PDA

View Full Version : OMG, my hubby rescued a kitty!!!!!! Big news!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-14-2006, 06:46 AM
Last evening, my hubby brought something very special home: a little kitten!!
This is how he met her:
He had a dinner meeting with clients. When he parked his car, he heard a loud meow, coming from the bushes. He went closer and saw this little one. He petted her and then went to that meeting. When he came back to his car about 2,5 hours later, the kitten was still there, and was meowing even louder. He took her in his arms and gave her a piece of a cookie. She ate it within a second! Then he noticed she had a weird frontleg. He put her back on the ground and investigated in that neighbourhood and in the restaurant. Nobody knew her, so she must have been abandoned there earlier. He asked for a box, and brought her home!! I was so surprise when he came home and put that little bundle of fur in my arms!!!
Here is a pic of her:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/Snoopy1.jpg

She is such a sweetie!! She purrs like an engine!! So...... we have found her a cute name: SNOOPY

Her right frontleg isn't normal. It looks more like a piggie-paw...! Here is a close pic of it
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy4.jpg

When she walks around, she does it on 3 legs; she uses that paw when she plays. I have an appointment with our vet at 2.45 pm! I hope she is healthy! I canned see any wounds or fleas. She is very tiny though. When we gave her food and drink the first time, she ate and drank as if she hadn't gotten anything for more than a week :eek:

I will write more later. Here are some more pics! And yes, she was introduced to the others already! It is amazing how sweet they all reacted!! i am so thrilled!!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy3.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-14-2006, 06:46 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy5.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy6.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy7.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy8.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy9.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy10.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy2.jpg

kilbarchancats
01-14-2006, 06:52 AM
awwww what a sweet heart, that little one is absolutely adorable. what a sad story though, I mean who could abandon a kitten like that with no thought, but thankfully a happy ending. Hope all goes well at the vets and Max, Candy and Tom look forward to seeing loads more pictures of the cutie pie. and a NAME too - how exciting!!! :D :D

catnapper
01-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Oh my! What a beauty! And her little paw just adds to her beauty. Good luck at the vets. It also looks like the ladies of the house were accepting her right off the bat.

Sounds as if you now have a 4th kitty? ;) Just think, a few months ago, you were a two kitty family! :p

moosmom
01-14-2006, 07:18 AM
You have succeeded in making me cry first thing this morning even before my first cup of coffee!! What a precious little thing she is!!! And that husband of yours!!! WOW!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for saving that little girl.

HUGE (((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Donna

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-14-2006, 07:27 AM
OH BOY!!!

Snoopy is just the cutest little thing! a BIG HUG to your hubby for bringing her home!!!!

I JUST LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see more pictures of her...... give her a BIG KITTY KISS for me please!!! :D

smokey the elder
01-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Paw applause to your husband for rescuing that little mite! She's such a cutie pie. I've never seen a paw like that.

anna_66
01-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Lut, she is adorable! And that husband of yours is fantastic for bringing her in!
I'm sure she's going to fit into your family just fine:D

Cincy'sMom
01-14-2006, 08:39 AM
What a sweet little girl!! She's a beauty!

kittylover4ever
01-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Lut, she is adorable! And that husband of yours is fantastic for bringing her in!
I'm sure she's going to fit into your family just fine:D

I was just going to say that........what a great guy to bring her home........give her lots of scritches from me and TTP & B! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-14-2006, 08:48 AM
News from the vet

Her general condition is fine; she didn't get food since a few days, so that is why she is so hungry and thirsty. She is about 12 weeks old, and weighs 1 kilo. She has to go back for x-rays of her chest. I hope it is okay, but her chestbone is cleaved (split) over 2 cm, and you can actually feel her heart beat! We will wait and see. Let's hope it is not a bad sign :( !!
She didn't pee or poo yet, but that is because she didn't get anything for a while...!
I love her already, she stole my heart in a split of a second!!! :) :) :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-14-2006, 08:49 AM
I was just going to say that........what a great guy to bring her home........give her lots of scritches from me and TTP & B! :)

LOL!! Is a few kisses okay too? My nails are to short, and he prefers kisses ;) :p

Craftlady
01-14-2006, 08:49 AM
What a sweetheart of a kitty :)
Bless your hubby for rescuing her. :)

kittylover4ever
01-14-2006, 08:55 AM
LOL!! Is a few kisses okay too? My nails are to short, and he prefers kisses ;) :p

Oh you bet......scritches, kisses.........either way! :)

Laura's Babies
01-14-2006, 09:23 AM
:eek: OH MY GOD! What a wonderful little blessing that was put in your husbands path last night! She is adoreable and to cute for words. She would melt anybodys heart. She needed a really special Mommie and Daddy and fur siblings and God made sure she got just the most purfect one he could find for her.

I have always said, He puts them where He wants them to be because He has pre-selected the home He wants them to have. She was sent to you for you to cherish and to love and God knew you would do the right job with his little creature. You have been BLESSED! She will bring you much love and companionship and teach you many lessons. Many thanks to your husband for not walking away from this wonderful blessing!

sirrahbed
01-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Oh my Lut! Snoopy is a little dollbaby :D Bernard is such a sweetheart for rescuing her and bringing her home to a warm, safe and happy house with a terrific Meowmie. She sure did Meow at the right man :)

Catty1
01-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Please keep us posted...hopefully her chestbone can maybe be surgically repaired when she is a bit older and stronger.

