PDA

View Full Version : Where's your favorite place to shop for clothes?

Zany_girlie
01-11-2006, 07:45 PM
I was just wondering where everyone else liked to shop for their clothes........my favorite places to shop are.......abercrombie, aeropostale, and American eagle. Where does eveyone else like to shop? :)

KYS
01-11-2006, 07:50 PM
I like shopping at Robinson's May.

Jessika
01-11-2006, 07:52 PM
I like PacSun personally. I'm not too into stores like A&F, AE or Hollister etc because they don't make sizes any larger than a 10... lol. Not that I'm bigger than a 10 but I think its kind of rude in some cases and ahh I don't exactly know how to put my thoughts

neko1
01-11-2006, 08:24 PM
NY & Co., Lord & Taylor, and Annie Sez- cause it's right down the street from my job and it makes for a great lunchtime shopping outing!

Almita
01-11-2006, 08:26 PM
I shop at A&F, Anchor Blue, Target, Hot Topic I love the stewie shirts and guitar shirts! I'm into rock stuff so ya.

Kfamr
01-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Thrift Stores.

CagneyDog
01-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Anywhere that I can find something that is comfortable.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-11-2006, 08:44 PM
I don't have a favourite place to shop I hate shopping for clothes and only do so when I need to (lol...actually I just hate shopping for anything for myself, I'd much rather spend money on the dogs). I usually try to find things that are on sale and comfortable.

joanofark
01-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Aero- I mostly like their sweatshirts and t-shirts, Kohls- I like everything there, Walmart, JCpenny- Mostly for sweaters and skirts, Old Navy, and as said by Kay: Thrift stores- that is the only place I ever get my jeans!! :) I ussually try to go to theese stores when the have sales though!!

Oh boy, now I want to go shopping!! :p ;)

Uabassoon
01-11-2006, 09:07 PM
I love Gap for pants, I'm short so I have a hard time finding pants that aren't too long. The Gap is one of the few places that has pants short enough for me. For tops I like A&F, but I usually shop in the kids section and buy boys shirts.

christa
01-11-2006, 09:12 PM
My entire wardrobe comes from B.Moss. Except my jeans. They must come from American Eagle. I live in their jeans!

Alysser
01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
I like Aeropastle and American Eagle. Abercrombie goes overboard to me. But that's just my opinion. SO yeah, I like those stores alot.

luvofallhorses
01-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Anywhere that I can find something that is comfortable.

same here. :)

Corinna
01-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Kay I'm with you when I by anything . Usually my mom cleans her closet but now I wear a smaller size than her.

kimboe
01-11-2006, 11:48 PM
I like to buy clothes at Dynamite, Stichhes, A&E, Jacob, West 49, and thrift stores. :)

Jessika
01-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention Kohls! A WONDERFUL place to find decent clothes for CHEAP! :D

K9karen
01-12-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm a Lands End freak. Great fitting clothes that last forever through hundreds of washings. Great shoes too, I just discovered Kohl's too, since they're pretty far from my house.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-12-2006, 03:46 AM
At a shop called "PAPRIKA" in Ghent. It is a shop for "larger" sizes. The smallest size is a "europian 44" :) . I went there last week as there were sales going on. I tried on 2 skirts, and guess what???? They were to BIG!!! Oh my, what a wonderful experience: usually everything I try on is way to small :rolleyes: :(
I bought 2 shirts and 3 wonderful t-shirts with long sleeves :)

lv4dogs
01-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Thrift Stores.

I love thrift store shopping! TJ max is also decent so is walmart. I've heard good things about Kohls... I'll have to check it out!

