PDA

View Full Version : Stupied Owners.*Final Update*

Felix
01-11-2006, 03:30 PM
I am so mad right now I could scream...ahhhh! :mad: There.Sorry but I have to vent.

Last night around 6:00 pm I was in my kitchen when a heard a LOUD meow at my door. :confused: I went to investigate and to much of my surprise there was this beautiful big,black,fluffy cat sittng on my rail looking in the window of my door mowing to get inside.Lastnight it was extremly cold and blowing snow :eek: .I went out to see if the cat was ok,she was cold and hungry.I gave her water and fed her a whole bag of whisker temptation treats and a can of food which she ate like a savage.I have never seen her around before as there are no many cats in my area. :eek: I started asking around to see if I could find her owner while she stayed eating on my step.I found out were she lived and when I went there the place was in complete darkness and as I was leaving I saw a litter box on the side of the house,out in the snow,covered with fresh snow.My heart started breaking because the first thing I thought of is that she was abandoned.

I went back to my house where the cat was waiting and I could'nt leave her outside alone,so I decided to stay out there with her until the owner returned.I held her in my arms and smoothed her as she purred and rubbed against me.She was such a sweetheart.4 hours had passed when the owner finally returned.(I was planning to take her in overnight until I could phone the SPCA in the morning if no one returned)

I marched over there and asked if she owned a large black female cat.She said yes why?I said because she meowed at my door to get in and I have spent the last 4 hours outside feeding her and trying to keep her warm.I said its really too cold to have an animal left outside and I was concerned for the cat.You know what she said.NOT thanks or anything like that.She said "well I only let her out when I went to work this morning":confused: like lady do you have a clue?Its blowing a storm,below temperature and you let your freaking cat out.I didnt say that to her...but I felt like I should have.I had to leave before I punched her. :mad: so I said well I just wanted to make sure she is in for the night and left.

Poor kitty my heart went out for her.I was so angry I had to get this off my chest.Stupied owners like that really get to me. :mad:

Thanks for listening,Marlaina.

catmandu
01-11-2006, 06:01 PM
I would take her in,and keep her,like I did Tubby2,as those Idiots do not deserve a Gorgeous Cat like that.
I hope that you didnt tell this Cretin where you lived.
If you cant take her yourself,we pray that you can find this Beauty a Furr Ever Home where she will get the Love and TLC that she needs so very much.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-11-2006, 06:09 PM
I understand how you feel. I personally would never leave out any animals while I was gone all day, bad weather or not! I'd be too worried about something happening while I was gone. Luckily the cat found you, and maybe what you said had some effect on her owner. On the other hand, some people never learn! :rolleyes:

kb2yjx
01-11-2006, 06:25 PM
People just do not get it!!! They think a cat cando just fine outside, because it can hunt for its food and has a "fur" coat!!! Honestly, I think if I could have, I would have kept the cat. That woman does not deserve to have that sweet creature!!!!

moosmom
01-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Next time you see that poor cat out in that kind of weather, take her in. Those idiots don't deserve her. There are laws against that kind of thing. Animals need shelter. If they aren't going to provide it, maybe you can???

Catty1
01-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Bless you for doing what you did! A litter box OUTSIDE????

I'd call the SPCA on this lady, for sure.

Some people just don't THINK - her parents should have been candidates for a spay-neuter program themselves~! :mad:

I agree with others here - the next time you see her outside, just bring her in and keep her!

She seemed to know where to go!

Catty1

moosmom
01-11-2006, 08:24 PM
A litter box OUTSIDE????

That was my first thought!!

momcat
01-11-2006, 08:42 PM
By calling them stupid, you're being much too kind. A litter box outside in the snow :eek:! I don't even want to think of where this poor kitty's food might have been, assuming there was any left for her/him. Because of your caring, kitty had a nice full tummy and the warmth of your love for those few hours. Don't be surprised if kitty calls to visit again. Please report this "person" to any and all authorities involved with animal welfare. This was blatant and intentional cruelty. Thank you for giving kitty help and comfort!!! And please let us know if he/she visits you again?

orangemm
01-12-2006, 04:47 AM
take the cat IN, leave the woman OUT. see how she likes it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sonia59
01-12-2006, 05:52 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: I wish this woman would loose her keys or something and had to stay at her door the whole night in the snow!!

