PDA

View Full Version : Need some help, have to get rid of some of my Betta's, any takers?

LuvGold00
01-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey guys, I'll be planning a wedding this year, and moving also... So sadly, I have to get rid of some of my fish. I feel terrible, and would like them to go to good homes where I know they will be taken care of. All I ask is you pay shipping, I have boxes and packaging here. Post here or PM me if you are able to take one, if you can take two, that would be even better! Thanks for understanding....

Here's what I have available:
Little Plakat girl with I believe DT/CT geno...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/SunKissedGoldens/Fish/SynirrBaby2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/SunKissedGoldens/Fish/SynirrBaby1.jpg

Phylar, he's the VT boy with the LONG pectoral fins... Very active, fun fish.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/SunKissedGoldens/Fish/Phyler02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/SunKissedGoldens/Fish/Newbie06.jpg

Chilli
01-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Aww, it must be hard to have to let them go, but I'm sure you'll find good homes. :)
I wouldn't even dare to offer any of them a home... I have bad luck with fish.

Suki Wingy
01-12-2006, 10:55 AM
I hope they find good homes! I would take Pylon and Ty in an instant if my parents would let me :(

lv4dogs
01-12-2006, 01:02 PM
I was all ready for a new betta a few weeks ago, then Tiki decided it would be fun to play on the table & tease Kaige so Kaige thought it would be fun to tug on the tablecloth to get to Tiki, knocking down my brand new aquarium in the process (complete 5 gallon set up), breaking it (the tank, the lid, the light & the heater) into a thousand little pieces. :( They also broke a vase & candle holder too.
That was $65-$75 down the drain (plus about $15 or so more for the vase & candle holder), I can't afford to replace it all again. :( :(

Roxyluvsme13
01-12-2006, 03:07 PM
They're gorgeous! I have bad luck with fish, too...

racing_gurl07
01-12-2006, 03:34 PM
i am kind of intrested, i live with my boyfriends parents, and she has a male betta. (if you want to see him i can take a picture) im not sure how long she has had him, its been about 2 years now. so i will talk to Jason about getting another one. She has a bowl, with a seperater in it, so the males dont get together.

LuvGold00
01-12-2006, 03:41 PM
i am kind of intrested, i live with my boyfriends parents, and she has a male betta. (if you want to see him i can take a picture) im not sure how long she has had him, its been about 2 years now. so i will talk to Jason about getting another one. She has a bowl, with a seperater in it, so the males dont get together.

Are you looking to put another betta in with hers with the divider? How big is the tank, I don't suggest anything lower than 1/2 - 1 gallon per fish... :)

racing_gurl07
01-12-2006, 03:45 PM
its about 1/2 per fish. ill talk to them and see what everyone says. Jasons mom was thinking of putting her betta in the huge aquarium that they have, so im not srue what she wil do with the other bowl. you can take the seperator out, and i can use that for another betta. if i can get another one

CathyBogart
01-12-2006, 04:01 PM
*Sigh* I would love to, but I will probably never have fishies again. DBF feels that keeping fish in aquariums is extremely inhumane.

racing_gurl07
01-12-2006, 04:09 PM
where else are they supposed to live instead of an aquarium?

CathyBogart
01-12-2006, 04:20 PM
In the wild.

racing_gurl07
01-12-2006, 04:22 PM
they were bred for being pets

CathyBogart
01-12-2006, 08:42 PM
You obviously didn't read my first post. DBF feels that keeping fish is inhumane. Arguing with me about someone else's opinion is ridiculous.

LuvGold: Best of luck finding these guys new homes! THey're all gorgeous and i know you'll find them the best forever homes. :)

LuvGold00
01-12-2006, 08:44 PM
You obviously didn't read my first post. DBF feels that keeping fish is inhumane. Arguing with me about someone else's opinion is ridiculous.

LuvGold: Best of luck finding these guys new homes! THey're all gorgeous and i know you'll find them the best forever homes. :)

Thank you, I have someone from work bringing over their daughter tomorrow night to pick one out. :)

flamepony12
01-12-2006, 09:15 PM
aww, Kara, you know I'd take all of them in a second if I could. :o but, -looks at fuse- I still have this gorgeous guy from you, and I'm waiting for one of Erica's babies. Good luck! :)

dogzr#1
01-13-2006, 08:48 PM
i might be interested in one. I have a betta right now. if I do get one he/she will be in a totally different tank.

sandragonfly
01-13-2006, 11:33 PM
with various way of shipping, how will you ship one to me? I'm only two states away from you, do you cost the shipping by distance or pound?

I would love to have another one, especially the special pet talk betta! :D which one was picked tonight? I would love to have.... err, anyone! :)

and 1, 2, 3, 4, ..5 good luck!

crazy_caique
01-14-2006, 08:41 PM
They are all so beautiful.Good Luck finding homes.

sandragonfly
01-16-2006, 11:03 PM
just had to peek in here, see if I missed anything --

well, hope things are working out okay for every special betta! :)

My Peanuts
01-17-2006, 02:27 PM
I can take one if you think it's safe to ship one. I live about 10 miles outside of Chicago. Is that too far? I should ask my parents, but they won't care. I'm 25 years old and I take care of my animals very well, they won't mind. I already have a betta named Drew. I can put whoever needs a home the most in Drew old tank (about 2 1/2 gallons I think) until I get him/her a tank like Drew has now. I'm pretty good with fish. I've had Drew for over a year and after looking at pictures from when I got him he grew a lot. I forget what kind of water conditioner I use, but Drew thrives with it. I also use fresh water aquarium salt which reduces stress and disease. If you think I'm a good candidate for one of your guys please let me know. Is shipping a lot of money?

