PDA

View Full Version : ear infection

mantzke160551
01-13-2006, 05:51 AM
what can i do for ear infection with out goign to vet as i am a broke person rihg tnow and he bothering realy bad

lv4dogs
01-13-2006, 09:45 AM
There really isn't too much you can do over the counter for an ear infection. Of course the most obvious thing is to keep them clean.

Do you know what type of infection it is?

IRescue452
01-13-2006, 05:46 PM
You should see a vet, they can give you something for ear infections. With our cocker's chronic ear infections we got a bottle of medication from the vet and it lasted a long time. The initial visit cost's money but after that we just had to pay for the medication refills, which was like once a year. I don't remember the name of the stuff anymore. Ear infections are painful for the dog and there will be plenty to treat throughout the life of your cocker.

Jessika
01-13-2006, 07:07 PM
You need to go to the vet. From personal experience, ear infections can be extremely painful and uncomfortable. If you don't get it looked at and medication administered ASAP, other bigger problems can occur, worse case scenario would be surgery.

A trip to the vet now will cost less than just "winging" it and having to deal with a more serious problem later!

Good luck!!

wolfsoul
01-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Call around to the grooming parlours and vets in your area and see if any carry ear drops called "Blue Thunder." We carry it at my work and we put it in the dogs' ears. The stuff is amazing, it's a miracle worker. It dries up the inside of the ears completely. That's what you need -- it's the moisture in the ears that causes infections or makes them worse. Clean the ears out with ear cleaner (use a Q-tip) but make sure that you aren't pushing any wax into the ear canal. Then put in the ear drops. Make sure your dog avoids swimming. But in all honesty, a trip to the vet is in order. If the infection is bad, your dog will need antibiotics. If you continue to let the infection get worse, the dog can go deaf, have balance problems (which could mean your dog could no longer walk), etc.

labmomma
02-12-2006, 01:57 PM
As a responsible dog owner you owe it to your dog to see that he/she is as healthy as possible. An ear infection can eventually lead to total loss of hearing unless taken care of. Initially, you'll be given an antibiotic and an ear wash to use on your dog daily until the infection is cleared up. After that, a good cleaning once a week should suffice. One of my Labs had an ear infection and we had him sedated and the ears thoroughly flushed clean. He's in great shape now.

Fear_Nuclear
02-12-2006, 03:29 PM
I agree with everyone else on taking it to the vet ;) And I hope that (he) feels better soon :)