PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #141! Already?

RICHARD
01-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Hey, wasn't Christmas yesterday?

And Thanksgiving last week???

--------------------------

I think I need a drink...and to salute those folks in the Northeast...

Cape Codder!

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/4 oz. Vodka
Cranberry juice
Lime wedge
PREPARATION:

Build over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.

The bar is officially open

davidpizzica
01-11-2006, 03:19 PM
RICHARD, would Pittsburgh qualify as northeast? I'll have one of those and I'll get Orc started getting firewood. Anyone have "AA" batteries?

catland
01-11-2006, 03:28 PM
I'd better scurry on in here and order a dotd before my work internet crashes again. :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
01-11-2006, 03:30 PM
RICHARD, would Pittsburgh qualify as northeast? I'll have one of those and I'll get Orc started getting firewood. Anyone have "AA" batteries?I have TONS of AA batteries. I collect plug and play video games. They ALL take them!

Hey, barkeep, could I get a cherry vanilla coke and 4 cnt's? My tummy is finally feeling more adventurous! :D

Corinna
01-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Hello all I'll just take a DLC. been a hard few days . I think a nice fire and movie sounds good . No wait I have a job out side when you have 2 mountain makes and the snow melts well we all know what a waits me out side. YUCK!!!! oh well later will be fine maybe hubby will do it (not)
I'm buying what ever Ladys human wants when he gets here if he does with all his house guests.

slick
01-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Hey! Could I get one of them-there DOTD'S please??? Was just notified that my performance appraisal is coming up in the next week or two. Oh joy to the world.....let's see who complained about me this year!! :rolleyes: You'd think after 20 years I would feel confident but every year I get just as nervous.

Prayers for Phred and his op
Prayers for Jolie.... :eek: Did I just say that???? :D :D
Yipee for MOFF and her house
Good luck to Gini and her 1099's

BTW: my Christmas decorations are still up...tree, outside lights and all. I'm starting to get some ribbing from my neighbours. :o
Was in the mall on the weekend and all the Valentine's stuff is out now. What's up with that??

OK, so now I will S.T........ :eek: :D

Lady's Human
01-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Well, I think I'll have several DOTD's.

I'm overrun by women in the house, and I need SOME help. At the moment I have....

My wife, daughter, Gina's ark, and my niece (College age student).

The only escape I have is Lady, and she's a she too!

David, want to come up from Pittsburg and balance it out? :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2006, 04:28 PM
RICHARD, would Pittsburgh qualify as northeast? I'll have one of those and I'll get Orc started getting firewood. Anyone have "AA" batteries?
David, you want batteries? Boy have I got batteries for you!! I usually use the rechargeable ones so we have a ton of them laying around in various states of charge. Well....I packed them all in the motorhome along with the charger when we first planned to head out before Christmas. Then, as you know, our trip was delayed so we came home but didn't unpack the motorhome at all, so all rechargeable batteries and charger were in the motorhome, an hour and a half away from us when Terry's mouse batteries decided to die. We happened to be in a Circuit City spending a gift certificate from last year when we needed something relatively small to completely spend it so we bought a pack of batteries. Now that all batteries and charger are unpacked and in their proper place....boy have we got batteries!!! Then Terry decides to buy something that takes "C" batteries - the one and only type we're not overflowing with! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Whew! After that I think I need two DOTDs. :D

Slick, last year we had new people across the street from us. In our townhome bylaws it says decorations must come down within 15 days of the holiday and theirs were still up in February so our Board president had to write them a letter. Lights and pretty stuff I can see, but they had a big ol' wreath outside with a spotlight shining on it.....and it was brown and dried up and down right ugly and they still left it! I think they finally took everything down in March. This year everything was down within the alotted time - whew! ;)

I'm excited. I got all my end of the month, end of the quarter and end of the year tax/union reports done! Wooo hooo!!! All I have to do is print out the W-2's, but since I forgot to order the forms that will have to wait a few days.