What a sweetie! I wonder if some idiot thought her foot was 'cloven' and Satanic and threw her out!

HUGS to Snoopy, and what a wonderful husband you have.

moosmom
01-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Lut,

Please be sure and give that wonderful, caring husband of yours a great big SMOOCH for a job well done!! ;)

Barbara
01-14-2006, 10:14 AM
What a cutie pie. It looks as if someboday abandones here for being a special need kitty. So glad your husband rescued her.

jazzcat
01-14-2006, 10:30 AM
She's adorable Lut! What a wonderful husband you have!

I hope her health issues will be okay. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way. Did the vet say anything about her foot or how it may do as she grows?

kuhio98
01-14-2006, 10:33 AM
This is such good news! Snoopy is a sweetheart. I just love her little "hoof" paw! Please give it lots of kisses and smooches from me. It looks like the bones are fused together into 2 big toes. I hope she can walk on it without pain. As for her breast plate, I helped raise funds for a kitty named Indya who had a similar problem. The surgery was $900 but Indya is still going strong and is finally growing (she was very small like Snoopy) at first. Please keep us posted. :D

wolflady
01-14-2006, 10:50 AM
:eek: OH MY GOD! What a wonderful little blessing that was put in your husbands path last night! She is adoreable and to cute for words. She would melt anybodys heart. She needed a really special Mommie and Daddy and fur siblings and God made sure she got just the most purfect one he could find for her.

I have always said, He puts them where He wants them to be because He has pre-selected the home He wants them to have. She was sent to you for you to cherish and to love and God knew you would do the right job with his little creature. You have been BLESSED! She will bring you much love and companionship and teach you many lessons. Many thanks to your husband for not walking away from this wonderful blessing!

I agree! :D What a precious little gift she is, and what a wonderful man your husband is for rescuing her. I hope everything turns out ok with her chestbone. Please keep us posted. She is just a doll!

**hugs**

caseysmom
01-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Okay thats it I am flying over to steal your hubby...first the gardening now he is a hero and save poor kitties!

Seriously she is adorable and he surely saved her from death, bless all of you.

Randi
01-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Oh Lut, what a cutie pie she is!! Bernard is such a star for rescuing her! :) :) I hope the vet can fix her chestbone - oh poor little girl, how could that have happened - and how could anyone leave her there on the parking lot! :( :mad:

I love the name you gave her - and I love that she is being accepted by Maya, Inka and Zazou. :)

Please update us on how she getting on! :)

momcat
01-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Bernard is, without question, a hero in my book!!! Such compassion and caring for a kitty in need. Snoopy (great name) is simply beyond adorable, who could resist that sweet little face.Such a lucky little kitty to have found a home where she'll have love and caring in abundance. And to be accepted so readily by Maya, Inka, and Zazou is definitely a positive sign. Please give Bernard a big hug of thanks! Looking forward to hearing and seeing more pictures of your new fuzzy little bundle of joy!

AlleyCat
01-14-2006, 11:28 AM
What a cutie pie! And kudos to your hubby for bringing her home! I surely hope that the cleaved chest is nothing serious - at least nothing that needs to be repaired - and that she'll be just fine. Keep us posted !!!

Glacier
01-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Oh, she is precious! How fortunate for all of you that your hubby was there to save her!

I was reading about that kind of foot the other day. It's a variation of polydactalism. I'll try to find the page again for you.

Karen
01-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Give Bernard a biiiiig hug from all of Pet Talk for paying attention his those meows - though we know he is well trained in such things by Maya and Inka - and for bringing her home! What a sweetie pie - we'll be waiting for the vet's report with you, hoping she'll be okay!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-14-2006, 12:38 PM
we'll be waiting for the vet's report with you, hoping she'll be okay!

The first report is here, in post 11, but here is a copy ;)
News from the vet

Her general condition is fine; she didn't get food since a few days, so that is why she is so hungry and thirsty. She is about 12 weeks old, and weighs 1 kilo. She has to go back for x-rays of her chest. I hope it is okay, but her chestbone is cleaved (split) over 2 cm, and you can actually feel her heart beat! We will wait and see. Let's hope it is not a bad sign !!
She didn't pee or poo yet, but that is because she didn't get anything for a while...!
I love her already, she stole my heart in a split of a second!!!

Here are 4 more pics! What a sweety she is!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy11.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy12.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy13.jpg

on Bernard's belly, together with sis Maya
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoopy14.jpg

kimlovescats
01-14-2006, 12:50 PM
First of all, give Bernard a big kiss from me!!!! What a miracle that she found him that night!!!! :D

Secondly, who in the world could throw that precious baby outside just because of her little pawsie being different! :mad: Well, their loss is definitely your gain!

I am glad that she got a good first check-up at the vet and I pray that the x-ray shows no major concerns either!

