PDA

View Full Version : Some girl was raped in my high school!

animal_rescue
01-13-2006, 10:06 AM
and I was there, at the same time, getting tutored that day too! :eek:

This is today's newspaper, I edited it a bit(just the city name).
A MCHS(my high school) student reported she was raped at the school on Tuesday by a male she could describe only as having "dirty blond hair". The attack wasn't reported to MC police until 24 hours after it allegedly happened. Accompanied by her mother, the girl reported the incident to a high school administrator Wednesday. On thursday, Asst. Superintendent Carla Iacona said school officials are working with police in the investigation, adding that school officials are anzious to get the incident resolved. When asked what precautions the school system is taking to protect students in the hallways. Iacona said the school "will continue to use sercurity cameras and police that are assigned to be at the school." According to police, the girl told them she stayed after class on Tuesday to practice for Jazz Band, which convened around 2:45 pm and lasted about an hour. She said that after practice, she was in the hallway bent over her backpack when an unknown male approached her from behind and put a hand over her eyes. She told police the attacker directed her to an unknown room where she was forced to remove her jeans and underwear and then to kneel. The girl told police she tried to resist but the attacker was too strong for her. Police said the girl told them the assault continued for almost 10 minutes before the attacker left. After dressing, the girl told police she left the room and headed toward the gym where she met up with a friend. Police said that when they asked her why she had not reported the attack sooner, the girl said she was afraid the man would do something to her if she had. According to Lt. Tom How, commander of the MCPD's Detective Bureau, a rape kit has been administered and personal items have been collected.

elizabethann
01-13-2006, 11:52 AM
That's awful! I suggest you travel with a group of people until this guy is caught. Don't go anywhere in or around your school alone! Safety in numbers.

CathyBogart
01-13-2006, 03:04 PM
OMG, how terrifying! I would definitely stick close to my friends while walking around campus!

animal_rescue
01-13-2006, 04:30 PM
DANG! The girl actually took it back, my friend goes out with a teacher at the school and he got an e-mail from the principal saying that she took it back. :confused:

CathyBogart
01-13-2006, 04:49 PM
:rolleyes: People are idiots, why do they do s*** like that? :rolleyes:

That reminds me a little of a story a few years ago where some kids were late getting to/from school or someting so they said a bum had attacked them. The guy spent six months in prison beofre they confessed, and the mother was going "They should be rewarded for telling the truth not punished" nevermind that they destroyed someone's life...

Karen
01-13-2006, 04:56 PM
I do hope that if the event didn't happen, she gets some sort of punishment for making up the story, like at least some hours of community service to compensate for the time and ebergy spent by the police force and school administration on this. or if it didn't happen, she should at least get counseling - by making this up, she has made it worse for those who actually have this happen to them and risk not being believed.

If they did a rape kit, why didn't she confess making it up then, if she knew they wouldnot find anything?

What an awful thing to have happened - she needs counseling whichever is the case.

jackie
01-13-2006, 11:31 PM
I hear of these things happening more and more. It is usually the case that a girl get dumped, then wants revenge so goes to the police and cries rape. I personally know two men that this has happened to. One was actually arrested by the police and the other just had a smear campaign started in their group of friends. Even though the truth came out both times, it still ruins the guys reputation. People seem to forget the truth, and the guys get followed around with "didn't he raped some girl" for a long time. It is amazing what people will do for attention. :(

Because this girl is young, I agree with Karen, she should do community service, but if she was older, I think she should be charged.

sandragonfly
01-14-2006, 01:57 AM
maybe she "took it back" because she was threatened by someone....? the story was published, the high chance it can happen?

what I can't understand is why would a girl, in either case, tell then take it all back, especially it was in newspapers? I think that's worse than if it was true it has happened.

either way, ugh. never be alone and always watch out, animal_rescue!

moosmom
01-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Before I even read your second post, I had my suspicions. That girl really needs counseling. Your friend is dating a teacher?? Um, with all due respect, there are laws against that kind of thing.

animal_rescue
01-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Before I even read your second post, I had my suspicions. That girl really needs counseling. Your friend is dating a teacher?? Um, with all due respect, there are laws against that kind of thing.

My friend is 28.

sandragonfly
01-14-2006, 12:40 PM
so you mean the principal emailed teacher, the teacher told 28 year-old date about the girl?

moosmom
01-14-2006, 01:20 PM
My friend is 28.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying. When you said your friend was dating a teacher, I was thinking more like Mary Kay Latourneau. Sorry.

animal_rescue
01-14-2006, 05:54 PM
so you mean the principal emailed teacher, the teacher told 28 year-old date about the girl?

Yea, the principal e-mailed all the teachers and told them, then the teacher told his g/f and she told me, since I was the one that told her about the newspaper article.

Agilityherders2
01-17-2006, 12:23 PM
OMG that is terrible. You should stay close to friends, One or two people cannot take on a croud of 4 or 5 people! Just stick close and keep your eyes open for weird stuff and or people...PEOPLE ARE WACK
]
Amanda :rolleyes:

Vette
01-17-2006, 03:17 PM
That is so freaken terrible on both accounts.

dab_20
01-22-2006, 11:03 PM
omg that is horrible... :eek: please watch out, and stay close to your friends.