PDA

View Full Version : That's IT!!!

moosmom
01-10-2006, 09:20 PM
:mad: I don't care WHAT the dealer said about not putting alot of keys on your car keyring, I'm going back to what I was doing before!!! At least I NEVER had the problems I'm having with the stupid keys.

I'm tired. I just got home from visiting my friend who lives almost an hour away. What do I do???

I LOCKED MY G-D CAR KEY IN MY TRUNK!!!!! :mad: Not only did I lock my car key in my trunk, for which I don't have a spare, but I also locked my freaking cellphone in the car!!! So I don't have a phone to call Kia Roadside assistance to get the key out! Now I have to wait till I get into work tomorrow and call, telling them they need to come out after I get off work.

UGH!!!!! :mad: :mad: I'm going to bed!!

JenBKR
01-11-2006, 09:10 AM
(((hugs))) I'd just stick all the keys on one keychain anyway, and make LOTS of copies :D Do you have a neighbor yet that you can trust with spare keys? I know how frustrating it can be, in my life (I'm 26) I have locked my keys in the car I think 5 times, twice with the car still running, and locked myself out of my house more times than I can count. I ticked off my old landlord a because I had to wake him up to get a spare key. Trust me, I know how you feel.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-11-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd just stick all the keys on one keychain anyway, and make LOTS of copies

Yep! Mine are all on one bunch and my Mum and neighbour have spares.......

gini
01-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Donna, please don't be so hard on yourself. All of us have done things like this. I know, I have done it too, and yes, you feel really stupid........but very human!! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-11-2006, 11:24 AM
OUCH!

Sorry you are having such a rough day.

I used to lock my keys in my old car ALL THE TIME - WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING!!! :o

I only did it at work for some reason... and that is when me and Eric worked together so at least he had my spare key with him.

ramanth
01-11-2006, 12:17 PM
*hugs*

moosmom
01-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Thank GOD for Kia Roadside assistance!!! They came out after I got home from work and popped the trunk latch. Lo and behold, there were my keys. My cellphone, deader than a doornail, was in the same place I left it last night.

Let's see, what ELSE can I get locked out of? :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

RICHARD
01-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Thank god you don't work in a jail............ :eek:

I hide my spare key in the turn signal.

IF You have a car that has a turn signal that comes off with a screw driver....

Take off the lense and tape it inside.

Then you just need a screwdriver or a new lens when you break it to get your key out. ;)

moosmom
01-11-2006, 07:03 PM
RICHARD,

Now THERE'S an idea!! Actually, I need to have a spare made. My SIL in Michigan has my other spare. (alot of good that does me!)

shais_mom
01-11-2006, 10:51 PM
My dad takes the key and drills a larger hole in it and puts it under one of the screws in your license plate. If you have 2 keys one for doors one for ignition you can put one under each screw - that's what we did with my old car. My new car has one key for ignition and doors so I only have one under the screw. You can use a coin or borrow a screwdriver. I had to go buy a screwdriver once b/c I didn't have any change. :)

moosmom
01-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Another great idea!

RICHARD
01-12-2006, 12:04 PM
My dad takes the key and drills a larger hole in it and puts it under one of the screws in your license plate. If you have 2 keys one for doors one for ignition you can put one under each screw - that's what we did with my old car. My new car has one key for ignition and doors so I only have one under the screw. You can use a coin or borrow a screwdriver. I had to go buy a screwdriver once b/c I didn't have any change. :)

If you paid cash you probably got back some coins.. ;)

If you kept your receipt, you could have got your money back...you know,

play the damsel in distress......"This isn't the screwdriver I needed...." :D