PDA

View Full Version : Does it bother you when someone doesn't like you?

JenBKR
01-11-2006, 02:44 PM
It used to bother me a lot, but I realized today that I don't really care anymore. Is that something that changes as you get older? I work with a girl who, at least I think, doesn't like me (I really don't care for her much either). It occured to me today that I don't care, and a few years ago that would really bother me...

Jadapit
01-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Omg, yes!! It used to bother me so much if someone didnt like me. It still does a little but not like it used to. Not everyone in this world is going to like me but hey thats ok. I know I'm a good person and thats all that matters right? ;)

JenBKR
01-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Omg, yes!! It used to bother me so much if someone didnt like me. It still does a little but not like it used to. Not everyone in this world is going to like me but hey thats ok. I know I'm a good person and thats all that matters right? ;)

That's exactly how I feel now! It bothers me a little, but nothing like how I used to feel.

lv4dogs
01-11-2006, 02:54 PM

Same here, it used to bother the heck out of me, not so much anymore.

Sometimes though lately it is my fault, I am not as social as I was before & sometimes have anxiety & won't want to visit friends sometimes for weeks on end, for no reason at all. I just can't get out like I used to.

JenBKR
01-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Same here, it used to bother the heck out of me, not so much anymore.

Sometimes though lately it is my fault, I am not as social as I was before & sometimes have anxiety & won't want to visit friends sometimes for weeks on end, for no reason at all. I just can't get out like I used to.

Yeah, I do that too. I can be kind of a homebody at times, that's for sure :)

catnapper
01-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Nah, especially when I don't like them either. Its ok to not like people and not be liked back.

I used to think everyone had to like me. I used to go out of my way to make everyone like me. You know what? That took a LOT of energy and the people who disliked me never really came around to seeing what a great person I am. It probably just bugged them more that I wouldn't let them just dislike me in peace. :p

Jessika
01-11-2006, 03:04 PM
It bothers me when they won't talk or explain to me WHY they don't like me or what I did to cause them dislike, if that makes any sense. For example, if I do or say something that offends them or makes them upset to the sense that they don't like me or, online, block me, its hard for me because I don't know what I DID to know how to fix the problem or what to avoid in the future so I don't upset others as well.

But in most cases I won't lie -- yes, it upsets me at first, but then I get over it. Because I have friends and family who all love me for who and what I am, mistakes and all. And their opinions are the only ones that matter to me, so why care what anyone else thinks??

caseysmom
It depends. If its someone I like and/or respect then it bothers me, especially if I think they are reading me wrong. If I don't respect/like them then it doesn't bother me.

Karen
Usually I find it curious, but then don't care. I am who I am. If you do not like me, that is your problem, not mine! ;)

lv4dogs
01-11-2006, 03:07 PM
It bothers me when they won't talk or explain to me WHY they don't like me or what I did to cause them dislike, if that makes any sense. For example, if I do or say something that offends them or makes them upset to the sense that they don't like me or, online, block me, its hard for me because I don't know what I DID to know how to fix the problem or what to avoid in the future so I don't upset others as well.

I feel the same way, although it does bother me for that very reason (I would like to fix me so I don't upset others) it still doesn't bother me too much.

ramanth
01-11-2006, 03:18 PM
It would of bothered me but it doesn't anymore. If a stranger, acquaintence, or co-worker doesn't like me, no big deal.

However, if a family member or one of my close friends suddenly didn't like me anymore, I'd be bothered.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-11-2006, 03:56 PM
It depends. If its someone I like and/or respect then it bothers me, especially if I think they are reading me wrong. If I don't respect/like them then it doesn't bother me.

That's basically how I feel about it too. For the most part I really don't care if people like me or not. I am who I am.

I don't talk too much and often people think I don't like them because I don't talk much.

gemini9961
01-11-2006, 03:56 PM
It doesn't bother me really. I have far better things to concern myself with than who doesn't like me. :)

Queen of Poop
01-11-2006, 03:59 PM
It used to really bother me, sometimes it still does, but that really eats up too much energy. I figure that my fur babies know me the best and love me alot so what people think of me, people who don't actually know me, doesn't matter.

luvofallhorses
01-11-2006, 03:59 PM
It depends on the person. If it's someone I want to get to know and be friends with, then yes it does!

bluekat
01-11-2006, 04:02 PM
I hate it when someone hates you but you don't even really know them. Like this girl at school I *think* she hates me or doesn't like me (I can tell by how she looks at me). But we've never talked or anything. So I dunno. It does bother me though because I'd really like to know why :rolleyes: I hate people who judge you before even getting to know you.

