PDA

View Full Version : Nikki & Daisy were mad at me!

davidpizzica
01-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Today my brother and I started to paint my living room. I had to banish Nikki & Daisy to the basement. I'd go down there on errands and Nikki would look at me like she was saying "why did you do this to us?" When we were finished for the day, I let them up and I think they were confused by everything rearranged. Now I think they've forgiven me because Daisy is sleeping beside me! Poor confused little girls!

catmandu
01-10-2006, 07:03 PM
That certainly is a lot better,than them getting paint on thier Fur!
Its a shame we cannot explain to our Cats when we are doing something for thier own good.

G535
01-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Definitely better than painted cats! :)

davidpizzica
01-10-2006, 08:23 PM
I definitely like their original color much better! A Light green paint job would NOT look good on them.

rg_girlca
01-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Cats do get their nose out of joint when there is an interruption in their daily routine. They just do NOT like change, but get use to it in a short time after they check everything out.

I bet you got the cold shoulder when you let them out of the basement. I could almost here them saying, "HHHMMMMPPPPFFFFF, the NERVE of you."

Glad to hear that they have forgiven you and are back to their sweet selves. :)

Karen
01-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Wouldn't life be so much easier sometimes if we could just explain "Okay, girls, it's just for a little while, you don't want to be up there, the paint is smelly AND would muss your pretty fur ...) Instead they're probably blaming each other "What did YOU do to get us stuck down here? *I* have been perfectly good, it must have been YOUR fault!"

Killearn Kitties
01-11-2006, 05:19 AM
:D :D :D Oh the thought of Nikki and Daisy bickering in the basement! Poor babies. I'm glad they have been released now. :D

davidpizzica
01-11-2006, 05:40 AM
:D :D :D Oh the thought of Nikki and Daisy bickering in the basement! Poor babies. I'm glad they have been released now. :D
Karen, I'm afraid they'll have to go the same thing today when my brother comes over to help me finish the job. Poor girls!

jenluckenbach
01-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Better than furry walls, too. :p

Am I behind the times? What happened with Marigold?

momcat
01-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Wouldn't life be so much easier sometimes if we could just explain "Okay, girls, it's just for a little while, you don't want to be up there, the paint is smelly AND would muss your pretty fur ...) Instead they're probably blaming each other "What did YOU do to get us stuck down here? *I* have been perfectly good, it must have been YOUR fault!"
Amen to that, Karen. An authentic kitty conversation :) :) :)

catland
01-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Our little girl Jan once sat on a paper towel with paint stripper on it. :eek: Next thing she knew, she was scooped up and her backside was taking a shower.

So you can let Nicki and Daisy know that banishement to the basement is far better fate. ;)

davidpizzica
01-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Well, the living room is painted, everything is moved back, and daisy is laying on top of my recliner and Nikki in the crook of my left arm. They forgive me!

Laura's Babies
01-12-2006, 02:38 PM
TO funny! But they do not like that awful thing called c-h-a-n-g-e... not unless it does not disturb them and is FOR them!

orangemm
01-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Cats get into snits easily, don't they? but, we have to do what is best for the little furbrats!

Glad you have been forgiven!

JenBKR
01-12-2006, 03:21 PM
David, what were you thinking! How dare you disturb their routine :D

davidpizzica
01-12-2006, 04:03 PM
David, what were you thinking! How dare you disturb their routine :D
Jen, I didn't know where my head was at when I went ahead and painted the living room without their royal permission! Next time I'll ask!