I like PacSun personally
I've never heard of PacSun, they do have a Pacific Sunwear near me that has AWESOME clotehs, VERY expensive but great clothes. But they don't carry anything under a size 8 or 10 either, not that I wear them but I feel the same way you do, I think it's rude too. Hard to explain it.

sirrahbed
01-12-2006, 09:32 AM
I usually buy my clothing at Wal-Mart. They have lots of cute shirts and the brand of jeans I love - Faded Glory bootcut for larger women :)

Jeans and tees are pretty much all I have and wear.

finn's mom
01-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Goodwill! I refuse to go into an Abercrombie & Fitch store...I swear it's like those kids are told to be stuck up and rude, I don't think I've ever had a single worker say anything to me or anyone else in the store the few times I've been in there. And, they have some of the absolute cutest things, too. Ugh. I do like American Eagle and Aeropostale, but, haven't been in either in a long time. Same with Express. I tend to get everything from Goodwill, lately. I'm sure once I start making extra money again, that will change somewhat. But, I find such awesome clothes that have never even been worn (tags still on) at Goodwill, I'll probably always go there once in awhile. It's just right now, I don't have much choice. But, hey, I got a pair of Chucks for $3, so, I owe Goodwill. ;)

finn's mom
01-12-2006, 10:02 AM
I've never heard of PacSun, they do have a Pacific Sunwear near me .

They're the same thing. ;) As far as I know, anyway. I love that store.

IRescue452
01-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Kohls, goodwill, thrift stores. I agree with Finn's mom. I swore off popular culture, as in mall clothes, because I think there is something seriously wrong with the people. It amazes me to think that people actually pay $150 for the same pair of pants I buy at kohls for $14. I can go to the church rummage sale near my house and stuff a bag full of never used, tags still on, mall clothes for $2. I actually have more nice clothes in my closet than most people I know because I only pay a dollar on average for a shirt.

joanofark
01-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention Kohls! A WONDERFUL place to find decent clothes for CHEAP! :D

Ditto!!

Yeah I don't think I have ever went into Abercrombie before! They have some cute clothes I can see but the prices... WOW!!:eek::eek::rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
01-12-2006, 11:56 AM
I am with kfamr and finn's Mom with the thrift stores. I CAN afford to shop any store in the mall but I am really not into fancy things. I shop the Goodwill and thrift stores a LOT and have found some wonderful things there. I also shop garage sales and stuff for things I want. I got the dress I wore to my Grand daughters wedding at the Goodwill store and I can tell you, I could not have found a dress in any mall store that complimented me more than that dress! It made me look 20 pounds lighter and took my breath away when I tried it on and saw how it looked.

mruffruff
01-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Thrift stores!

I CAN pay more for clothes, but I don't see any point in it. (I did buy 3 pairs of stretch jeans at Wal-Mart recently. They actually fit right!)

cyber-sibes
01-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I work in a C.J. Banks (woomen's sizes), with a Christopher and Banks (reg. sizes) right next door - I love their clothes, and get alot of shirts & sweaters there, and some pants. I go to department stores for my jeans, can't seem to find ones that fit at CJ's. I used to go to thrift shops and Walmart alot.

Zany_girlie
01-12-2006, 02:52 PM
wow i didnt realize how strongly people felt about abercrombie! o well i still like it but i can see where some of you are coming from and about the people there not being friendly, every abercrombie store ive ever been in has some of the most friendly workers i've ever met............

Roxyluvsme13
01-12-2006, 02:57 PM
I like PacSun personally. I'm not too into stores like A&F, AE or Hollister etc because they don't make sizes any larger than a 10... lol. Not that I'm bigger than a 10 but I think its kind of rude in some cases and ahh I don't exactly know how to put my thoughts
I agree! A&F and Hollister only make up to sizes 11...My butt isnt that small! ;) hehe. Mine are Aeropostale, American Eagle, Target, and for accessories only Proffitts.(I'm a purse fanatic, and its like purse heaven!)

Corinna
01-12-2006, 03:06 PM
I will not shop in Target due to their policy of dening the Salvation Armies kettles there. Wal-mart and shopko match what is collected in front of there stores . I like our walmart and my daughter works for Shopko.