But if its someone I know doesn't like me & I know the reason, I wouldn't care too much.

Suki Wingy
01-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Only if they apear not to like me for no apparent reason. There is a girl at school who is ok friends with one of my good friends and this girl has acted like I disgust her for 2 years now. I seriously don't know what I did. I don't let it get to me but I also don't like to be around her while she's giving me dirty looks.

cali
01-11-2006, 04:12 PM
nope dont bother me, I grew up with my teachers using me as a threat(no one would want me in their group so the teacher would tell the class that if no one invited me into their group, he was going to pick one at random) after years of people worrying that I might be "stuck" with them, and having peoplesit outside your class watching you and calling you "homely" well the odd person not likeing you does not seem so bad, when I was in high school though people tried to get to know me, and when they realized that I am a great person to hang out with, the stigma started to go away, and by grade 12 I was part of 3 groups. now in the work world I am very well liked, I have had the 2 locations I work at argue over who should get to have me on a particular day lol there is only one person who does not seem to like me much, what do I care? he will galr at me sometimes..well whoopdeedo a glar aint gonna kill me lol

finn's mom
01-11-2006, 04:17 PM
It used to bother me so much. I'd put more into someone who didn't like me than I would people who did. I pushed a lot of people away doing that, and, have learned to just accept it. I think one thing that has made me open my eyes to the idea that it's just chemistry, some people just aren't going to click with you...is when I started to realize I just simply didn't like some of the coolest people around. And, I would start to really pay attention to what it was that I didn't like, and, it would hardly ever be something I could really pinpoint. I knew then it was really all about chemistry, and, there's nothing that can really be done about that. It doesn't mean there's something wrong with me. I still sometimes am bothered by it, but, for the most part, I don't allow myself to make time for that anymore.

Lady's Human
01-11-2006, 04:24 PM
It doesn't bother me at all. I've been a stubborn bull headed person for too long to change now. :D

Besides, in my part time job, (a sergeant in the Army) it's frequently a Good thing when someone doesn't like me!

Alysser
01-11-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't care if it's someone I don't like. But if it's someone I like/respect/and am closed to it bothers me alot! Especially, if I did nothing wrong and if they won't tell me why.

A friend of mine started acting like a B**** in lunch one day and said "I hope you die!" to me and my other friends. Then, she IMs me blaming my new friend(I_luv_rusty) for nothing. Not to mention, she's just a plain loser. She has only TWO friends. She wears clothes that are ugly and not appropriate. It's just plain gross. Frankly, I don't care. I never really liked her that much. She came to my house once and Sassy greeted her! SHE HIT HER! My mom almost threw her out of the house. She hates dogs. Even her own and she is like "Put her in her cage!". I was really pissed off. So now, I hate her for even thinking this stuff. I am not going to put up with that. IF she hates me, great. I can care less. Also, she talks about me and calls me names online. I just laugh.

ParNone
01-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Nope, I only surround myself with people who think I'm a really awesome person. Does wonders for the self esteem. :) I've never felt the need to be friends with everybody. A hand full of really close friends is much more fullfilling to me then a slew of casual friends. I might ponder for a fleeting moment why somebody didn't like me, but since I wouldn't seek out being friends with them, it would be out of my head faster then it came in.

Now if somebody goes out of their way to be rude to me that's different. That would bother me. You don't like me, fine, but I don't see any need to be rude to anybody. I might not choose to do social activities with somebody, who I feel I don't have anything in common with, but I'd never be anything but polite to them.