She is absolutely ADORABLE ... just look at that face and those brown eyes!!! Better be glad Catnapper didn't see her first!!! :eek: :D

Kim

sandragonfly
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
of course, first thought is pet talk? where you gotta share news/flashes!! :cool:

oh I thank your hubby! and for god sending snoopy over to meow by bernad's car and for you to feed, guard, love & keep her... aren't you thinking to? ;)

welcome little one, snoopy! fuzzy hoofie, you're just as special as many of us and so glad you were under the bushes at a right time, waiting for a good furrever home!!

that picture of snoopy snuggling in your arms, I would just do the same!! AWWW. can you bring belgium over here please.. :D

maya, inka, zazou and snoopy getting along are just the greatest thing I heard!! I too pray for her cleaved, hoping she's not in pain at all -- finish what you start and we'll be waiting!! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif

Edwina's Secretary
01-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Oh Lut! What a precious, precious thing she is! And so smart too...having found the perfect man to take her to her perfect home!

kb2yjx
01-14-2006, 02:48 PM
OK, I just wiped the tears from my eyes, cleared my throat, and blew my nose, WHAT A STORY!!! WHAT A HUSBAND!!! He went above and beyond the call of rescue!! St. Francis is extremely proud!! Lut, you and the kitties have trained him well to have done something wonderful like this!!! You definitely were meant to have this special kitten, just look how the older cats seem to have accepted the little one!! Barry(my husband)has always said that our cats "come" to us, and in your case, it certainly was so true!!! Much happiness with the new little girl!!

G535
01-14-2006, 02:53 PM
What a story to start off Sunday morning (7:55AM)! She's certainly a lovely kitten, hope the vet reports are all good. :)

jenluckenbach
01-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Wow, Lut, what exciting news. She is adorable!! :D

buttercup132
01-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Awww what a sweetheart. lol her name should be piglett or something to match her paw.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Awww what a sweetheart. lol her name should be piglett or something to match her paw.

LOL! That was what my son suggested too. But why emphasize her handicap? I prefer to call her SNOOPY, which means "little treat" (Snoepie) in Dutch!!

Yes, my hubby is well trained :D . He didn't like cats at all when we got married! Now he LOVES cats!! Little Snoopy sure melted his heart right away :) . No no, he is NOT available, he is MINE :p :p

Uabassoon
01-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Aww Snoopy is adorable! That so wonderful of your husband the rescue her and bring her home to you :D I'll be sending prayers that everything comes out ok with those x-rays.

catnapper
01-14-2006, 04:12 PM
LOL! That was what my son suggested too. But why emphasize her handicap? I prefer to call her SNOOPY, which means "little treat" (Snoepie) in Dutch!!

Thats how I felt about the name Flutter- I felt it accentuated her half leg.

I am pulling for this little one and hope and pray that the chest thing is no big deal! Prayers and fingers crossed from over here in the USA.

krazyaboutkatz
01-14-2006, 04:41 PM
She's adorable!!! :D I hope that she'll be fine and it sure looks like she's already been accepted by her 3 older sisters. You sure have a wonderful husband. :)

orangemm
01-14-2006, 05:36 PM
I can't add anything else to what everyone has said, but your husband is a SAINT! That darling little girl is so lucky that she picked the right car and the right man!!!

Snoopy is beautiful and she is surely a gift from God.

Hugs to your sweet hubby and lots of scritches to Snoopy!!! :) :) :)

catmandu
01-14-2006, 05:38 PM
We are Praying that you will say that this is Your Number Four Cat,as there is no where on Earth that Snoopy will find a Better Furr Ever Home,with three Potential Mommy Cats to look after Him,Snoopy has found Cat Paradise.

CathyBogart
01-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Oh my, she just fit right in, didn't she? Snoopy, you are one lucky baby! Thanks for keeping us posted, paws crossed that the chest X-rats don't reveal anything serious.

Laura's Babies
01-14-2006, 06:22 PM
I forgot and nobody else mentioned it yet... Better warn the little doll that she is NOW a PET TALK baby and will have to endure being photographed for her fans, be able to recieve gifts from her fans and accept prayers and well wishes from us as well. Let her know we do not care if her little pawsie is different, it is that sweet little face that stole our hearts and ANY cosmetic differance she has is blinded by our love for her.

(I am so thrilled by her being found that I have been back here off and on to sneak more peeks at her.)

kilbarchancats
01-14-2006, 07:27 PM
LOL! Yes, my hubby is well trained :D . He didn't like cats at all when we got married! Now he LOVES cats!! Little Snoopy sure melted his heart right away :) .

Heheheee clever clever Mommy and kitties -!!!! Funnily enough I never used to be a cat person - now give me them over people every day

little snoopy honey has melted my heart from a-furr so your family's hearts must just about need wiping off of the floor!!!

give that sweetheart a big kissy kiss fromme please xxx

shais_mom
01-14-2006, 10:24 PM
I can't add anything either but great big hugs to HUBBY and YOU for taking in this sweet one!
She picked a good family!

Craftlady
01-14-2006, 10:49 PM
4 kilos? What is that in pounds?
I dont know the kilo to pound conversion :)
She is adorable :)

Uabassoon
01-14-2006, 10:58 PM
What is that in pounds?

She said that Snoopy was 1 Kilo, that would be about 2.2 lbs.

Craftlady
01-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Her photos make her look little heavier. I would of never guessed 2 1/2 lbs.

Flatcoatluver
01-14-2006, 11:25 PM
omg what a sweet story, she was so lucky to be meowing at that time. just love her paw and she is so beutiful. I think snoopy is such a cute name!
I'm like crying because this is such a beutiful story

Catty1
01-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Had to post again...looked again at the pics...she is just the SWEETEST little kitty-face I have ever seen! And how incredible that she has instant big sisters!

