PDA

View Full Version : A loner...

RattieLova
04-08-2002, 10:01 PM
As you probaly know, I own four rats: Poprocks, Butterbun, Anakin, and Naboo.
You'll usually find all of them sleeping together in a large ball of fuzz. But, the problem is, Anakin doesn't like to be around the other rats! He doesn't even like humans! I can't pick him up, like I can with the others! He only comes out of his Igloo when he needs to go to the bathroom, eat, or get water.
I know the other rats are nice to him, because they always go "downstairs" to see what he's doing. I never see them fight, they are best buds.
I am kinda worried, what if Anakin doesn't have a good life? I want to make it the best for him! How can I get him use to me?
Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks!!! :D

Heather Wallace
04-10-2002, 10:57 AM
I do the same thing as you, worry about my animals having a good life. I think you are doing everything you can.

How long have you had the rat, has he been with the others long. Maybe it is just taking time for him to settle in. Things might change. You are doing all you can.

RattieLova
04-11-2002, 09:48 AM
They each have know each other for the same amount of time, I introduced them all at once, about 2 months ago. So, I think they all know each other well enough, because he does sleep with the others and sometimes plays with them! Thanks 4 your help!

jennifert
04-11-2002, 09:53 AM
I know nothing about rats but I understand your concern over whether or not he is happy...I'm sure he is. Maybe he just likes to be alone.... Then again, maybe he doesn't feel well...Has he been to the vet recently?

Is he named after Darth Vader? Kimmy (Ramanth) will love that!!!!

Heather Wallace
04-11-2002, 10:17 AM
Yes i agree with Jennifert, get him check over by the vet, ask their advice. If he is healthy maybe it's just his personality, maybe he like to be alone sometimes. Just like me, I do to sometimes.

RattieLova
04-11-2002, 02:13 PM
Thanks! That's what my mom said - it's his personality. I am not really worried about it, though. I just wanted to ask other people their opinions. I don't think I will visit the vet, for this anyways! :)