Par...

anna_66
01-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I find it a lot easier now that I am older to not let it bother me. If they don't like me, it's their loss:p

I recently found out just how many friends I truly do have;):D

pnance
01-11-2006, 05:16 PM
It doesn't really bother me anymore if someone doesn't like me, but that's only been in the past few years. Before that I thought I'd done something wrong if they didn't. I think part of it's age and part of it's the knowledge that not all personalities get along. That doesn't mean their a bad person or I am, it just means our personalities don't work together. I work with someone now who I don't like nor does she like me. We work together so we'll discuss work related issues, but I wouldn't sit down and discuss how our weekend was, etc.

dogzr#1
01-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Don't bother me a bit. If it was one of my close friends then yea, it would bother me. This girl doesn't like me now because I didn't vote for here in the student council elections. I voted for one of my 6th grade friends. she hadn't really liked me before that and i had hardly even talked to her. It got really annoying. I think she is just mean because yesterday my friend Judith dropped her binder and all her papers fell out, so she was calling Judith a loser. She was saying "HaHa loser, you dropped your papers!" That is one of my pet peeves, people who are rude and mean. I think they are immature when they do something like that. They should know better when they are 12 or 13 years old.

CagneyDog
01-11-2006, 05:59 PM
It upsets me that some people don't like me. I know that occasionally people don't click, and that's alright but some people judge me before they know me. That's what really hurts me.

moosmom
01-11-2006, 05:59 PM
JenBKR,

I used to get upset when someone didn't like me. But it does change as you get older. At 53, I'm not out to win any popularity contests, or change my personality simply because I offend someone. The people I call my friends, like the people on this web site and the friends I've had for years (we're talking 40-50 years) know me and like me for myself. Those who don't...POO ON 'EM!!!

lizbud
01-11-2006, 06:02 PM
It does not bother me at all in adult life. A child somehow doesn't know
that it takes all kinds of people to make a world. As the old saying goes,
"older and wiser" now. :)

Zany_girlie
01-11-2006, 07:37 PM
hmmmm.........for me it kind of just depends on who your talking about. there are some people at my school who i would rather have them not like me.......i mean if some one just randomly doesnt like me, with out any reason, then it bothers me.......but if they have a good reason why they dont like me then it doesnt bother me as much.........so it just depends for me...

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Not really, there's no reason for me to bothered by it. I don't like everyone either.

Logan
01-11-2006, 08:09 PM
It bothers me, badly, and I am 43 years old. I guess it always will. :(

joanofark
01-11-2006, 08:59 PM
I couldn't really care less...;) I mean if I know someone doesn't like me it doesn't really bother me. But I still try to act nice to them. They leave me alone and I will leave them alone. I have best friends that are friends with people who dislike me but it's not a big deal as long as my best friends respect that. There is some people I dislike to so it's not a big deal. :) I wouldn't ever want to change just so someone would like me! I'm me and I'm staying that way!! :)

Good Idea for a thread BTW...:)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-12-2006, 06:40 AM
Now that I've staggered to 40 I realise that as long as I like me then it doesn't really matter.... I cherish the friends I have (real and cyber!) and am civil to those who don't like me........

JenBKR
01-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Wow thanks for all of the responses guys! I really do think it has to do with age - when I was a teenager it bothered me lots. But I'm getting to the point now where I just don't care, even if I don't know why, and I concentrate on those people that matter in my life.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-12-2006, 08:40 AM
It is like so many others say: the feeling softens by age!
But in fact I still feel so bad when I feel that someone does NOT like me; the problem is that I always wonder why exactly they dislike me. Is it my appearance? Is it my character?? I am a loving person and very easygoing, and I hate it to be "not loved" without any reason :(

Van10
01-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Like many others, it used to really bother me when I was a teenager, but I'm not bothered so much about it now.
I don't need someone in my life that will judge me before they even know me. :rolleyes:

poofy
01-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Usually I find it curious, but then don't care. I am who I am. If you do not like me, that is your problem, not mine! ;)

That is the same way i feel..

Samantha Puppy
01-12-2006, 02:28 PM
It used to bother me a lot, but I realized today that I don't really care anymore. My sentiments exactly. I used to care. Now I don't. It's their problem, not mine!

Kfamr
01-12-2006, 02:35 PM
It depends on who the person is. If it's someone I look up to and like, then yes it bothers me. But, if it's someone who annoys me and is rude to me, then no... It doesn't bother me that they don't like me, I'd just rather not associate with them.

CountryWolf07
01-12-2006, 03:02 PM
No, not really... they can just kiss my, you know what! I don't want to say it on here because of the younger kids on board. :) It's not my problem, it's theirs.