Crossing my fingers for good updates from the vet!

luvofallhorses
01-15-2006, 12:07 AM
she's beautiful! :) hopefully everything will be fine as far as her health goes. :) Bless your hubby's heart for taking that poor sweetie in! :)

Killearn Kitties
01-15-2006, 02:18 AM
What a beautiful little kitten! How could your husband possible have resisted that face! Well done, Bernard. :D

All fingers and paws will be crossed here for your new little one.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-15-2006, 04:48 AM
We are Praying that you will say that this is Your Number Four Cat,as there is no where on Earth that Snoopy will find a Better Furr Ever Home,with three Potential Mommy Cats to look after Him,Snoopy has found Cat Paradise.

He he Gary, as far I am concerned, Snoopy IS my number 4 cat!! That cutie isn't going anywhere anymore :D :)
The cats will need an extra litterbox now :) ! Believe it or not, but Friday I bought a new catbed and a new scratch-tower! He he, it is as if little Snoopy had booked a room already ;) ;)

orangemm
01-15-2006, 04:50 AM
Time to change your title, too!!! :D :D :D :D

What a wonderful family!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-15-2006, 05:42 AM
Time to change your title, too!!! :D :D :D :D

!!!

Great idea!!

Is DONE now :D

K & L
01-15-2006, 06:45 AM
I'm just now reading all of this and am so excited for you. We're getting company next weekend for a week so we've so busy preparing. I can't wait to hear all the updates. She's just precious and so is your hubby for rescuing her!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
I just created a new signature, including Snoopy!!
Now, who is still in doubt if she is a keeper or not :confused: :D :p

Oh , about her weight, it is only 1 kg, which is no more than a few orangies!! 1 kg = 2.205pounds

Abby&Buddy'sMom
01-15-2006, 07:06 AM
What a wonderful husband you have for saving that sweet little kitty!! She is now "home" where she will always belong :) All your cats are so very precious , as I always enjoy seeing their beautiful pictures. Tell your husband "Thank You" for a deed very well done , as most people would have just turned their back and left that little kitty right where she was.

auggie
01-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks to your wonderful husband for rescuing this precious little girl.
She could not have found a better home.
Lut, your cats are absolutely amazing to welcome the new baby without any squabbles.
Is she staying at the vets right now?
Prayers sent, that her chest x-rays don’t reveal anything serious.

kb2yjx
01-15-2006, 09:11 AM
I had to laugh when I read that your husband did not like cats!!! I was the same way!! If it was not for Barry who suggested we get a cat(if you could have seen the look he got!!)when we found out we had been invaded by field mice in our Bridgewater home in 1988, we would not have any cats!!! Miss BooBoo Kitty reached out of the cage at the shelter and tapped me on the shoulder, and that was that! By the way, Boo NEVER went into the basement, but she did catch a mouse in 1992 in the kitchen!! I think if I had not listened to Barry what a dull and empty life I would have had!! The cats in my life have enriched it so, and look at all the new friends I have because of them!!
Keep the Snoopy updates and photos coming!!!

Vermontcat
01-15-2006, 09:17 AM
What wonderful news!
Snoopy is a very lucky kitty that your husband found her.
She is going to have the best home ever!
Congratulations on the new addition to your family. :)

Rie Rie
01-15-2006, 11:53 AM
AWWW!!! She has the sweetest little face, you can see the sweetness all over it. Will be praying that she has a great check up.

lizbud
01-15-2006, 12:21 PM

I like your thinking on this. :) Welcome Snoopy. :D

I hope the Vet does not find anything life threatning with the chest xrays.
She is a precious little one.This is just wonderful news. :)

momcat
01-15-2006, 12:52 PM
I forgot and nobody else mentioned it yet... Better warn the little doll that she is NOW a PET TALK baby and will have to endure being photographed for her fans, be able to recieve gifts from her fans and accept prayers and well wishes from us as well. Let her know we do not care if her little pawsie is different, it is that sweet little face that stole our hearts and ANY cosmetic differance she has is blinded by our love for her.

(I am so thrilled by her being found that I have been back here off and on to sneak more peeks at her.)
Laura, You're absolutely right! Snoopy IS a PT kitty now with all the rights and privleges that go with it. PT is already in love with this adorable sweetheart and her paw just makes us love her that much more! Welcome, Snoopy!
And what do you say, fellow PT'ers... three cheers for our hero, Bernard.....
MEOW!!! MEOW!!! MEOW!!!

Poo
01-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Snoopy is adorable. Bless you both for giving this kitty a great new home.

Nicki x

catland
01-15-2006, 01:29 PM
congratulations :D

QueenScoopalot
01-15-2006, 01:49 PM
LUT SHE'S BEYOND ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) I'm so glad that your hubby found her and brought that special little girl home for you. :D It sure looks like a birth defect that has not only affected her leg, but her chest as well. :( I'm sure that www.messybeast.com will have information about her conditions, but for some obscure reason it isn't letting me go to that site right now! :confused: Please give that sweet Snoopy extra kisses from me and my special gang. ;)

Angie
01-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Awww like everyone else I love your story and your new kitty is so cute. I hope the vet has good news when you get the xrays done.

wolf_Q
01-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk and welcome home, Snoopy! She sure is a cutie and couldn't have found a better home! :)

lisalee
01-15-2006, 03:49 PM
OMG! She is absolutely adorable!! :D What a precious little baby and such a happy ending to this story. Bless your husband, such a wonderful man for rescuing this precious angel. Snoopy looks soooo happy now! :)

rg_girlca
01-15-2006, 04:46 PM
OMG!!!! Lut, little Snoopy is absolutely A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!
I have never seen a more sweeter face and those big eyes of hers just melt my heart.

BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU BERNARD for doing the right thing and bringing this precious little one home to love and care for.

Lut, you said that she walk on 3 legs, but plays on all fours. Did the vet say anything about her leg? Does she seem to be in pain? Oh I hope not.

Big time prayers on the way that the problem with her chestbone isn't anything too serious. Poor sweet baby. How anyone could abandoned any kitten or cat is just beyond me.

I showed my hubby Snoopy's pictures and read the story to him and asked him if he would do the same thing by bringing her home and he said YES he would. :D Such a good cat daddy. :) (Got him well trained. But don't tell him that.)

Laura's Babies
01-15-2006, 05:28 PM
The cats will need an extra litterbox now ! Believe it or not, but Friday I bought a new catbed and a new scratch-tower! He he, it is as if little Snoopy had booked a romm already

Have I not warned all of you that God does work in mysterious ways??

He already had her home picked out for her FRIDAY!!

Does anyone else need proof that she is a gift from God sent to that home (and us)?

momoffuzzyfaces
01-15-2006, 05:32 PM
:D Aw! How adorable!!! Who could abandon that sweetie?
Welcome to Pet Talk sweet Snoopy! :D

mistyandabby
01-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Ahh that is so special that you took the baby in. Glad some one has a heart there is so many bad people out there it is good to hear a good story.

prechrswife
01-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Goodness...Go out of town for a couple of days and look what happens! ;) She is too cute. Congratulations on your new little doll. :D

Pembroke_Corgi
01-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Snoopy is such a cutie- it really seems like it was "meant to be." I hope everything goes alright with her xrays. Congratulations! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-16-2006, 03:10 AM
UPDATE
First of all: thank you everybody for welcoming my newbie Snoopy!!

I just dropped my little girl off at the vet's. It is unbelievable how hard this was to do. That little furball is only here since Friday night, and already it hurts like hell to leave her there.... :( . He he, even my 3 other cats are looking for Snoopy; Maya checked all the cat-beds and hidy-holes, but no use. Now she is standing here by my side, meowing softly. What a lucky human I am to be chosen by 4 cats as their meowmie! Yes, I feel honoured!!

I sure hope Snoopy does well today. I am very worried about that chestbone; it feels so scary to actually feel her heart beat :eek: . Her paw won't be a problem I hope; it doesn't hurt her at all. She even uses it to cover her tootsie rolls :D
Oh yes, her intestines are working again! Nice tootsies and pee biscuits several times now ;) . She is a happy little furball now!!

Please let everything be okay with her! I love her so much :)

Barbara
01-16-2006, 05:13 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed. That little girl has won over many hearts already.

jenluckenbach
01-16-2006, 05:44 AM
I will be waiting anxiously to hear what they vet has to say about dear little Snoopy.

Lightning SuperCat
01-16-2006, 05:49 AM
She is SUCH a cute kitty!!!! I am praying that her reports will be good!! She is that cutest kitty ever, and I am so glad that she is part of your family now!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
See, every time I'm gone for a week, something important happens!!!! :p

catnapper
01-16-2006, 06:53 AM
Prayers coming her way for her vet visit today. She is too precious and loved to get anything but the best report back from the vet!

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-16-2006, 07:08 AM
Prayers on the way for Snoopy!!!

Come home soon Snoopy! You are such a sweet special baby! :)

Sonia59
01-16-2006, 07:21 AM
Oh Lut, I just read the post and, what a news! This little doll is so lucky having found your husband on her way! It can't be a coincidence!

I love the name Snoopie, and she is so sweet, no matter her handicap! :) Wow, I think I have to plan a new visit to you, to meet the little pie... ;) :p

Keep us posted about her health. I pray that there is nothing bad.

It seems that Maya is acting like a mother with Snoopie ;)

:D :D I remember well when you said "no, no, three cats is the maximum" :D :D :D

orangemm
01-16-2006, 08:05 AM
We all will be praying for this little girl; it's like she is "ours", too! Guess that's what it means to be a big cat family here!! :D

She was destined to be yours, and thank God Bernard (bless his heart) was there to be her Knight in Shining Armor!

I am amazed that Snoopy has been so well received by the others; maybe they sense that she was in desperate need.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2006, 09:30 AM
OMG is right, Lut!!! She is absolutely adorable! I can only imagine your worry over her while she's at the vet. Sounds like she didn't have a great start in life so I know how you would want nothing bad to be wrong with her, but I know she's in the best hands she could ever have chosen and she'll do fine whatever the final diagnosis is.

Thanks Bernard. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Wow, I think I have to plan a new visit to you, to meet the little pie... ;) :p

Oh yes!! My Snoopy wants to meet her auntie Sonia too ;)

I remember well when you said "no, no, three cats is the maximum"

:o I know!! But my hubby brought her home himself, so how in the world could I say NO ...... :D . The good thing is also that he can never "complain" about "that 4th cat" :D :p

no news from the vet yet... :(

Pawsitive Thinking
01-16-2006, 10:01 AM
She's lovely and your hubby is a hero! Hope everything goes okay for the little sweetheart

Grace
01-16-2006, 10:31 AM
What a wonderful story! Your husband is the best, and Snoopy is adorable.

Sending prayers and good thoughts for a successful Vet visit.

ramanth
01-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Lut, you give that hubby of yours lots of hugs and kisses for me!! :D How sweet of him to bring Snoopy home.

