will I be able to comprehend how some people of the human race can kill an innocent, sweet person. I am so sorry this has happened to your grandmother. I can't imagine your pain and grief and anger at this time. May this evil teen rot in hell. :( I'm in tears after reading this post. Hugs to you, Buckner.

Almita
01-15-2006, 12:41 AM
omg i'm so sorry! It makes me want to cry. I;m sorry you had to go through all this! We love you! [[[hugs]]]

Nomilynn
01-15-2006, 02:55 AM
You and your family are in my prayers, and I am so, so sorry.

jenluckenbach
01-15-2006, 05:17 AM
Prayers for you and your family. I am so sorry that you need to deal with such a nightmare. :( RIP Mamoo.

Sudilar
01-15-2006, 06:41 AM
I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face. There are no words that I can find to tell you how sorry I am for your entire family. My heart goes out to you.
Hugs.

.sarah
01-15-2006, 07:10 AM
I am at a loss for words. I'll be thinking of you and your family. I hope this guy gets what he deserves.

moosmom
01-15-2006, 07:14 AM
I am SO sorry for your tragic loss. Such a wonderful woman taken so early by a scumbag drug addict. Please accept my condolences. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope they put this piece of garbage away for the rest of his life for what he did.

RIP sweet Mamoo. :(

4 Dog Mother
01-15-2006, 09:07 AM
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mamoo. It is so hard to lose a member of your family but to have them killed by some '"high" teen has to be terrible - and the fact that she knew him. How terrible! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Ginger's Mom
01-15-2006, 10:43 AM
I am so sorry for your loss in this tragic and heartbreaking way. Thank you so much for sharing a little of this wonderful woman with us Hugs and prayers going out for you and your entire family.

Chica
01-15-2006, 11:09 AM
I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU LOST SUCH A WONDERFULL PERSON IN YOUR LIFE!!! I will send my prayers for you and your family.

Cataholic
01-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Like everyone else, I am stunned beyond belief. What a horrible, horrible tragedy. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

pipersmom
01-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Nothing is harder than losing someone in a sudden, violent way such as this. I know, because my brother was murdered 10 years ago.

It sounds as if your grandmother's was a life well-lived and that she knew lots of love in this world.

I will pray for comfort and peace for you and your family and may the your sweet grandmother rest in eternal peace.

You will see her again, and may you find at least a small sense of comfort in that. I am so very sorry for this tragedy.

God Bless you and your entire family and all who knew your wonderful Mamoo.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-15-2006, 12:49 PM
What a horrible story.... and what a horrible thing to happen to such a sweet person!! I am so glad that this guy is already caught, because he is extremely dangerous to all people!! I also hope he will get punished as an adult! He was 17 yes, but everybody knows that this murder is to horrible for words!!
I am so sorry for your family and for you special. I surely wish she didn't suffer to long.... :( :(

Poo
01-15-2006, 01:04 PM
I am so sorry, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family :(

Nicki x

Edwina's Secretary
01-15-2006, 01:15 PM
I am so very sorry for your tragic loss. Somethings just aren't fair....

My thoughts are with you and your family.....

sandragonfly
01-15-2006, 01:18 PM
oh, my gosh.. this isn't so fair. not to one of our friends!! your dearest mamoo was worth way more than $300! :mad:/:( now that little how-could-he is caught and I hope he suffers somehow too. I feel so useless to say anything more but please know you (and everyone) are definitely in my deepest thoughts and sympathy forever!

((((hugs as long as you need them)))).. :(

Kfamr
01-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Sara, I am beyond shock. What an absolutely disgusting thing for someone to do. It reminds me of a horror movie.

I am so sorry for you and your family. I will be thinking of you all.

{{HUGS}}
Kay

LoudLou
01-15-2006, 01:26 PM
I have no words to express how sad and deeply sorry I am that you and your family are going through this.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

QueenScoopalot
01-15-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm so sorry your Mamoo was taken from your lives in such a senseless way. :( Your post told us of a woman that any of us would have loved to have in our lives, and for her to be murdered like that is heartwrenching. I sure hope that kid doesn't get a slap on the wrist for such a heinous crime. May she rest in peace, and may your family find the strength to get through this awful ordeal.

sandragonfly
01-18-2006, 12:40 AM
you have not been forgotten by me.. I know you probably still need some time away from this site but I've been thinking how are you hanging in there. . . I hope you will come back soon.

(((more hugs))) and don't forget to take care of yourself! :)

poofy
01-18-2006, 09:08 AM
What a sad thing to happen to any one..and im so sorry it happened at all..
My heart goes out to you and your family..

ramanth
01-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Sara, I am so very sorry for you and your families loss. :( :( So tragic and so not fair.

I can only imagine the pain and shock.

I too have a grandma that lives alone and if anything ever happened to her, I just don't know what I'd do.

*HUGS*

JenBKR
01-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Oh my gosh how awful! I'm sitting here at work crying. (((hugs))) I am so sorry that you have to go through this tragedy. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I understand how you feel about not wanted to hate this 'man' because of you faith, but God understands. Turn to Him and ask for help. Please let us know what happens with his trial.

Jadapit
01-18-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm so very sorry! Losing a beloved grandparent is hard enough but losing one that way I can not even imagine. :( You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Van10
01-18-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a loved one in such a violent manner, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

<<<hugs>>>

Anita Cholaine
01-18-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm really sorry, sara... :( After reading this, I'm speechless, but I can say that I'm sure that your Mamoo is in Heaven with your granpa now...

God bless you and your family... ****HUGS****