It's going to be 50 degrees here tomorrow - January thaw they call it - which means the February freeze isn't far away. :rolleyes:

Corinna
01-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Lady's human your enjoying all the ladys there I know . you are probley getting totally spoiled rotten. Glad you have such a big heart and House. You and your sister are saints I don't care how much she says no she isn't. The pups still playing? I suspect we won't see lady here this week.

davidpizzica
01-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Well, I think I'll have several DOTD's.

I'm overrun by women in the house, and I need SOME help. At the moment I have....

My wife, daughter, Gina's ark, and my niece (College age student).

The only escape I have is Lady, and she's a she too!

David, want to come up from Pittsburg and balance it out? :D
LH, it seems like you're outnumbered! Me too, it's just me and the three girls. We need more MEN on this forum!

RICHARD
01-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Lady's human your enjoying all the ladys there I know . you are probley getting totally spoiled rotten. Glad you have such a big heart and House. You and your sister are saints I don't care how much she says no she isn't. The pups still playing? I suspect we won't see lady here this week.

A house full of women?

Open the windows up once in while.....Estrogen can be a deadly as Carbon Monoxide! (just kidding)

T&P,

Wow reading that made me thirsty
two DOTDs?

DONE!

LH,

A few of the DOTDs?

DOne!

Slick,

Performance eval?

What the hell do you do? I don't perform.....I go to work to work!

DOTD?
DONE!

Corinna,

A DLC and better times ahead!

DONE!

MOFF,

remind us when you move....You can have one of the brooms from the L&F, as a parting gift for you landlady!

CVC and 4 CNT's

Catland.

How many days in a row has it rained up there?

You need three drinks!

DONE!

David,

You should be thankful I am a gracious loser....that was a good idea..

Kill the Cincy QB on the second play of the game! :eek:

Batteries????

Not a chance ;)

lolololol,

DONE!

Corinna
01-11-2006, 07:05 PM
My mom lives north of Seattle and is going on 24 days of rain. Thats why I moved to Montana rather have snow than that rain.

moosmom
01-11-2006, 07:27 PM
This has been the week from HELL!!! So how about a BOTTLE of Cherry vodka. Just put it down and step away from the bar. Otherwise this could get ugly!!! :eek:

gini
01-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Donna, why do I have this vision in my head of you swaggering up to the bar - taking your pistols out of their holsters - flipping them up in the air and packing them back into the holster before you can blink your eyes?

Hey, I would never, ever mess with your Cherry Vodka!

Richard - just kidding - my foot!!

Yes, I would love a DOTD, just please don't spill it on these tax forms - I don't want to run them again!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2006, 09:36 AM
just please don't spill it on these tax forms - I don't want to run them again!!

Ditto! It's such a relief to get them all done and printed and on their way - whew! A little story: I started here in February of 1992. In February of 1993, I was just finishing up with the montly union reports when there was a knock on the door. Seems the top floor of our 3 story building was on fire! My very first and immediate reaction was to get the finished union reports into the fireproof safe! At the time, they were mostly figured on the computer but I had to type out the form from the union which was very tedious and time consuming, so there was no way I wanted them to be ruined and have to do them all over again! My second reaction was to shut the computer down and drag the CPU outside with me. Not only did I not want to loose the paper report, I didn't want to loose the computerized portion of them either! Fortunately the fire was confined to the 3rd floor with my office only sustaining water damage. However, the place could have burned to the ground and I knew I'd still get my union reports out on time. ;) By the way, if anyone is unfamiliar, I believe the union is second only to the IRS in its collection/penalty practices, so monthly union reports are extremely important around here.

Whew, another long winded post from Debbie, what's with her lately? :rolleyes: ;)

I'm giving up Coke again, so I'll start the day with a nice bottle of water - ugh. :-|

RICHARD
01-12-2006, 11:25 AM
My mom lives north of Seattle and is going on 24 days of rain. Thats why I moved to Montana rather have snow than that rain.

:eek:

MM,

No glass, just the bottle! Done.

Gini,

Tax, schmax!

One DOTD!

DONE!

T&P.