May be the cat will try to visit you again or find a better home by herself in the neighborhood. She does not deserves to stay with this :mad: :mad: :mad:

Felix
01-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Lastnight,I should say this morning at 12:30am the cat revisited :( She was meowing at my door and trying to get in.I am unable to take her in due to Felix.The little one on both occassions came after hours.I fed fer again,a can of food and a bag of treats(I cant give her hard food because the food I got is perscription food)and again she ate like a savage.Like she had never been fed since the last time I fed her.When she was done she stayed awhile cleaning herself and than left.I guess she has found shelter somewhere else,she comes here for food ???

I just watched the owners leave for work at around 8 am.I am unsure where the cat is right now but this is what I have done so far...

I just got of the phone with the SPCA answering system.I told the lady taking the message this story and someone from the animal cruelty department will be contacting me today.I also want them to give me a contact number for after hours,so that when/if the cat returns tonight I can get her shelter.

Its an awful feeling knowing that the cat came to me for help and I had to leave her out in the cold again.I literally got sick lastnight of thought of her being outside...alone.Why do I feel guilty?Why do I feel like I done something wrong? :confused: Im sorry but I am really sadened by all of this. :(

Marlaina.

Catty1
01-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Marlaina - you are doing a LOT! Feeding that kitty!

You can always take her to the shelter, with the proviso that they call you if they can't find her a home.

Or - what is it with Felix? Do you have a separate room for the little kitty where you could set up a temporary box and feeding area? Might Felix get used to her/him through the door?

It might take the shock of this cat going to a shelter and the SPCA giving the woman and man an education about cat care - it might sink in! Especially if she comes to your place starving. (and the outdoor litter box - what are they THINKING???)

Keep us posted, and don't feel bad. I know none of us likes to rock the boat and 'insult' other people - things will work out as they should, Marlaina.

hugs
Catty1

catmandu
01-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Thats a Great Idea to put her in a seperate Room,as I think that after a while Felix will realize that a New Friend would be GREAT.

Felix
01-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Its not so much Felix its the "Boss man" that says no way :rolleyes: Although we really dont have a room to put her in only our porch which is super tiny.I already tried to introduce the two and Felix didnt like the idea.I would take this girl if I could trust me.But right now I can't. :(

I still never heard back from anyone,they cant give me a time for sure to when someone will get back to me,because its on a volunteer basis.I will phone shortly after dinner to make sure there wasnt a mix up of some sort.I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the support,Marlaina.

Randi
01-12-2006, 10:11 AM
After reading your first post, I felt sure this kitty would come back to you. I'm so glad you helped, feeding and giving the kitty comfort, and contacting SPCA. I hope they can take her for a while, until she finds a loving home. It seems that her family doen't care much for this kitty. :( :mad:

I suggest for now that you build a little house out of polystyrene boxes, they insulate very well. Cover it with thick plastic and cut a hole to get in and out. Put some old blankets or towels in, and put the house in a covered/not windy area by your house, if possible. That will at least keep her warm until you find a solution.

Our greengrocers get vegetables delivered in boxes similar to these, if you put two together, with tape around the middle, you have a house for the kitty.

http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=img&cs=iso88591&q=polystyrene+boxes&rys=0&itag=crv&_sb_lang=pref&o=0

Look at no. 2 in the bottom row

Best of luck! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Poor kitty - she is so lucky to have found you. A warm shelter and food near you has to be better than the life she has now

furrykidsmother
01-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Thank you so much for all that you have done and all that you are doing for her. She is lucky she found you. How upsetting though, some people just don't deserve to have pets!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Laura's Babies
01-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Some people are just CLUELESS and have no business having pets! I would have went into the program of what can happen to pets outside and how many dangers there are out there, how cruel people are to pets and how she could be snatched up and sold to some lab.. I would come up with all the horror stories I could remember.

Felix
01-12-2006, 11:25 AM
I have little news for I am making slow progress.

I never heard back from the SPCA so I called Humane services.They are going to issue a "Roaming cats notice" to the owner.The girl I was talking to gave me a womans name who I should speak with at the SPCA.So I called back and asked for her and all she told me was to try and catch the cat and bring it in.They will keep the cat for 3 days to see if the owner will try to claim it.If the owner dont come forward then they will do what they can to try and find her a forever home.

I was surprised to learn that there is absolutely no after hour programs for neglected animals.It's actually shocking how very little is being done for these poor animals.

I will work on some type of shelter for the cat today,in case she returns again tonight.I already got her dish ready to go.I will try to get her to a shelter tomorrow,if I can find her.I cant leave her like this over the weekend.This is the type of weather we are having NL Weather (http://www.weathernetwork.ca/weather/cities/can/pages/CANF0253.htm)

I will keep the updates comming.Thoughts and prayers for the kittys safety would be appreciated .

