PDA

View Full Version : Sick,appauling,a Disgrace To The Human Race!!!!

buttercup132
01-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I just saw on the news that there will be prizes going out to Australians
1rst prize is being able to SHOOT 24 crocs!
2nd prize is being able to shoot 1 croc!!!
and having the crocs turned into TROPHYS!
they also said the crocs were "KILLER" crocs :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! THE GOVERMENT IS ACTUALLY PASSING THIS!!!!!

moosmom
01-12-2006, 05:29 PM
That's disgusting! :mad: I certainly hope animal rights groups get wind of this and stage a protest. That's just not right!!

king2005
01-12-2006, 05:33 PM
is it a population control???
Maybe there are so many crocs that they are hungry & attacking everything & moving into peoples yards. I know they have huge goat & boar hunts out there, as those animals are not native & distroying the land so the native animals cannot live there.

Jessika
01-12-2006, 05:34 PM
is it a population control???
Maybe there are so many crocs that they are hungry & attacking everything & moving into peoples yards. I know they have huge goat & boar hunts out there, as those animals are not native & distroying the land so the native animals cannot live there.

That's the first thing that came to my mind, too.

But then again, if its just population control, why make a CONTEST out of it for mindless slaughtering of crocs for nothing more than pleasure and a cash prize??

G535
01-12-2006, 06:44 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200601/s1546786.htm

This what you're talking about?

We aren't all interested in crocodile hunts. There are no crocodiles where I live, the nearest is thousands of miles away.

Suki Wingy
01-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Well I sure hope there is a huge overpopulation because Tazmanian government payed for thylacine skins untill they were critically endangered and now they are extinct.

king2005
01-12-2006, 08:07 PM
That's the first thing that came to my mind, too.

But then again, if its just population control, why make a CONTEST out of it for mindless slaughtering of crocs for nothing more than pleasure and a cash prize??

The same reason they do it to fishing. To get people interested in it & to get a job done.

I mean no offence by this.. but that kind of thing needs to be done to the deer near the Ottawa area. the population is HORRIBLY out of control!!!! You know there are issues when over 10,000 live within the city!!!!! oh & that count is 5yrs old & ther is litterly no hunting anywhere near the city.. so ya, its safe to sayd it has to be well past 20,000 as I did see WAY more as the years went on..

Jessika
01-12-2006, 08:10 PM
The same reason they do it to fishing. To get people interested in it & to get a job done.

I mean no offence by this.. but that kind of thing needs to be done to the deer near the Ottawa area. the population is HORRIBLY out of control!!!! You know there are issues when over 10,000 live within the city!!!!! oh & that count is 5yrs old & ther is litterly no hunting anywhere near the city.. so ya, its safe to sayd it has to be well past 20,000 as I did see WAY more as the years went on..

Oh deer, yes. But not just.. slaughtering for contest if the animals' death will be in vain. If they're going to.. like.. EAT the crocs or something then yes that's fine. But if they're just going to throw the bodies in a compost heap after everything is said and done then what's the point??

And at least fish are eaten :)

Alysser
01-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Sickos! :mad:

king2005
01-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Oh deer, yes. But not just.. slaughtering for contest if the animals' death will be in vain. If they're going to.. like.. EAT the crocs or something then yes that's fine. But if they're just going to throw the bodies in a compost heap after everything is said and done then what's the point??

And at least fish are eaten :)

I totally agree. I've never been in suport of sport hunting (just kill & dump the bodies or only keep the heads, ICK), all the hunters I know are VERY against it. The rule is use the whole animal. Cook up the stuff you don't like & give it to the dogs. Prepare the pelt & use it for dog bedding, bones go to dogs & sold to be turned into bonemeal. When we go hunting, we plan to take a couple small steaks & turn the rest into hamburger, so it can be used in anything & with anything. & we will only take what we can use & thats 1-2 deer/yr, unless we can find people who want to buy some of the meat off of us, then it could be more.. BUT in Ontario ther are Deer tags so only a proper amount of deer are taken in certain areas. But since not many people hunt anymore (which is the problem) ther are always left over tags (which means the herd is still too large).

I bought a rabbit pelt many years ago ONLY because I knew where it came from. The campground breeds rabbits for food & they sell what they have no use for. I've had it for nearly 13 years now & don't feel bad at all.. I had a need for it & the animal was being used for food.

.sarah
01-13-2006, 02:57 AM
I don't particularly like Crocs. Alligators (not the same, I know) are a huuuuge problem here (Florida). There have been a few over the years that have migrated into my neighborhood, through garages, onto driveways and front porches, etc. But ... this is still appaling to me. I don't know how you can justify a shooting contest. Why not hire catchers (is Steve available? ;)) and then have them euthanized? It may take longer, it may not be as much of a show, but it's humane.

However, if they are being eaten I don't find it as offensive, but I still don't think this should be a contest :rolleyes:

Oh, I ate alligator once ... tasted like chicken! lol. (This was before I was a vegetarian, obviously.)

king2005
01-13-2006, 08:57 AM
I don't particularly like Crocs. Alligators (not the same, I know) are a huuuuge problem here (Florida). There have been a few over the years that have migrated into my neighborhood, through garages, onto driveways and front porches, etc. But ... this is still appaling to me. I don't know how you can justify a shooting contest. Why not hire catchers (is Steve available? ;)) and then have them euthanized? It may take longer, it may not be as much of a show, but it's humane.

However, if they are being eaten I don't find it as offensive, but I still don't think this should be a contest :rolleyes:

Oh, I ate alligator once ... tasted like chicken! lol. (This was before I was a vegetarian, obviously.)

euthanize? Thats just as bad as sport hunting. Its still a pile of bodies rotting in a pit :(

buttercup132
01-13-2006, 09:12 PM
i agree kind of with the whole using evrything but there killing the crocs to make them into trophies!

