PDA

View Full Version : Our vet and Millie's diet

AlleyCat
01-12-2006, 08:12 AM
First, I love our new vet. We moved over the summer so it meant finding a new vet. The staff at this new place seem so knowledgeable and they are super-friendly. Anyhow, Millie peaked at 20 pounds when she was just ONE year old :eek: We did see our previous vet before we moved about a diet and they put her on r/d prescription formula but Millie hated it and wouldn't eat it, and when I told our previous vet that, they just shrugged and said "oh well, at least you tried" :eek: :eek: So once we moved and started seeing this new vet, they whipped out a cute "Chubby Cat Chart" to monitor her diet and a list of all different kinds of foods to try and Millie is on a prescription diet and has lost TWO pounds so far !! Still about 4 more pounds to go and this will be good for her in the long run.

catmandu
01-12-2006, 08:25 AM
20 Pounds is a bit much for a One Year Old Cat,and we are relieved that your Vet has found a Diet Food that will help Millie take some of that weight off.
You are quite right as that will be the best thing for her in the long run.

krazyaboutkatz
01-12-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm glad that you found a new vet that you like and that Millie's new diet is working. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Good luck to you, Millie!!! I went through same ordeal, and now I am much healthier and playful!!

MAYA the cat