My Peanuts
01-17-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm interested in taking any of them, but I can only take one. They are all beautiful, and I will take which ever one you think is best. Ty is beautiful, but do you think with the fin rot he can make it being shipped?

Alysser
01-17-2006, 02:42 PM
I sadly, cannot take one. I am so sorry I can't take one! I would in an istant but we really have alot already. Please find them great homes. I am sure everyone who offered will have a great home for them! :D

My Peanuts
01-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Are your bettas still available? I'm just wondering. I was thinking about getting another one anyway, but I'd rather take one of yours especially if it will help you out. They are all beautiful!

LuvGold00
01-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Sorry about the delay!!!

I had a horrible computer crash and have been away for a while.

I have two left, Phylar and Typhoon.

Gina's Ark Inc.
2 States Away? I can ship to you Priority Mail 2-3 day service for like $5-6. Let me know!

My Peanuts
I'm pretty sure I'd have to ship to you overnight, which is $25. Let me know.

I appreciate it guys, the little girl that came took Ty, and she LOVES him!!

My Peanuts
01-26-2006, 12:58 PM
If you think Typhoon can make the trip with his fin rot I can send you a check. Let me know the exact amount and PM me your address and I can give you mine. It's a lot of money, but I'd rather help you and Typhoon.

Is there a special way to send live fish? I know there is, but I worry it's too stressful.

sandragonfly
01-26-2006, 05:39 PM
him being stressful is what I worry too. has he (phylar) been shipped before? by the way, he sure reminds me of my drapples! (:()

I'm not in my own place yet but when I do, I hope you'll still have him! :)

LuvGold00
01-26-2006, 06:52 PM
If you think Typhoon can make the trip with his fin rot I can send you a check. Let me know the exact amount and PM me your address and I can give you mine. It's a lot of money, but I'd rather help you and Typhoon.

Is there a special way to send live fish? I know there is, but I worry it's too stressful.

Typhoon is a Wal*Mart rescue, so he's been shipped before, probably in a worse way then I would be sending him. I have a insulated box, with lots of newspaper and a heat pack. He should make it just fine. I'll PM you in a few.

My Peanuts
01-27-2006, 11:48 AM
I sent you a pm with my info, but it will be on the check I send. :) Just a few questions... Is Typhoon on any medication for his fin rot now? What kind of food does he eat? Do you feed blood worms? (Drew loves those) Do you have any idea if he's young or old? Age isn't going to make a difference for me, I'm just curious. Thanks again!

LuvGold00
01-27-2006, 11:57 AM
I sent you a pm with my info, but it will be on the check I send. :) Just a few questions... Is Typhoon on any medication for his fin rot now? What kind of food does he eat? Do you feed blood worms? (Drew loves those) Do you have any idea if he's young or old? Age isn't going to make a difference for me, I'm just curious. Thanks again!

He isn't on any medication because he doesn't have fin rot anymore, his tail is just in the process of growing back. He just needs frequent water changes to keep it growing well. :) He eats Hikari Betta Bio-Gold... and he loves it. I feed them frozen (not freeze-dried) bloodworms for treats on occasion. I'm not sure of his age because I got him at Wal*Mart, but I would say anywhere from 1-2 years old.... since they are about 8 months when they arrive at W*M.

My Peanuts
01-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Drew eats the frozen blood worms as treats too.

I use the fresh water salt. That will probably help with his tail growth.

My Peanuts
01-30-2006, 12:21 PM
Ok, well I didn't get the check out on Saturday and it's too late to send it today. It will be on it's way tomorrow. I think I'm going to give Typhoon the tank Drew is in now, since it already has the good bacterial in it. I don't want to stress him out with haveing to cycle a brand new tank after being transported. Drew is healthy and strong. I'll get Drew the new tank and let him cycle a new one! :p

My Peanuts
01-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Ps. I'm really excited about this. :D

CathyBogart
01-30-2006, 05:46 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say I'm really thrilled you're having such good luck finding good homes for them! :)

My Peanuts
01-31-2006, 10:26 PM
The check for Typhoon is on the way! :) I wish I could take the others that you have left, but I can't. I hope they find good homes fast.

My Peanuts
02-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Did my check make it there yet?

My Peanuts
02-06-2006, 02:57 PM
BTW, I bought Drew and Typoon a Mini Bow 5. Drew is already living in it and we are getting a divider for Typhoon. Typhoon is going to be in a different tank until I'm sure they are both healthy ( I don't want either one getting the other one sick) and then he will move in with Drew. I'm still excited about my new addition!

LuvGold00
02-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Did my check make it there yet?

Yes, got your check!! I'll be sending him out next Friday the 17th overnight so he should arrive on Saturday the 18th! :)

My Peanuts
02-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Perfect, thanks!