No that was an interesting story.....Now you'd just throw your hands in the air and laugh all the way out the door!!! ;)

One Bottle of Water....

Done!

(Did I just serve WATER????) :D

moosmom
01-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Gini,

All I need now is a pinch of chewing tobacci and a paper cup!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Gini,

All I need now is a pinch of chewing tobacci and a paper cup!!

Paper cup? Bah, what kind of cowboy are you, Donna? What's wrong with the floor? Oh great, there goes Mario, slipping and sliding through the tobacco juice, he thinks it's a silly slide! EEEeeeewwwwww!!!! :eek:

gini
01-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Ewww, look, Donna and Mario are having a spitting contest......and Mario is mad because Donna is winning! :D :D

slick
01-12-2006, 01:54 PM
**yawn**
Didn't get much ZZZ's last night so today I'm draggin' my feet...wouldn't you know it....drugged them right through that tibbacca spit! :eek: EWWWWW gotta go clean off my shoes now. Good thing I wasn't in bare feet. Then again, stepping in tibbacca spit would be similar to stepping in cat puke wouldn't it?? :rolleyes:

Just popping in for something to wake me up. How about a double DOTD down here bartender? Gettin' purrddy peckish too! Maybe I'll wander in the kitchen and see what's cooking.

Corinna
01-12-2006, 03:25 PM
When did this become a cowboy bar geeezz tabbaco spit what next horse pies. Oh please no more hank Williams on the jukebox. Wait what am I comlaining about I like in cowboy central. (dreamaly) rodeos and tight wranglers Jeans and men.

Kfamr
01-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Did I hear cowboys!?

davidpizzica
01-12-2006, 04:09 PM
When did this become a cowboy bar geeezz tabbaco spit what next horse pies. Oh please no more hank Williams on the jukebox. Wait what am I comlaining about I like in cowboy central. (dreamaly) rodeos and tight wranglers Jeans and men.
Actually Corinna I was thinking of one particular cowgirl, Donna!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2006, 04:16 PM
what next horse pies.

Hmmm....I think I need another drink.....where I come from, they're horse apples and cow pies.....but then again, nothing surprises me around this place. :confused: ;)

Another DOTD please. Almost quittin' time here so I guess I'll go get my stirrups and chaps ready for the ride home. :eek: :D

dukedogsmom
01-12-2006, 04:37 PM
There are no horse pies. There's cow pies, as T&P has said. There's horse hockey as said on M*A*S*H as said by the horse loving Colonel. Can't remember his name. I'll take a double shot of Cinnamon Schnapps. I need to get some more sleep and that should do the trick.

RICHARD
01-12-2006, 05:17 PM
What is this? "step in it Thursday?" ;)

DDM.

Cinnamon Schnapps? Done!

T&P.

Oh my. You cannot say stirrups to someone who works in a hospital

One DOTD?? DONE!

K,

Yep that's the sound of spurs on the floor.

David,

remember, Only cowgirls get the blues!

Slick,

One DOTD?
DONE!

Gini,

I really do prefer cherry pits!! ;)

lbaker
01-12-2006, 05:20 PM
OMD! I am just now stopping in (stepping in it??) and itts (hahahah, ITT's) already on page 3. I don't even know what the DOTD is and it's Cowboy heaven (Go Skins). I best be moseying on back to page 1 ~ ;)

Edit here, let's invite the cowboys that came to the rescue when we were stranded in the Grand Canyon last year! Remember? They came in a big net from a helicopter and swoooped us all up :eek: I think they were cousins of the HazMat crew :D :p

moosmom
01-12-2006, 05:32 PM
YEEEEEEHAAAAAHHH!!!! :p Where's the mechanical bull?? I feel like a ridin. (that's the vodka talking) How about puttin a nickle in the jukebox. :eek: :D

lizbud
01-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Howdy all. :) I'd love an Irish Coffee please.

