PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Stamps!

Jessika
01-11-2006, 07:50 PM
My sister found this! I think its, well not THE coolest thing ever but still pretty darned cool!

http://photo.stamps.com/PhotoStamps/?_requestid=156687

Almita
01-11-2006, 08:25 PM
how cute I was looking at the little slideshow that shows right when you click on it the baby is cute and the two boston terrier. I agree those are pretty cool!

Felix
01-12-2006, 06:51 AM
Those are too cool.I wish they had them for Canada.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-12-2006, 08:43 AM
In Belgium it is also possible to order such stamps! I used to have some with Inka on it! Maybe I'd better order some new ones for the next X-mas card exchange!

king2005
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
We have had those kinds of stamps for quite a few years now. I remember this old OLD OLD guy coming in with his lovely photo of him on his stamps & mailing them to the usa :)

Many people put their pets on the stamps

Husky_mom
01-12-2006, 11:01 AM
how cool!! i wish we had those in mexico :(
tha bostons reminded me of beenie and frankie!!!

Sonia59
01-12-2006, 11:08 AM
The post company in France also does it for twice the normal price of a stamp. It's a great idea.

Those are too cool.I wish they had them for Canada.

I am surprised they don't do it in Canada. Don't they???

Felix
01-13-2006, 08:03 AM
I have never heard of them here where I live,but I sure will find out.

king2005
01-13-2006, 08:59 AM
I have never heard of them here where I live,but I sure will find out.

Canada Post Picture Postage (http://canadapost.ca/personal/collecting/default-e.asp?stamp=postage)

Felix
01-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Wow! thanks for the link I have to check it out now.Yay! finally something available here :o

king2005
01-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Wow! thanks for the link I have to check it out now.Yay! finally something available here :o

hehe its been out for years with Canada Post :) Many post office are ignorent & don't advertize things like they should. I had random things displayed at my post office & changed them once a month. But the picture stamp was one thing I had all year round up, as its very popular :)

tomkatzid
01-13-2006, 02:04 PM
I just received a Thank You letter with one of the stamps. It's of Cashew's birthday party. Below is her photo too.
The envelope is made from old calendars. My friend karyl, Cashew's Mom, makes lots of these. They are wonderful.
Katz
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/tomkatzid/Untitled-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/tomkatzid/cashewsnoozinginchair.jpg

Glacier
01-13-2006, 02:23 PM
My Mom gets me these sometimes. I have some with Muskwa, some with Glacier & Pete and some with me hugging Hoodoo.

If you are ordering Canadian ones, remember that the price of a stamp goes up to 51 cents on Monday, January 16.

king2005
01-13-2006, 02:31 PM
My Mom gets me these sometimes. I have some with Muskwa, some with Glacier & Pete and some with me hugging Hoodoo.

If you are ordering Canadian ones, remember that the price of a stamp goes up to 51 cents on Monday, January 16.

The value of the photo stamp is whatever the current value is.. if you look at the stamps there is no value on them. The same goes for any canadian stamp or stamped envelope. if there is no value on the stamp its whatever the curent value is. I have 3yr old prepaid envelopes & they are good forever. I got them at .49 & if the value ever gets to 5.00 its still good & doesn't need more stamps :)

There are some 1997 blue jay stamps & they have no value on them & they are still being used today (at the cuttent value) .

Dang I learned WAY too much the 3yrs I ran the post office.. get out useless information, get out!

lv4dogs
01-13-2006, 02:55 PM
The envelope is made from old calendars. My friend karyl, Cashew's Mom, makes lots of these. They are wonderful.

I love decorated envelopes. What a neat idea! Well as long as you don't have any personal info on the calendar side. lol

Glacier
01-13-2006, 03:01 PM
The value of the photo stamp is whatever the current value is..Dang I learned WAY too much the 3yrs I ran the post office.. get out useless information, get out!

Good to know. Thanks. They were still trying to sell me 50 cent stamps yesterday at the post office here! Apparently they wanted me to come back and buy one cent stamps next week. :rolleyes:

Suki Wingy
01-13-2006, 03:34 PM
These are cool, they have them on cafepress too

Jessika
01-13-2006, 04:06 PM
These are cool, they have them on cafepress too

Cafepress can't sell "real" stamps as postage since they aren't "certified" or some jazz like that.

king2005
01-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Good to know. Thanks. They were still trying to sell me 50 cent stamps yesterday at the post office here! Apparently they wanted me to come back and buy one cent stamps next week. :rolleyes:

they aren't suppose to do that. They are to suppose to tell you that the stamps are going up on *whichever date* & let you decide which ones you want to use.

They MUST have a sign up stating the value is going on up *whichever date*. Its usually a TP stype sign (it was the past 2 years).

If they try to sell you an old stamp (without the penny stamp) REPORT THEM! I ran into SOOO many customers coming to me asking when it went up, or I noticed they had old stamps & they said they bought them lst week or the daybefore & its been weeks to months after the stamps went up! There was a reason why I was one of the busiest postal outlest going. I had people traveling 20km just to go to my postal outlet :eek: My outlet was known for NOT screwing customers & telling the truth 100%.

I reported nearly 10 shops last year who screwed customers over :mad: My Canada Post reo was NOT happy about it, as it makes customers angry & use the postal office less & less :mad:

Canada Post is a good company, its the stupid outlets that don't care & piss everyone off :mad:

Edit: Forgot, they MUST let you buy the new stamps starting (usually around jan 1st). Were you able to buy the .51 stamps? if not let me know, I might not work at the PO anymore, but I still have MANY friends in the PO & in Canada Post (a well known Manager heheh)