PDA

View Full Version : Duchess is home now....

carole
01-11-2006, 07:58 PM
I was fortunate to be able to enlist the help of a friend to pick Duchess up early at lunchtime instead of after 6pm tonight, she is doing fine, and seeing her re-united with Vicky was worth every single minute, they were so happy to see each other, i released her back at the owners unit as Vicky had left my place and gone back, Dianne was there so i had a good chat with her, about defleaing and de-worming the cats, in the nicest way possible, she seems to be taking it on board, but whether she will do it or not it is hard to say.

I also offered to feed the cats which i have before, when she is away ,she really did not say yes or no, but said her son would not do it, so i will just continue the back yard feeding at home in the meantime.

So am relieved she is home and doing so well, her glands are down quite alot now and she was so happy to be home, smooching both Dianne and I. :)

kimboe
01-11-2006, 08:57 PM
I hope everyting goes well with kitty! :)

AbbyMom
01-11-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm so glad she's home and doing OK after her surgery. She seems like such a sweet kitty. And Victoria, too, seems sweet. I'm so glad that you're seeing to their basic needs.

Next time you see Duchess, give her a kiss for me!

carole
01-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I sure will, she is an adorable girl, they both are and deserve so much better than they have, still I am trying my best to educate Dianne on becoming a better pet owner rather than give her a hard time, she appears to take it in, and agreed that Vicky was looking way better and even mentioned her coat was much nicer, i told her that is because she is de-flead and de-wormed, she had to spend 145 dollars on pest control as her flat was full of fleas, which jolly well serves her right, but still if she had done the right thing in the first place, it would not have happened, and that money would have been better spent on paying for them to be spayed,still cannot cry over spilt milk , what is done is done,so hopefully she will invest in buying advantage from now, but you can never tell with her, whether she intend to actually do it or just says it to make me think it, Still i can only hope for the best.

kuhio98
01-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Carole ~ I'm so glad to hear that Duchess is home and doing well. You're doing such a great job with Dianne as well. Proper pet care has probably never been explained to her or she has not seen it in her family.

I get upset when well-intentioned people come down hard on others about their pet care. I always try to keep in mind that my ultimate goal is to help the pet. If you tick off the person, their pet suffers. It sounds like you are using the gentle, educational approach and it is working well.

You are leading by example. And that's the best way. Hats off to you!

carole
01-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Thank you Lisa, well it is hard to do sometimes, believe me, inside i feel quite angry with her at times, but i just have to keep that inside and vent out here and to my family and friends about it all, i seriously doubt that she is taking it all in though, but i can but only try and hope the outcome for the kitties is going to get better,well at least they are ensured no more hungry bellies whilst i am around, but of course if and when she shifts that will all end, so i have to try my darnest to get her to understand their needs so that she will continue with it when and if she leaves this area, still Lisa you and I have piece of mind knowing those two kittie won't be having anymore babies, that in itself ensures a better life for them too.