She's adorable! I hope her vet visits go well and that the chestbone issue can be resolved. *hugs*

Sonia59
01-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Oh yes!! My Snoopy wants to meet her auntie Sonia too ;)

Great! I love my little niece already :D

:o I know!! But my hubby brought her home himself, so how in the world could I say NO ...... :D . The good rhing is also that he can never "complain" about "that 4th cat" :D :p

You COULD NOT say NO, Lut. This kitten was brought to you because you will be a perfect Meowmie for her :) I am sure Bernard will pretend soon that Snoopy is HIS cat ;)

catlover4ever
01-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Oh, she is so super sweet. What a little angel.

krazyaboutkatz
01-16-2006, 11:39 AM
I hope that everything goes well at the vets. Snoopy has already won over all of our hearts here on PT. :)

AlleyCat
01-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Snoopy has lots of fans already! :D We'll be praying for good news from your vet, I hope everything goes well!

kb2yjx
01-16-2006, 05:58 PM
No news yet!!! Hope it is all good for little Snoopy!!!

kimlovescats
01-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Praying for good news soon from the vet!!!!

Lut?

jazzcat
01-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Lut, I'm praying the news from the vet is good.

I hope you are able to give us an update soon. I'm starting to worry.

jenluckenbach
01-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Lut, I'm praying the news from the vet is good.

I hope you are able to give us an update soon. I'm starting to worry.
Not to worry, it is now LATE there. We will know soon enough.

orangemm
01-17-2006, 03:03 AM
Ok, it's morning! Any news! ;) :D :confused:

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-17-2006, 03:19 AM
UPDATE

Sorry for not replying sooner; my daughter was working on an assignment for school all evening, so no pc for mommy :rolleyes:

Well, all Snoopy's problems are the result of something that happened before she was born. I saw the x-rays of her paws. They show very clearly that she has only 2 develloped toes, and one of these is not very strong. The leg is also a bit shorter. But, she doesn't mind at all. She runs around like any other kitten. Her favorite game is chasing Maya around the living room :p

Her chestbone then.... .It is indeed underdevelloped too. That bone normally grows into one solid bone during the pregnancy. For some reason, this didn't happen in Snoopy's case. The vet says that Snoopy looks very healthy to her, so there is no need to rush her to a clinic. Today she will show the x-rays to her colleages in the University Vet Clinic in Ghent. She will let me know what they said.

So, in the meantime, we are all enjoying Snoopy very much! During the night she sleeps in our bathroom, which is just next to our bedroom. Everytime I get up (nature calling ;) ), she jumps off her chair and begs to be picked up. Then she starts purring VERY loud!! In the morning I took her in bed with me, and she fell asleep on my chest. AWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!

Sonia59
01-17-2006, 03:37 AM
Great news Lut! It makes my day! Of course, you still have to wait for what they will say about the X-rays at the University, but it sounds good, isn't it? :)

Your little addition does not seem to be scared (my Jasmine is much more shy compared to Snoopy ;) ), so she was probably not born outside. She was more probably "thrown away"...because of her handicap? What do you think?

And it is good exercise for lazy Maya, if she is chased around the house ;)

Keep us posted! Auntie Sonia :)

Killearn Kitties
01-17-2006, 03:42 AM
Good to know that they are not too worried about the condition, Lut. I'm really pleased to hear that. I'll be interested to hear what they decide to do, but lots of kisses to Snoopy in the meantime. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-17-2006, 03:55 AM
she was probably not born outside. She was more probably "thrown away"...because of her handicap? What do you think?

Oh yes, she defenitely grew up indoors! She knows exactly how to use a litterbox and a scratch tower; she is absolutely friendly with humans too!
The vet thinks she was rejected as soon as her catmommy stopped nursing her. Those "people" didn't want to take care of a disabled kitten, so they just threw it away :mad: :mad: . I wish I knew where they live..... :mad:

Barbara
01-17-2006, 04:13 AM
I am so glad to hear Snoopy seems healthy. It looked like a genetic defect to me too- some problem in the bone growing process. But I am sure that won't keep her from enjoying her life :)

jenluckenbach
01-17-2006, 05:15 AM
We have a saying "Someone's trash is someone else's treasure." And Snoopy is definitely a treasure.

Daisy and Delilah
01-17-2006, 07:51 AM
This is one of the sweetest stories I've ever seen. Bless you and your husband Lut for saving this precious little kitty. She's such a little doll baby. I wish you a lifetime of happiness with her :)

dab_20
01-17-2006, 07:55 AM
AWWW she is absolutly adorable!! I just wanna cuddle with her. :D your husband is so sweet for doing that, and so are you!! just imagine what the world would be like without people like you. you make it so much better!

ramanth
01-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Great news Lut! :D Much love to you all. :)

kb2yjx
01-17-2006, 09:01 AM
GREAT NEWS!!!! Lut, I bet you never thought a personal trainer would be sent for your older cats!!! I think you may have a new little buddy to sleep with you!!! Yes, it is so sad how people treat handicapped animals. But, now Snoopy will be fine because she has YOU and your family to LOVE and CARE for her!!!!

Catty1
01-17-2006, 09:02 AM
What good news...maybe as she grows, she will need lots of calcium to help that bone....like ICE CREAM!

(Not that you want to spoil her! LOL)

Catty1

Logan
01-17-2006, 09:22 AM
I think Jen hit the nail on the head.......you have a treasure, Lut!! :) I'm so sorry I missed this before now, but I just read each and every post and I have teary eyes and a smile on my face. Your Snoopy sounds like she was God-sent to me.

