PDA

View Full Version : My Friend Cat Needs Prayers

krazyaboutkatz
01-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Hi, I just found out last night that my friend Cat has Guillian-Barre Sydrome (http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/gbs/detail_gbs.htm).The last time I saw her was shortly after Thanksgiving and she was doing well and feeling great. The next week she got the flu so she went to the doctor but they couldn't do anything. By the next week she was vomiting so much that she couldn't keep anything down. She went back again and they gave her some anti-nausea medicine. By the third week she was still very weak and while taking a bath she noticed that she couldn't speak correctly. Her face had become paralized. :eek:

She called her mom and then she rushed her to the ER. She thought that she had a stroke but that wasn't the case. They gave her some more meds and released her. She was also in a lot of pain and couldn't sleep. The meds didn't help so her mom took her back to the ER and demanded that they do some tests. The doctor on call was ready to release her again but her mom wouldn't let them. They tested her reflexes and nothing happened. They asked her to close her eyes and she couldn't because she couldn't feel her eyelids. They finally did a spinal tap and found out that she has guillian-barre syndrome. :( It's so rare that only 1 in every 100,000 people get it.

A lady that lives in her condo complex has a boyfriend that also had this and it took him about 1 year to recover from it. Please send some prayers and positive thoughts her way. She was such an active and social person and also has 3 cats of her own. The doctor told her that it will be at least a few months before she begins to feel better. She only just started to be able to sleep well during the night because she's still experiencing severe pain.Thanks in advance.

lisalee
01-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Many prayers being sent out to your friend Cat.

Daisy and Delilah
01-14-2006, 04:57 PM
What a shame. I'm sending thoughts and prayers out immediately :(

Laura's Babies
01-14-2006, 10:13 PM
WOW! Just when you thought you had heard of everything! Prayers sent for Cat! Tell her to hang in there, we are pulling for her!