Marlaina.

Randi
01-12-2006, 11:39 AM
I am surprized that they can't keep her longer than that. Then hopefully, they'll find her a family.

The wether you have is definately not suitable for a kitty to be outside without shelter. I hope you get something together for her - it's really very easy to make. :)

Give her a kiss from me when she shows up, and please let us know what happens.

AbbyMom
01-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Here's a shelter idea:

Several years ago, I "found" an abandoned cat that I couldn't bring in, either. I created a shelter from the cat carrier. I put it on my patio, placed lots of towels inside, and an old rubber-backed throw rug over the top. Oh, I wrapped cardboard in a plastic garbage sack and placed it under the carrier to help prevent the cold coming up from the patio.

I put a bowl of food in it and immediately she knew it was for her! She went right in and lived there, protected from the snow, until I found her a home. (Except when it got too cold, I moved everything into the garage with a space heater.)

I had to rig the carrier door so it would stay open.

Good thoughts and prayers for this sweet kitty that deserves a loving home. Thank you for taking care of her.

G535
01-12-2006, 06:27 PM
I'd throw out the "Boss man" and replace him with the cat! :D

Seriously though I think you're doing a great job of looking after this poor cat and I hope things turn out right for both of you. :)

Felix
01-13-2006, 08:09 AM
The kitty never returned after lastnight.Im hoping the owner got the roaming notice issued by the Humane Services and decided to keep the cat in.If thats the case I hope the lesson is learned and I never see that kitty again(I mean that in a good way)If I do see the kitty in the future I will take matters in my own hands and bring her into the SPCA.

Thanks for your concern and support

Marlaina.

Randy_K
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
I would have cared for the cat as you did but I would have probably called the woman an moron to her face.

Many years ago a neighbor of my mom had the sweetest cat who loved to be held and loved lap time. He even fell asleep while I was holding him. At his home he was tormented by both the man of the house (I use that term loosely) and their seven year old son who threw rocks at the cat. We found a new home for him where he is today - ten years later! He's well loved and knows it. At his first home the "man of the house" wore a baseball cap all of the time and even ten years later he gets frightened by anyone wearing a cap.

Catty1
01-14-2006, 09:30 AM
I hope that woman and her husband are looking after the kitty properly.

No matter - she knows where to go if she 'escapes'!

Maybe a pamphlet on basic cat care that dispels a few myths (like they have fur so they are fine kind of nonsense) tucked in the door or mailbox might be useful.

Would the SPCA or etc have something on their website?

Bless you for caring and helping!

moosmom
01-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Another great "shelter" idea is to buy the largest storage tub you can find. Flip it over with the cover on the bottom and cut a whole in it large enough for the kitty to get through. Line the bottom with newspaper (great insulator), hay and a blanket. That's what we, the people in MY rescue group, use as a makeshift shelter. It works great and will definitely help her escape from the cold winter air.

Thank you so much for caring about the kitty. I hope these people have decided to take her in and care for her. If not, the next time you see her, snatch her up! They don't deserve her.

babychicaleek
01-15-2006, 08:34 AM
That's cruel and mean and a litterbox outside??????????????? I woulda decked her that's got me maaadd :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :

momcat
01-15-2006, 12:24 PM
You have done very well keeping this poor kitty fed and speaking out for her to the authorities. Hopefully they did what they said they would. Even though this is a horrible situation, you did everything you could. Don't feel guilty for not being able to take her in. We can hope that she was picked up by someone else who will keep her, love her, and give her the life she deserves. As for those morons across the street, I'm not sure that any warning, notice, or citation from the animal authorities will make any difference. Some "people" just never get the message! Prayers are being prayed for the kitty girl.....

Felix
01-20-2006, 01:55 PM
The cat returned a couple times this week.One time I took the cat back to its owner and when I asked "Is this your cat"?she said yes.I told her that I have been looking after the cat feeding it and such for sometime,She said to the cat "At least I know someone is taking care of you" :eek: and as Iwas handing the cat back to her she said "Do you want to adopt him?"and smerked.I snached the cat back and asked"Do you want this cat or not?,because if you dont there are shelters out there that will take this cat and find him a good home if you dont".She said no its not like that,the cat is a tom cat and I cant keep it in,everytime I open the door he takes off,and he's not neutered.So I went on telling her that she cant continue leaving her cat outside and that if the cat wants to be out now and then,she should buy a harnus and leash so that it wont stray off in the streets,and told her she should get him neutered.