I just read a review of Brokeback Mountain and I don't think I'll
ever enjoy a western flick the same way again. :D

RICHARD
01-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Edit here, let's invite the cowboys that came to the rescue when we were stranded in the Grand Canyon last year! Remember? They came in a big net from a helicopter and swoooped us all up :eek: I think they were cousins of the HazMat crew :D :p

thanks for the reminder!!, I think we need a road trip for next week. ;)

MM,
Here's a helmet and THANKS for reminding me!!

The new nickel (5 cents pieces is going to be released today....)

This will be the first coin in history where the pres on the front will NOT be in profile!!

What is that accent anyway? Russian (get it, vodka?)

Liz,

Check out the way John Wayne walked....... ;)
Saddle sore? Maybe..... :confused:

One Irish Coffee?

Done!

Corinna
01-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Yahooo!! a road trip I'm in . You know broke back mountain does give Montanas unoffical saying new meaning.
Montana the place where men are men,
Women are women , and the sheep are scared. (sorry couldn't help my self.)
I will takemy DLC and disapper in to a quite corner. Slinks slowly to the corner by the fire)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2006, 06:45 PM
T&P.

Oh my. You cannot say stirrups to someone who works in a hospital

Oh my! :o And here I was thinking I'd get comments about the chaps....guess my motorcycle riding days are further behind me than I'd like to remember. ;)

MM, why do I get the feeling if you had lived back in pioneer days you wouldn't have been the meek little housewife type? I think you would have even put Annie Oakley to shame! ;) :D

Liz.....thanks for ruining my romantic vision of the Marlboro man that I had in mind when Laurie mentioned cousins of the hazmat guys coming swooping in to save us all....think I need another DOTD to shake that image out of my head. Marlboro man, come baaaaaaccckkkk.......

davidpizzica
01-12-2006, 06:54 PM
YEEEEEEHAAAAAHHH!!!! :p Where's the mechanical bull?? I feel like a ridin. (that's the vodka talking) How about puttin a nickle in the jukebox. :eek: :D
Donna, I'm afraid that Orc is the nearest thing we have in the way of a mechanical bull! Uh,oh Mario is goimg to try and ride Orc! Poor Orc.

lbaker
01-12-2006, 08:34 PM
"Alas, poor Yourek...." Oh wait, that was Shakespeare :o :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
01-12-2006, 09:02 PM
As long as mario doesn't have the remote to the orc, we should be safe. :)

Lady is off with crayola playing nicely, and I'm almost done with work for the day, so I'll take an irish coffee please, barkeep.

gini
01-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Mechanical bull - I think that is a TERRIBLE thing to call Richard. :D :D

slick
01-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Mechanical bull - I think that is a TERRIBLE thing to call Richard. :D :D I'm not going to touch this if my life depended on it!!! :D :D

Good morning everyone! It's a dark and rainy day here but it's Friday the 13th and it's always a good day for me. I've made some Bailey's for those of you who need a little "kick" out of bed or for those time zones where the sun is already over the yardarm.

More prayers going out to Phred, Sammy and the families of the lost miners. So many people to pray for these days. God's line must be really busy.

Have a good day folks!

RICHARD
01-13-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm not going to touch this if my life depended on it!!! :D :D

Good morning everyone! It's a dark and rainy day here but it's Friday the 13th and it's always a good day for me. I've made some Bailey's for those of you who need a little "kick" out of bed or for those time zones where the sun is already over the yardarm.

More prayers going out to Phred, Sammy and the families of the lost miners. So many people to pray for these days. God's line must be really busy.

Have a good day folks!

Thanks Slick,
Yep sometimes we get wrapped up in our own lives and we forget about the 'scenery'

One lucky friday the 13th?

DONE!

LH,

The devil's work is never done!!! ;)

One Irish coffee!

DONE!

David,

Why are cowboys named that when they ride horses?

:confused:

Gini,
I know where you live!!! :D

dukedogsmom
01-13-2006, 03:56 PM
I completely forgot it was Friday the 13th! Good thing I'm not paranoid. Hope everyone's Friday is going great. I think I'll just have a nice, cold sweet tea. Yum.

davidpizzica
01-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks Slick,
Yep sometimes we get wrapped up in our own lives and we forget about the 'scenery'

One lucky friday the 13th?

