PDA

View Full Version : White GSD anyone?

AllAmericanPUP
01-12-2006, 02:07 PM
This lil girl wondered into my brothers work a couple days ago..and he took her home
She looks pretty young maybe 8 months old but i could be wrong. Has a collar but no tags..if he doesnt find her owner he's gonna keep her. Not too enthused about that...she'll be on a chain in his back yard...fed ol roy dog food..and probably never exercised :( he means well but he just doesnt get it...i'm definately going to insist he gets her spayed..wich i'm sure he will..hopefully
anyways she's a sweety, pretty calm too, she knows sit so someone had to have worked with her for a tiny bit... her nails are fairly long so she couldnt have been running the streets for more than a couple days. she needs a good bath and brushing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/allamericanpup/whitegsd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/allamericanpup/whitegsd2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/allamericanpup/whitegsd3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/allamericanpup/whitegsd4.jpg

beeniesmom
01-12-2006, 02:08 PM
What a pretty girl.
If her owners are not found.... why don't you keep her? :)

Husky_mom
01-12-2006, 02:20 PM
shes really pretty, it would be nice if you kept her, and we would have another member, maybe the first white GSD in here (that i´ve seen so far)

ramanth
01-12-2006, 02:49 PM
She's beautiful. Hopefully her owners turn up or that you find her a nice home if she is a stray.

animal_rescue
01-12-2006, 02:50 PM
My mom knows of someone that wants a GSD.

k9krazee
01-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Shes very pretty! I hope she finds her owners or a new forever home, poor girl.

JenBKR
01-12-2006, 03:06 PM
She is BEAUTIFUL - I love white GSDs!! If your brother decides not to keep her, I may be interested in a playmate for Roscoe :D I'd have to talk hubby into it though. Any idea about how much she weighs?

lv4dogs
01-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Has he had her checked for a microchip? AND posted signs around towns & newspaper articles AND contaced local shelterS to see if anyone had lost a dog, AND has he contaced local vets offices?

She appears to be of good weight so most likely has a home, seeing as she knows some basics she probably most definetally has a home.

.sarah
01-12-2006, 03:23 PM
shes really pretty, it would be nice if you kept her, and we would have another member, maybe the first white GSD in here (that i´ve seen so far)
Mandy is 1/2 white GSD ;)

Husky_mom
01-12-2006, 03:33 PM
of course but Mandy is special made, you know what i meant, i love her though!! :) btw i loved the pics on her bday

Roxyluvsme13
01-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Aww...I think you should keep her :D

GoldenLuv
01-12-2006, 04:12 PM
I would find her owners See if you can keep her till her owners can be found she does not need to be left outside

she is a cutie

Alysser
01-12-2006, 04:19 PM
JenBKR, that is soooo nice! Please beg your hubby! :D

AllAmericanPUP
01-12-2006, 10:55 PM
There is no way i could keep her, me and my dad fight constantly about the number of dogs i have already....
no he hasnt contacted vets or checked for a micr chip or anything like that..he's not that smart. i'm going to take her to the AC tomorrow and have her checked for a microchip and place a found ad with them. i'll also make up some flyers and put them in vet offices and such.

if he doesnt find her owner he's dead set on keeping her..

bckrazy
01-12-2006, 11:00 PM
If I were you, I'd be frantically searching for her owners!!! Do it! ;) She looks very friendly and healthy, looks too chubby to me to be an adolescent GSD as they are typically lanky when they're young. She really, really deserves so much more than a chain outside and Ol Roy - but, every dog does! If I lived closer to you, I would honestly take her.

Even if you don't find her owners, you can still post her on Petfinder classifieds and attempt to find a great home or a foster and tell your brother it is her former owners. yes, it'll be a little white lie, but it'll be a much better life for a sweet dog.

cyber-sibes
01-12-2006, 11:12 PM
She's very pretty, surely someone is trying to find her? Good luck, I hope they turn up.

.sarah
01-13-2006, 02:23 AM
of course but Mandy is special made, you know what i meant, i love her though!! :) btw i loved the pics on her bday
LOL Mandy thanks you ;)

pitc9
01-13-2006, 07:42 AM
Even if you don't find her owners, you can still post her on Petfinder classifieds and attempt to find a great home or a foster and tell your brother it is her former owners. yes, it'll be a little white lie, but it'll be a much better life for a sweet dog.

You must have been reading my mind! :p
If her owners are not found I think you should still find her a good home and tell him it was her former owners!
She needs to have a better life than what he can give her.
I agree also with her being older, have you looked at her teeth? What do they look like?
In the pictures she looks all filled out like an adult not at all like a pup.
She sure is a beauty!
I hope she's found a good home
NOT WITH YOUR BROTHER!!!

JenBKR
01-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Let me know what happens, I brought up getting a second dog with my hubby last night and he said maybe - if your brother decides not to keep her for any reason I just might take her, as long as I can get out that way to get her :)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-13-2006, 08:33 AM
It may be just as well that I live in the UK...............otherwise I'd have her!

AllAmericanPUP
01-13-2006, 09:56 AM
well i found the dogs owner, i went down to AC to report her found and they knew who she was, the owners have been looking all over for her but i guess they didnt put up any lost posters...my brother has the dog inside now becuase it's raining and he's at work...so i told her to come back at 4 when he gets off....my brother doesnt want to give the dog back but thats not his decision

animal_rescue
01-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Oh, I'm so glad that she found her home and owners!!

lv4dogs
01-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Thats is GREAT news! I am so happy for the dog!!! :D

k9krazee
01-13-2006, 10:09 AM
I love happy endings :D

Pembroke_Corgi
01-13-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm glad her owners found her!

JenBKR
01-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Great news! I'm so glad that she's going home (although I still would've loved to have her, but maybe I'll start looking at shelters :D )

GoldenLuv
01-14-2006, 11:37 AM
that is great that her owners were found and that she is going back home..

Did they say how she got out...

buttercup132
01-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Great news! I'm so glad that she's going home (although I still would've loved to have her, but maybe I'll start looking at shelters :D )
Oh I hope you get a new puppy!! :D or well dog lol.

I'm glad you found the owners sounded like she had a home. She was big,she was obident , and look healthy I dont think someone would abandon her after all that hard work... plus white sheperds AREN'T CHEAP!

luvofallhorses
01-14-2006, 12:04 PM
I am glad you found the owners! :)

Alysser
01-14-2006, 12:09 PM
That's great! JenBKR please keep us updated!

buttercup132
01-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Bump

AllAmericanPUP
01-14-2006, 09:54 PM
that is great that her owners were found and that she is going back home..

Did they say how she got out...

no they didnt, but by what the AC said..this isnt the first time the dog has gotten out