Roxyluvsme13
01-12-2006, 03:25 PM
I will not shop in Target due to their policy of dening the Salvation Armies kettles there. Wal-mart and shopko match what is collected in front of there stores . I like our walmart and my daughter works for Shopko.
Our Target has Salvation Army kettles there... :confused:

cyber-sibes
01-12-2006, 03:27 PM
I will not shop in Target due to their policy of dening the Salvation Armies kettles there.
Ditto! I used to shop for clothes at Shopco, they had nice things, but we don't have one nearby anymore.

moosmom
01-12-2006, 05:36 PM
I like consignment shops. There's one in Rocky Hill, CT that is awesome! Of course, I also go to Target and Kohls or wherever there are sales.

catnapper
01-12-2006, 06:03 PM
I only shop at the outlets. I can't afford regular stores.

tomkatzid
01-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Thrift stores for us, and Costco. I've been on vacation for the last month and have been to every thrift store in a 100 mile radius. I usually don't go when they have the sales going on, too many people. But I do go to at least one or two a week. Addiction !!?? :eek:
Best buy ever in a thrift store ever ?? A $450.00 Hartman brief case for $4.99. Like new, perfect condition. Couldn't believe it.

Jessika
01-12-2006, 06:14 PM
I've never heard of PacSun, they do have a Pacific Sunwear near me that has AWESOME clotehs, VERY expensive but great clothes. But they don't carry anything under a size 8 or 10 either, not that I wear them but I feel the same way you do, I think it's rude too. Hard to explain it.

Pac Sun is Pacific Sunwear, its just PacSun for short. I LOVE that place though! They always have GREAT sales on hoodies, and not cheap hoodies either :)

buttercup132
01-12-2006, 06:32 PM
west 49, boat house and jean machine, except my jeans are all from thrift stores. ans ebay :D :p

Corinna
01-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Roxy you have a very odd store then becouse Targets corprate policy is no to the kettles It offends those not christan and disturbs them. Of course they are French owned.

caseysmom
01-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Target being french owned is a myth, and Target gives more to charity than most stores. (I am not affiliated with target but researched this last time this came up)

jazzcat
01-12-2006, 10:41 PM
I LOVE Kohl's and recently I discovered Christopher and Banks and Coldwater Creek for there cute cat themed sweaters and PJs.

I also like Dillard's when there is a sale.

Sometimes I have luck at Ross and T.J. Maxx too.

Corinna
01-12-2006, 11:06 PM
The research I have seen No directly not but the holding corperation that handles the chain is french owned . Yes if you want to list the charities they support people her would be rather surprized.

caseysmom
01-13-2006, 01:16 AM
Here's the info I found

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.

Can you point me to the info you found?

LoudLou
01-13-2006, 03:40 AM
Here's the info I found

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.

Can you point me to the info you found?

:confused: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/sallyann.asp

IRescue452
01-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Our targets in WI still have kettles. I hate it. I've got to walk past them without giving anything or only dropping in a few cents because our family actually gets stuff from them. I feel like such an a**hole. I wish they just had the kettles sitting out without the bell ringers or something where you don't have to feel like a jerk for not having extra money. But thats just a rant and we're getting of the subject of the thread.

KYS
01-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Corinna,
The Target retailer I believe has a no-solicitation policy and made an
exception for the salvation army. (this is the reason for the
non-kettle policy)
I am a Salvation army supporter and I contribute them via
mail. But even I feel uncomfortable with any solicitor's
in front of store fronts.

lv4dogs
01-13-2006, 09:55 AM
I will not shop in Target due to their policy of dening the Salvation Armies kettles there.

I hear you. Although I try not to shop there, I do occasionally as I have 2 Targets within 7-10 minutes from me and the closest Walmart is about 35 minutes away. But even so I usually take the trip to WM if I can, I only shop at Target about twice a year and one of the times it is because I get a gift certifate for there every year for my b-day, even after I tell that person I would prefer one for any other store.

Corinna
01-13-2006, 11:20 AM
I haven't stepped in to one for about 3 years.

Miss Z
01-13-2006, 11:25 AM
YAY this is my kind of thread:D :D :D !!!!