Give Bernard a big hug from his admirer in SC. I already admired him for his gardening and the water garden and now this. What a guy you nabbed, Lut!!!!! :)

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-17-2006, 09:36 AM
She knows exactly how to use a litterbox and a scratch tower

So glad to hear they don't think it's anything urgent or serious - whew! Your statement above about the scratch tower made me wonder....if she only has two "toes", does she also only have two claws on that foot? That would make sense because where would the other claws be, but it also goes without saying that if the whole foot is abnormal...maybe she doesn't have claws there at all? Sorry, just curious about PT's cutest new arrival. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-17-2006, 09:45 AM
So glad to hear they don't think it's anything urgent or serious - whew! Your statement above about the scratch tower made me wonder....if she only has two "toes", does she also only have two claws on that foot? That would make sense because where would the other claws be, but it also goes without saying that if the whole foot is abnormal...maybe she doesn't have claws there at all? Sorry, just curious about PT's cutest new arrival. :D

She has 2 claws. But they aren't very useful. One of the claws is growing in wrong direction. So I will have to keep an eye on that, otherwise it would grow into her paw :eek:

AlleyCat
01-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Poor little thing to be "thrown away" !! But their loss is YOUR gain :) Here's to hoping that the other vets who look at the x-ray concur that it is something she will be fine with. I'm sure she will be! I love that little hoof paw, that makes Snoopy unique -- who else here on PT can claim they have a little hoofed kitten ????? :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-17-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm glad to hear that the vet doesn't think that Snoopy's condition is serious. :) Hopefully the other vets will also agree. She sure fits into your family very well as if she's always been there. I bet that you'll notice that your older cats will be more active and they may even lose a few pounds. :)

lv4dogs
01-17-2006, 11:52 AM
What a sad story with such a happy ending. Yous are saints to take in & help this sweetie.
I wish her the best of luck with her health.

I was wondering if you are afraid that the Snoopy may have something contagious, like Leuk, FIV a URI that isn't showing any signs yet, or aren't those very popular over there in Belgium?

sandragonfly
01-17-2006, 12:04 PM
lol, lut! I'm glad you don't know where they live... ;) :p

wow, what a popular little fuzzy you are, snoooopy! over 100 ahhs & oohs from us! :eek: well, of course, not surprised. . .you're one special just as many of us, you can't get cuter with your fuzzy hoofie! (and I'll chain sonia59 to her home and run over to dear snoopy's home first..) :D aw, uunnfair...just don't get fifth one! ;)

I'm happy nothing this serious, and 'colleages' news will not be as bad as what you heard from the vet - let us know and um, since this is over 100 posts thread, I think there's a rule (must be deleted somewhere I think..) you have to post five pictures each page....soo, where's the up-to-date pictures?! :D :D ;) :p :cool:

{{{xo maya, inka, zazou & pigl...snoopy}}} for me please!

kimlovescats
01-17-2006, 02:54 PM
So happy to hear that everything looks fine for little Snoopy!!!!
Now we need MORE PICS! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Pics??? :eek: What is that?? :confused:

:p :D
Maybe tomorrow, if you all promise to be good :D

orangemm
01-17-2006, 03:44 PM
I promise to be very, very good!!! ANYthing to get to see more pictures of this little darling! :D

Snoopy, we all love you!!

critters
01-18-2006, 06:06 AM
The hand-thing is called syndactyly; it's the opposite of polydactyly. It's genetic in nature, and my Lefty has it, too. Humans can have it as well. Messybeast is down, but there's a good IVIS article and some human stuff you can search up. Messybeast has pics, but your baby has a pretty classic case. The split sternum concerns me most, and I'm anxious to see what turns up on the xray.

(Yes, Jan, it's me!!) Jan's been after me a long time to go ahead and join. :)

QueenScoopalot
01-18-2006, 06:51 AM
The hand-thing is called syndactyly; it's the opposite of polydactyly. It's genetic in nature, and my Lefty has it, too. Humans can have it as well. Messybeast is down, but there's a good IVIS article and some human stuff you can search up. Messybeast has pics, but your baby has a pretty classic case. The split sternum concerns me most, and I'm anxious to see what turns up on the xray.

(Yes, Jan, it's me!!) Jan's been after me a long time to go ahead and join. :)
WOW!!! YAY Lee...now you saved me from posting about Snoopy's condition. ;) Glad you jumped on board, welcome, and stick around for a while! We all love the special needs kitty stories, and I know you have plenty of tails to tell about them....and pictures perchance? Jan

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-18-2006, 08:54 AM
NEW UPDATE !

I got a call from my vet again. At the University Clinic, they were very amased by what they saw on those x-rays. Snoopy sure is an unique case there!!
They also think that the opened chestbone isn't dangerous for her heart. To be sure however, they would like me to bring Snoopy there. They said that a malformation of the chestbone sometimes brings heart-issues :eek: . So they are planning to do an x-ray of the heart (or is it a scan??) to see if everything is normal there. I will make an appointment tomorrow for asap!