Surprise,surprise the cat came back a couple more times.Lastnight he returned again.The weather was awful,high winds,very cold temp.So I made him shelter out of a storage container.I tipped it on its side and I wrapped the outside with a mattress cover and filled it with blankets and a fleece nightgown of mine.I put in some food and a mouse toy and left it on my doorstep for him to sleep in.Well slept there all night and never got up until 8:30 am.I watched him go to what he knows is home to be let in.That didnt happen.The owner left for work again without letting the kitty in.I waited until 10:00 am for the Humaine services to open and I took him down.

I walked in with the cat and asked where do I go to drop of a stray.She said "even if this is your cat we will still take him"She thought it was mine,and I was trying to get rid of him.Well I guess the fancy cat tent that I had him in didnt help much,and the fact I wanted them to get in touch with me to let me know the outcome didnt help either :rolleyes: So I explained that I called last week about this situation and that they were going to issue a roaming cats notice to the owner and they told me if the neglect continues than for me to capture the catand bring him in.So thats what I done.I asked if the notice was given and she said NO it wouldn't be sent out yet if you only called last week :confused: So nothing was done on there part to help me lastweek when I spent hours on the phone trying to help this kitty. :(

The lady told me that he is around 10 months old.They will keep him for 7 days to see if the owner claims him,if the owner dont claim him in 7days he will go up for adoption.They will keep him as long as they have the room and he gets along well the the other animals.She made a note on the paper for someone to call me to let me know what happens to him :)

I couldn't help but feel sad when I left him there.A couple weeks of looking out for that little guy I guess I was a little attached.I know I done the right thing and it is for the best.

I will let you know if they contact me.

Thanks for everything,Marlaina.

Catty1
01-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Things have a way of working out Marlaina.

I can't believe that woman - won't pay for getting him neutered then boots him outside because he sprays!

I hope SHE is spayed because I don't want to see the Living Creatures Stupid Gene passed on.

If Boss Man softens a bit...maybe you could keep the kitty in a large dog cage in your bedroom, away from Felix for a bit. After he's neutered, of course!

Prayers coming your way!

Felix
01-20-2006, 04:13 PM
If Boss Man softens a bit...maybe you could keep the kitty in a large dog cage in your bedroom, away from Felix for a bit. After he's neutered, of course!
If I could provide the cat a furever home I would have,its not so much the "boss man"(said joking)thats the problem there are other factors that come in to play.I would never be able to cage an animal even if it were short term.He deserves better than that.This is kinda out of my hands now.Like I said,the cat is now with humane services,in hopes for an adoption to a loving,furever home.

momcat
01-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Hi Marlaina! As I post this, my sweet Groucho is curled up here sound asleep with a full tummy, nice and warm, knowing that he's loved beyond measure. As he purrs, my heart breaks for this poor kitty. You've done so much for this little guy, the love you have shown him has made his life better. I can only imagine your level of frustration between those #@!*!! across the street and the humane society not doing much of anything. Is this a no kill shelter? Prayers being prayed that kitty will find his furever home where he will be loved and cared for as every kitty deserves to be. Groucho wants to send you many kitty hugs and kisses to thank you for caring enough to step in and help, he says you're a real kitty kat hero! Bless you!!!!!

Felix
01-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Is this a no kill shelter?
The lady told me that they do put down animals if it becomes overcrowded.They will keep him up for adoption as long as there is room and he gets along well with the other animals.The chances of him being adopted is good,he is young,gentle and loving and would make a great pet for a family with or without children,not to mention how handsome he is. :)

I left them my name and number and asked if they would call me to let me know the outcome.I have a good feeling that he will have no trouble finding a furever home.

Groucho wants to send you many kitty hugs and kisses to thank you for caring enough to step in and help, he says you're a real kitty kat hero! Bless you!!!!!

Thanks so very much sweet Groucho,I loved every hug and kiss that came my way :D Sending them right back at ya,Muah!

Marlaina.

Felix
02-03-2006, 10:20 AM
For those of you who were concerned about the kitty who was being neglected,I have some bad news.