Well, i love Kendalls in Manchester, and i also like Zara (no, not just cos it's my name, but it sells nice stuff;) )

caseysmom
01-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Some more info on target, sorry I just don't like folks to believe unfounded rumors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_Corporation

KYS
01-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Thankyou Caseysmom for the post.

lisalee
01-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Nothing fancy for me. :) I like to shop at Target, Walmart, and Kmart for clothes. I also really like Boscov's, I think they have great sale prices on there clothes.

Samantha Puppy
01-13-2006, 06:02 PM
My entire wardrobe comes from B.Moss. I love B. Moss!!! Hardly anyone I know knows of it though.

I love B. Moss, Kohl's, Hecht Co., Ann Taylor (when I can afford it...), Gap and Aeropostale (though a lot of their stuff is looking too young for me...).

Suki Wingy
01-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Honestly I don't know, wherever I can find jeans that fit me just right and wherever I can stand to be in long enough to find a pair ( sometimes I have to try on 20 pairs before I find one I might consider buying) That is why I continue to wear badly ripped up jeans. I do like the brand Vigoss though. For shirts about 1/3 my wardrobe is old navy solid streach shirts, 3 different colors of longsleave and 3 different of shortsleave. The rest is stuff I picked up along the way like 4H shirts and school shirts, like when my school's basketball team won state they made a shirt and sold them for $10 each so I bought one. I sound like I have no style from my post but I really do, I woun't just buy anything, It has to both fit correctly and not blow my budget.
As for soes that actually fit (Womens size 11-12) I love Converse Hightops because they are unisex and they FIT! Before I found them I had to wear boston birks and they were $100 and I wore one pair out in a year. I would rather spend my money on stuff like my animals and technology and riding gear!

king2005
01-13-2006, 07:50 PM
when I really need new clothing I go to wal-mart.. but my clothing is still in great condition & its over 10yrs old, so I don't have to replace it with wal-mart junk very often..

But for ladies underware & bras I go to Zellers.. they carry my fav brands.

Suki Wingy
01-13-2006, 07:50 PM
west 49, boat house and jean machine, except my jeans are all from thrift stores. ans ebay :D :p
HOW can you buy jeans by only a picture?? :eek: LUCKY!!

Toby's my baby
01-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Most of my clothes are from Aero, but I have a few clothes from Vanity (they have some of the NICEST workers ever!) and I have a few from Abercrombie, I love Abercrombie, and they have REALLY nice clothes, but I agree with some of the things you all said, the Abercrombies that I have been to have had very rude workers. Last time we went there, we asked to get a dressing room, and the girl in the front goes, just go back there (towards the rooms) nad find someone over there to help you :rolleyes: then nobody was over by the dressing rooms, so we asked her again, and shes like, o, those ones are closed, you have to go to the back. . . ok. . . so we go to the back (i've never been in this abercrombie before) and we cant find dressing rooms ANYWHERE and they were of no help, but I did buy some clothes :rolleyes:

sammy101
01-13-2006, 08:36 PM
American Eagle,Target,Old Navy,department stores and a few others.

slick
01-13-2006, 08:40 PM
when I really need new clothing I go to wal-mart.. but my clothing is still in great condition & its over 10yrs old, so I don't have to replace it with wal-mart junk very often..
But for ladies underware & bras I go to Zellers.. they carry my fav brands.
You and me both. Actually, I only shop when and if necessary and I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than shop for clothes or shoes. I recently needed a jacket and bought one for 1/2 price at WalMart. Same as you King, I've been wearing the same work clothes for about 6 years and pretty soon I'm going to have gear myself up to replace a top or two. I'm putting it off as long as possible. :rolleyes:

MariaM
01-14-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't really have a 'favorite place'. My wardrobe comes from all over. Basically everything I own was on sale though, or a good regular price. If I'm going shopping, I'll walk in a store and walk right to the "Sale" clothes. If I look around and see nothing on sale, I usually leave. I just can't afford things like that! I went into an A&F store ONCE, at the end of this past December, while I was in Kansas City, and the prices were INSANE. I also went into a PacSun and Buckle - both very very expensive. So the store doesn't really matter to me. If I find an article of clothing (or shoes, whatever) that I like and is a good deal, I buy it. Simple as that. :p