DONE!

LH,

The devil's work is never done!!! ;)

One Irish coffee!

DONE!

David,

Gini,
I know where you live!!! :D
RICHARD, did you ever hear them called horseboys??

Karen
01-13-2006, 05:01 PM

'Cause they HERD cows, silly! They're still called cowboys when they use motorcycles to do the herding of the cows.

Even the deaf cowboys "herd" the cattle! ;)

I've also heard 'em called cowpokes, cowhands, ranchers ...

"Horse people" are a whole separate breed of humans!

RICHARD
01-13-2006, 05:12 PM
'Cause they HERD cows, silly! They're still called cowboys when they use motorcycles to do the herding of the cows.

Even the deaf cowboys "herd" the cattle! ;)

I've also heard 'em called cowpokes, cowhands, ranchers ...

"Horse people" are a whole separate breed of humans!

lol,
I is just a city poke!!! ;)

David,

Or cowmen? :eek:

DDM,

One cold sweet tea?

DONE!

Corinna
01-13-2006, 05:17 PM
"Oh the cowmen and rthe farmer should be freinds oh the cowmen and the farmer should be freinds oh aunt Eller."
Sorry just love that movie. Shirley jones was quite a looker. How about a DLc the snow has turned to rain Yuck slush.
Has Pet talk changed or what three threads on crabs? :rolleyes: (Richard hold that thought and just don't go there!) the hermit type oh gosh I just keep making more punch lines ok I will now shut up.

dukedogsmom
01-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Leave it to Richard to mention crabs. Opps, read wrong. Yes, that's cold sweet tea. I don't know if I want to move north later on because they don't have sweet tea. We've got a BBQ restaurant in our area called Sonnys. They have the best sweet tea anywhere. However, when I was in Maryland, my brother took me to the best BBQ restaraunt so far. It's called Famous Daves. I've got to stop. Making myself hungry. Anyone else care for tea?

RICHARD
01-13-2006, 05:41 PM
(Richard hold that thought and just don't go there!) the hermit type oh gosh I just keep making more punch lines ok I will now shut up.

I think I used my "bad joke of the week" with the stirrups.. :confused:

One DLC and I am gonna ignore DDM and Just give her her sweet tea! :p

lbaker
01-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Well maybe I AM the blonde bimbo after all. I am totally clueless right now :confused: What I DO know is I am going on a very special roadtrip tomorrow morning about 5 a.m. a bit NorthWest of DC to visit a very special PetTalker ;) Don't know if I will have access to a computer but I'll call Gini and/or Slick for an uppydate when I get there :D I am so verrrrry excited and if .... nah, can't say more.

Corinna
01-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Ok I just got my new rodeo hat ,my daughter and I always get something to try to embarass the hubbies . Doesn't work on mine he's used to it SIL how ever another story . I jist love the sparkles on it.

RICHARD
01-13-2006, 06:03 PM
http://stardust.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/src_timeline.html

Hey Corrina and Slick

If you guys are up on sunday!!!!

There is a space capsule coming in and there might be a sonic boom and a fireworks show!!!!

Corinna
01-13-2006, 06:53 PM
What time? mountain standard here.
Hey are you saying the home planet is sending a ship for us ?

slick
01-13-2006, 07:52 PM
http://stardust.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/src_timeline.html
Hey Corrina and Slick
If you guys are up on sunday!!!!
There is a space capsule coming in and there might be a sonic boom and a fireworks show!!!!
I'll try but these days it's hard for me to stay awake til Midnight, let alone 2am.
Just about to head out on my commute home so I'll just grab a bottled water to go please. Even in cyber...I don't drink and drive. Hmmm....got a little something waiting for me at home though! ;) I'm driving a rental car this weekend....a little Nissan....I feel like my butt is dragging on the ground.
Have a good weekend everyone!

Corinna
01-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Ok so I missed the web page Duh!! It will depend on the cloud cover I'm ususally up them . Darn why did that idot kid of mine sell his telescope.