As you know I took the cat to the humane services on the 20th of Jan.I phoned today to see how they cat was making out.They told me they treated the cat for fleas(Bad Case) and released it back to its owner :eek: This makes me so angry :mad: Just last week(A week after I dropped Kitty off) I called them to come and pick up a black cat that had been knocked down and killed by a car(By my home).This cat looked just like the one I took in.Everyone around was saying it was the "Stupied Owners" cat but I said to myself it cant be I took that to humane services.But after talking to them today,I put two and two together.The cat I cared for for weeks ,The cat I tried to save was released back into its Stupied Owners care and was knocked down and killed :(

This makes me so angry :mad: The poor cat didnt deserve to die,but now I kinda wonder ...maybe he is better off.

RIP Sweet Boy :( I tried.

Marlaina.

kilbarchancats
02-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Dear Marnie,

That is sad, sad news. The poor sweet boy, god bless him - and you for all your loving efforts. I'm sure we would have all done the same. Sadly there are some (many) unspeakable people out there and luckily all our kitties have the loving homes that this poor boy never had. I'm sure he'll be looking down on you and Felix from kitty heaven and now meowming with the happiness he will have found there.

laurax.

moosmom
02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Marnie,

You did everything you possibly could for that poor baby. That $)#(*%%^_$(*#&%$&%*^()^%$@ bitch of an irresponsible pet owner is scum!! :mad: :mad: I hope she rots in hell for what she didn't do for that poor sweet kitty. :mad:

RIP sweet kitty. You were loved dearly. I hope and pray you didn't suffer. Be healthy and happy at the Rainbow Bridge.

Marnie, you are to be commended for what you did for Groucho. (((((HUGS))))))) to you for caring.

Randy_K
02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
That's so sad. The poor boy deserved better than that.

Catty1
02-03-2006, 01:41 PM
I am so so sorry.

I wonder how the Stupids feel...if they do?

Poor baby...I hope it was quick, if it had to be at all.

Those idiots!

icedtea
02-03-2006, 03:52 PM
its so sad that some people just dont care enough for their cats. cats need a warm place to be at all times. i wish this cat luck, as it sounds like she'll need it.

icedtea
02-03-2006, 03:57 PM
RIP definitely. Im sure this kitty has gone to a much better place than an otdoor litter box. those people dont deserve much sympathy. nw they ahve to live with the fact, and you can live knwoing that you did all you could for the kitty, where as those people have to live wtht he fact that they could have stopped this, by keeping their kitty inside, safe and warm.

orangemm
02-04-2006, 05:35 AM
Poor little thing; ten months old. You did the best you could for him. That woman should be beaten with a stick.

I just went and hugged my boys. :(

moosmom
02-04-2006, 08:06 AM
I don't know. If it were me, I go over there and definitely give them a piece of my mind. I'll bet you they don't even notice the cat is gone. Pieces of 3hit that they are!! :mad: :mad:

Felix
02-04-2006, 08:18 AM
I don't know. If it were me, I go over there and definitely give them a piece of my mind. I'll bet you they don't even notice the cat is gone. Pieces of 3hit that they are!!
Their next door neighbor came over to see the cat while we were waiting for the city to come and pick him up.He went and told them and they didnt even come over to see if it was their cat for certian,or even to say goodbye.How sad is that! :mad: I was the last person this cat saw :(

catmandu
02-04-2006, 09:47 AM
That Poor Cats now A Pet Angel and having the time of His Life in Australia.
Hes got lots of Friends and I will invite Jet Black as hes called now to all Our Pet Angel Lunches.
He will never forget your Kindness and he will make you his Meewomie when you meet again at The Rainbow Bridge.
One Fine Day.

Catty1
02-04-2006, 10:06 AM
"I was the last person this cat saw..."

He saw he was loved, he had caring. Prayers for Jet Black.

And prayers for the Stupid People, that their hearts and eyes may be opened one day.

Catty1

momcat
02-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Oh Marlaina, my heart is broken in a zillion pieces :( :( :( This poor kitty was just a baby and never had much of a chance. If not for you he would never have known what it meant to be loved and cared for. You certainly went above and beyond to try and get him away from an unspeakable situation, may God bless you many times over. My big concern is that these bottom feeders will try and adopt another kitty. If only EVERY kitty could be a Pet Talk kitty.....

kb2yjx
02-05-2006, 12:09 PM
You did all you could to help the cat, it is unfortunate that things like this happen. RIP...

Felix
02-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Thanks everyone for all the kind words.I know I done all I could and I feel that things happen for a reason.Maybe the kitty is in the right place now.No more neglect.Play happy sweet boy at RB.You impacted more peoples lives than you know.Such a sweet and loving boy.All he wanted was to be loved in return. :(

Thanks for all the support
Marlaina.