Here are, as promised :D , more pics of my cutie-pie

in the sink
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/bo1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/bo4.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/b5.jpg

AlleyCat
01-18-2006, 09:24 AM
What adorable pictures !!! I'm so glad you have her :D

lizbud
01-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Oh, I love the new pictures of Snoopy. She is so tiny & cute. :D
Makes me just want to hold & cuddle her. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Look here too:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1386532#post1386532

krazyaboutkatz
01-18-2006, 11:32 AM
AWWWWW!!!! Snoopy sure is a cutie pie and I hope that everything will go well with her next vet visit. :)

catnapper
01-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Glad to hear the vets think she will be fine... and that they are willing to spend their time investigating further! She is just such a special kitty and has already touched tons of people :)

Sonia59
01-18-2006, 12:15 PM
OMG, these new pictures are cuter than ever! I can hardly wait to visit you again Lut :o :D !

I am happy the vets think there is nothing bad. It is good to have a heart exam too. ;)

Donnaj4962
01-18-2006, 02:18 PM
My heart has melted! Snoopy is absolutely the cutest little one! And how our Lord works in mysterious ways! I love all of the pictures, and am glad that the vets are going to be doing more research on the chest bone issue.

By the way... if you EVER need a "cat sitter" in the US.... PICK ME! PICK ME!PICK ME! :D :D :D

orangemm
01-18-2006, 02:58 PM
The more I see her, the more in love I am with this little darling! :) :)

critters
01-18-2006, 03:49 PM
WOW!!! Glad you jumped on board, welcome, and stick around for a while! We all love the special needs kitty stories, and I know you have plenty of tails to tell about them....and pictures perchance? Jan Thanks! Tons of tails, and a few pics (my new digital camera doesn't talk to my computer very well).

ramanth
01-18-2006, 03:49 PM
I love seeing pictures of her. She's so cute! Hope the heart scan goes well. :)

jazzcat
01-18-2006, 04:29 PM
She is just so darn cute!!!!

QueenScoopalot
01-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Good thing you live so far away Lut, as I'm tempted to catnap that cutie. :D She really made herself at home quickly with your gang huh? Hoping the Xrays turn out positive, and that Snoopy won't be facing other problems down the road. Indulge us with more pics please? ;)

momcat
01-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi Lut! I'm so happy to hear that the vet's think Snoopy will be okay. It's even better to know they're being so thorough checking her heart. Those latest pictures are beyond adorable! How could ANYONE not fall instantly in love with that little face? She has that look that says, "Please love me!" Somehow I really don't think Snoopy will have heart problems... just look at how many she has already stolen! I'm sure she knows how very much she's loved!!!!!

weekendrescuer
01-18-2006, 08:45 PM
i have one like that. he's only got two toes on one paw and they twist together.

Flatcoatluver
01-18-2006, 08:54 PM
thats great news!! she is so cute and she probally is really blessed to have a home like you!!

sasha the cat
01-18-2006, 09:02 PM
I am so thrilled! May your new baby live long, healthy & happy with you. She certainly has very good purr~ents and a wonderful fursib, Zazou.

Your Snoopy is delightful and very, very cute.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-19-2006, 01:31 AM
i have one like that. he's only got two toes on one paw and they twist together.

Awwww !! Do you have a picture of that paw? I would love to compare it to Snoopy's!

Mad Mags Moo
01-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Awwwwwww! My heart has melted......what a lovely lovely wee cat ;) :D

lvpets2002
01-20-2006, 02:38 PM
:eek: OMG Snoopy you just stole my heart away.. You are so adorable I am sorry I missed your intro & now Welcome to PT & your new kitty heavan.. ;) ;)

mrspunkysmom
12-07-2014, 10:29 PM
I have read this thread through. All of Lut's posts and scanned the replies. She is adorable.

Some of the pics are missing and in place of Zazou in one reply is a pug or bulldog?

Still adorable. I'm so glad he found her.

Karen
12-07-2014, 10:41 PM
I have read this thread through. All of Lut's posts and scanned the replies. She is adorable.

Some of the pics are missing and in place of Zazou in one reply is a pug or bulldog?

Still adorable. I'm so glad he found her.

This thread is from 2006, but that is a bulldog puppy in the staring contest picture! Probably at the vet for a well-puppy check, and none too excited about it!

catmandu
12-08-2014, 09:33 AM
And her we are nine years later and Snoopy is a Grand Big Cat with her Sisters and a Little Orange Lion as her Furr Ever Friend .
You kindness and mercy have been repaid so many times over with Snoopy's love. A Meewomy PetMas from the Found Hotel Cats!!!:love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
12-09-2014, 04:53 AM
This thread is from 2006, but that is a bulldog puppy in the staring contest picture! Probably at the vet for a well-puppy check, and none too excited about it!

Ah, I couldn't see the cat in the pic; It must be a missing one.

I'd just thought I'd re-post to save some trouble.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Thanks for bringing that thread up again!
I still remember how much support and wishes I got from so many Pt'ers!!
That picture with that dog, I don't remember what it is doing there..., it is my sisters english bulldog Bo.
This should have been a picture of Inka & Snoopy in a staring contest !!

I remove that picture now :)

mrspunkysmom
12-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Awwww !! Do you have a picture of that paw? I would love to compare it to Snoopy's!

It just now occurred to me that Emily RB's right rear foot was similar. the foot never finished forming. She had two toes that were held together with a string of sinew with no real foot or paw. She basically walked on her toe tips as the whole leg was too short. It really didn't bother her, except she didn't like you bothering with it.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-09-2015, 01:13 PM
She is such a sweetheart !
I will try to post some pictures of her and her 3 sisters one of the coming days :)