Jessika
01-13-2006, 09:15 PM
i agree kind of with the whole using evrything but there killing the crocs to make them into trophies!

Then THAT is wrong, IMHO

buttercup132
01-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Yes i know and that is what I'm trying to say, it's bad enough they are killing them as a prize but to also make them into trophies!!UGGHH oh and the lady at the end of the broadcats said "Nothing better then dead crocs" and she WASN'T being sarcastic!

.sarah
01-14-2006, 12:21 AM
euthanize? Thats just as bad as sport hunting. Its still a pile of bodies rotting in a pit :(
Yes but at least the animal dies painlessly. Shooting them doesn't always kill them entirely, so they suffer for a while until they die.

sandragonfly
01-14-2006, 04:23 AM
..kill to eat ..
hunt for fun ..
kill for protection ..
hunt to kill ..

..these sad facts we've been living with..

but shoot for prize? :confused:

problem with population? ..people first! (nearly 7 billion now)..
1st prize for being able shooting 24 children..
2nd prize for 4 men..
3rd prize for 1 woman..

goverment is passing this. :eek: how fun is that?! woohoo.....

:(

animals can't speak, only show, unlike us, who don't only show, speak too!

do you think everything will be different if animals could speak? they do have feelings!! :mad: :(

king2005
01-14-2006, 05:43 AM
Yes but at least the animal dies painlessly. Shooting them doesn't always kill them entirely, so they suffer for a while until they die.

You mean after its snagged, dragged, jumpped on, had the hell scared out of it, legs tapped up, mouth taped up & tossed onto a truck... ok thats far better then being shot & dying in a matter of seconds, to maybe a couple mins, all while its relaxing & has no reason to feel scared...

king2005
01-14-2006, 05:44 AM
..kill to eat ..
hunt for fun ..
kill for protection ..
hunt to kill ..

..these sad facts we've been living with..

but shoot for prize? :confused:

problem with population? ..people first! (nearly 7 billion now)..
1st prize for being able shooting 24 children..
2nd prize for 4 men..
3rd prize for 1 woman..

goverment is passing this. :eek: how fun is that?! woohoo.....

:(

animals can't speak, only show, unlike us, who don't only show, speak too!

do you think everything will be different if animals could speak? they do have feelings!! :mad: :(

We have the power to fix things we screw up, unlike the animals.. also we are a part of nature, it shoud be darn happy that many humand DO try to fix what we mess up along the way.

king2005
01-14-2006, 05:47 AM
Yes i know and that is what I'm trying to say, it's bad enough they are killing them as a prize but to also make them into trophies!!UGGHH oh and the lady at the end of the broadcats said "Nothing better then dead crocs" and she WASN'T being sarcastic!

See, thats bad. Its not hunting anymore, its more like a slaughtor, which makes the good hunters look bad.

.sarah
01-14-2006, 09:19 AM
You mean after its snagged, dragged, jumpped on, had the hell scared out of it, legs tapped up, mouth taped up & tossed onto a truck... ok thats far better then being shot & dying in a matter of seconds, to maybe a couple mins, all while its relaxing & has no reason to feel scared...
Well, I didn't think of that. I guess there's really no great way to do it. :(

buttercup132
01-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Actually there is a easier way of euthanizing(sp?) them. You shoot one of the tranqualizers(sp?) at them then put them to sleep. It wont be stressing and if they have to tie them up it will be while there asleep so they won't know what is happening....

G535
01-14-2006, 02:41 PM
"The federal government REJECTED a proposal last year to trophy hunt 25 crocs a year in Australia".

It's not happening! Didn't anyone bother to read the article before jumping to conclusions? :rolleyes:

sandragonfly
01-14-2006, 02:57 PM
oh dear, missed that link. :( should've done some research though.. :rolleyes: me.

what I said would be remaining the same if that's the case. now I understand it was rejected last year but I wonder how have or why it's up again this year.

sorry!

king2005
01-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Actually there is a easier way of euthanizing(sp?) them. You shoot one of the tranqualizers(sp?) at them then put them to sleep. It wont be stressing and if they have to tie them up it will be while there asleep so they won't know what is happening....

ok, so it swims off & drowns before its even asleep, as the darts don't work that fast. The only way to put a wild animal down with the least amount of stress & pain is shooting it in its tracks. It doesn't see it coming & they die faster & with less stress (which is a form of pain)

buttercup132
01-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Well obviously you do it when they are out of the water :rolleyes:

king2005
01-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Well obviously you do it when they are out of the water :rolleyes:

ok this is getting stupid now... It takes some time for the drugs to kick in.. When you shoot the croc with the dart, it will run to the water & it will make it, as it is never too far from the water, then it'll drown...

CagneyDog
01-14-2006, 08:11 PM
then it'll drown...

The same thing could happen when shooting it.

buttercup132
01-14-2006, 08:52 PM
yes, especially if it dosen't kill them instantly in they are lying there in exrusiating(sp) pain, so it runs off to the water to get away for the few moments it still has to live and then it struggles to swim in the water them drowns.And if they are for prizes most likley the people aren't hunters and don't know how to shoot and what I said would become true!

Jessika
01-14-2006, 09:25 PM

Ahh thats EXACTLY what I was thinking as I was reading the replies and then read yours'. We think alike! :D

sandragonfly
01-14-2006, 09:39 PM
king2005 - the question is, have they? urges are still out there.

what good have we done out of this anyway?

cloverfdx
01-15-2006, 07:21 AM
Tazmanian
Tasmanian.

I have heard nothing on the news here, will check up on it later.