PDA

View Full Version : Pit bull attacked by a cat.

caseysmom
01-12-2006, 11:19 AM
This is a kind of funny local story I thought I would share:

http://www.kxtv.com/storyfull2.aspx?storyid=15280

Corinna
01-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Our town tried a cat law but we didn't have the funds for a cat catcher so it was removed from the books. New mayor was afaird of the strays left behind from the pervious tenatof her home. They were in viting freinds over from the low income apt. building which changed hands and new rule no cats or dogs . people just threw them out. I'm sure our Ebony is from one of the litters raised in abandoed cars they.

ramanth
01-12-2006, 11:36 AM
She has a point though...

"If this had been my dog that had attacked a cat, it would be all over the news," she added. "My dog would be in an animal control shelter now. I'd probably have a vicious dog citation after me."

Hopefully this will open peoples eyes up that it is indeed owners, not the breed that is at fault when it comes to dogs.

We had a cat that would attack the neighbors Doberman if it came onto our property. Friend's didn't believe me till they witnessed it themselves. Couldn't believe that the dog didn't kill the cat. (dog was too busy yelping and running away)

We always called the neighbors to make sure their dog was okay though.

Around here there is not a leash law for cats, but cats are supposed to be licenced. So if your cat got picked up by animal control and you had to bail it out, you'd pay more to do it.

caseysmom
01-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Yes she does have a point, I just mean its is funny in a good way to see a pit bull not be the bad guy.

Jadapit
01-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Yes she does have a point, I just mean its is funny in a good way to see a pit bull not be the bad guy.

Amen to that. You dont ever see the good stories about pit bulls in the news.

elizabethann
01-12-2006, 11:44 AM
I tried walking my cat with a leash & harness (Maxie). He was so fat I had to get him a small dog harness. It was a tad too big and he freaked out and took off. Luckily, I caught him. But he stays inside now.

Poor Pit Bull. Don't turn your back on some cats I guess.

I've been scratched pretty badly from my own cats and I have the scars to prove it. When cats get mad, they get mad.

My Mom actually got bit by a Siamese once and got 10 stiches on her nose. It was awful.

I hope the Pit Bull will recover (psycologically).

lv4dogs
01-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't blame them one bit for wanting a leash law for cats. And I hope this opens up peoples eyes that pits really are great dogs, if bred & raised properly.

Yes, I know kind of double standards as my cats go outside. I found Meko as an outdoor stray & my friend found Tiki as an outdoor stray. It would be VERY hard to confine them to the indoors or a leash as I have tried before but I would find a way to make it happen if there ever became a leash law of the sorts.

My neighbors must honestly love me though, as when my cats first started to escape no matter what I would do to keep them in, I went to every neighbor & then some & explained that I have trouble keeping my cats inside (even though there are strays around me) I also showed them each a picture of my cats & explained that if anyone ever had any problems with my cats (defecating in flower beds, crawling on vehicles, harrassing their peoples or pets, anything) to let me know & I promised that no matter what I wouldn't get mad at anyone, after all it would be all my fault for letting them roam. They don't ever go far but you never know. They were all very grateful and I haven't heard any complaints either.

caseysmom
01-12-2006, 01:00 PM
By the way the video is worth watching that pittie is really cute.

Jadapit
01-12-2006, 01:28 PM
By the way the video is worth watching that pittie is really cute.

I just watched the video. The pittie is beautiful. :D

*edit to add*

caseysmom, have you been around any pitties? They are so vocal. I laugh at Ebony every time someone drives up. She gets so excited and make this wooo wooo sound. Its really cute. ;)

Ginger's Mom
01-12-2006, 01:29 PM
You are right the video was worth watching. She is precious. :)

caseysmom
01-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Jada...some of caseys best buds at the dog park have been pitties. I don't remember the vocal part. Casey looks like she could have some pittie in her but she is not vocal at home at all, she barks when she is at the park though. Her fur is very shiny like your pups though and she looks a bit like a pittie to me.

Jadapit
01-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Jada...some of caseys best buds at the dog park have been pitties. I don't remember the vocal part. Casey looks like she could have some pittie in her but she is not vocal at home at all, she barks when she is at the park though. Her fur is very shiny like your pups though and she looks a bit like a pittie to me.

I bet Casey does have some pittie in her. She sure is a beauty. Does she like other dogs? She must if you take her to the dog park. :p

Suki Wingy
01-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Finally, the pittie's not the bad guy!

caseysmom
01-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Jada, Yes she loves other dogs, she clicks better with some than others but she loves the dog park.

buttercup132
01-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I really liked that news station for sticking up for pits then never once put them down. And they showed how freindly she was with the cats 2 for the pitbulls! the first positive media report!!!!! I would vote to pass that law

Alysser
01-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Same here, buttercup. It's kinda funny to. But still serious. The owner is right to take a stand.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-12-2006, 06:39 PM
You dont ever see the good stories about pit bulls in the news.

My husband and I were just saying that the other day.
It's nice to finally see a good story.